Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Solution to fix lag on Google Chrome

Server
    DE01

Solution to fix lag on Google Chrome

I had experienced the terrible performance of flash player on Google Chrome and switched to use FireFox instead. I had the same FPS on both Google Chrome and FireFox, but somehow the game ran much more smoothly on FireFox. Unfortunately, FireFox has a very long time to load datas, such as screens, dialogs, etc.. Thus, I decided to go back to Google Chrome and find a solution.

I searched on Google with the key "Google Chrome improve flash player performance", and found out the reason as well as the solution.

1. Type chrome://plugins into the address box and hit enter.

2. Find Adobe Flash Player, and disable the one with pepflashplayer.

3. Restart Goolge Chrome (maybe not necessary) and start the game.

Now, I can run the game on Google Chrome as smoothly as on FireFox. The reason is the Pep Flash Player, which Google rewrites from Adobe Flash Player, and it is set as the default Flash Player on Google Chrome. For more details, you can search on Google like I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeannet View Post
    Ok, I have some extra information about Linux (and I think that about Windows and other systems) and Chrome browser performance.
    Syltom show us how to disable PepperFlash. It's good approach when we use Windows of course. But in Linux PepperFlash is the only way to play on Heroes online. On most Linux machines (especially with AMD Radeon or Intel cards) the performance is radically terrible. So what can we do?
    1. Open Google Chrome (or Chromium - its similarity). Type in address bar chrome://gpu
    2. If one or more positions have status "Unavailable" (for Heroes critically is Flash Stage3D) you probably have the same problem as I had.
    3. Go to the new tab and type chrome://flags
    4. As you can see, this page contains a experimental functions available in Google Chrome browser. The changes are threaten some risks but don't worry - they can be canceled if necessary.
    5. I'm from Poland so I can't tell what are the original names of options but I can write the name of flags who MUST be changed. They are: #ignore-gpu-blacklist (must be ON), #force-compositing-mode-2 (must be ON), #enable-experimental-canvas-features (must be ON), #accelerated-filters (must be ON). Every other option should be unchanged (or be changed at your own risk!).
    6. Restart the browser. Now, when you go to the chrome://gpu you probably see that every graphics features are now enabled. Go to the game...
    7. ... and it's work! The game has about 60 FPS (sometimes less, but it's still smoothly). In my case game running faster and better than on Windows platform (I have checked on Windows 7 and latest Firefox).

If you still have some problems with configuration please take a look on screenshots below to ensure that you know what to do:

The configuration of browser is broken....

This is default settings of Chrome flags...

Screenshot above shows changes what are needed to play on Heroes...

When you restart Google Chrome browser a graphics feature should looks like this...

And this is sreenshot from Linux Mint 16 Petra (it's nothing else but Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander; alternatively I tested this on Linux Mint 15 - Ubuntu 13.04 Raring)...
    Last edited by Syltom; 18.10.14 at 16:06.
    Hibernating and waiting for Black Dragons

Server
    DE01
    Not working at all.

Server
    DE01
    Did you also try with other browser like Firefox, IE, Safari, Oracle, etc.? If the reason is your computer is weak or Internet connection is not stable, there's nothing I can help.

If the game can run just fine on other browsers, your problem is something else.
    Last edited by Syltom; 03.10.14 at 00:48.

Server
    DE01
    It's the same on every browser, working great until suddenly u lag for some time. U can't fix LAG, it's server issue or ur response with it. Everyone lags, they need more stable servers, my whole guild have that issue.

But u can improve framerate per second (FPS). But those 2 things (Lag aka latency and FPS ) are completely different stuff.

Server
    DE01
    Not everyone gets lag. My ping is always around 5 to 30, and I have 30 to 60 FPS. Thus, I believe this is not a problem on the server itself.

The servers locate in France. Could you try to test ping to any address in France please?
    Last edited by Syltom; 06.10.14 at 17:33.

Server
    DE01
    well that definetly helped with performance but I am still freezing in battle.

Server
    DE01
    I just wanted to come back and thank the OP. My Chrome performance across the board, from this game to just browsing has increased so much on my slower machine! I love it! Makes me pause and think Chrome is junk now and I should go somewhere else, but it seems all browsers run pepper flash. Thank you. Game still freezes during combat but I am pretty sure that is a poppup menu issue on their end. Thanks again.

Server
    DE01
    I had disabled the Chrome/Pep flashplayer, and today was prompted to run a Flash update. I installed it, but now I can no longer see the second flash player plugin in the chrome://plugins window. I tried running the game in IE and that worked fine, so I assume the plugin must be installed, but not recognised by Google?...

Anyone else got this issue? Should I just give up and use IE for this game? ...

Server
    DE01
    guys, try using maxthon. you will be surprise how smooth it is

Server
    DE01
    Tested with Firefox on Linux: the game doesn't start, with an error message that it couldn't detect Flash. In fact Flash was installed and running, I even watched with it a video from this site. Flash has version 11.2.202.425 on Linux, because according to Adobe this is the last version on Linux before they cut it off.

Tested with Chromium (from Debian repo), and with Google Chrome version 39, the latest from Google at this time (pep plugin enabled): the game starts with pep; but it's sluggish to unplayable. It takes a few seconds to move your character on the map.

Experimented with chrome flags, as suggested in the post above. On version 39, only two of the four flags mentioned by the poster still exist in the same form; the poster screenshot shows they had version 31. There is no noticeable difference on performance for me. Experimented with other flags, approximating some of the tweaks above; no noticeable difference in the sluggish behavior.

Installed Google Chrome version 32, and applied all the suggestions in the post above, switching on the flags from default. No difference in the sluggish behavior, it still takes seconds to move.

Video card on this machine: Nvidia GeForce 7025 / nForce 630a.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast