Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Discussion Round: Playable Creatures/Units

Server
    DE01
    What about Humans ? Show us heaven creatures as well..

Server
    DE01
    Very soon!

Server
    DE01
    Thanks for fixing the thread Eraya, I was pretty sure my thread would be moved when it was fixed.

So I decided to go back and do some math to check on the effects of melee and ranged might resistances in regards to the reduced health on the necro creatures. I didn't bother look at the fates because I believe the changes to them are pretty minor.

The ghosts and spectres are going to suffer roughly 2 - 10% higher losses which isn't too bad.

The skeletons / skeletal spearmen will suffer roughly 20 - 45% losses from a melee attack but will receive roughly 33% less damage from ranged might. I believe that is a pretty fair trade off.

The poor liches / archliches will suffer 30-60% losses (higher for melee) but received a substantial damage bonus of 30 - 36% so this change should make room for increased variation in army composition since less stacks will do more damage and too many stacks will end up with high losses. High damage but high risk although the losses may be on the high side.

The vampires and vampire lords will suffer 2 - 7% less on melee attacks but 3 - 8% more on ranged. Their attack has also been crippled by 15% and retaliation by 33%. I agree with the retaliation reduction since they now have life steal on retaliation. I am not sure if I agree with a double reduction on both health and attack for the vampire lord. The reductions on the vampire side seem reasonable but the vampire lord should have either a bit more health or a bit more damage. Looking at the resistances, I believe the attack damage needs to be increased on the vampire lord only but not by much, say 2 -3 points. It just seems to me that vampire lords are not much of an improvement over regular vampires.

The lamassu hasn't really been changed all that much except it will now suffer 10% more losses which I don't really agree with since it should be a tank and suffer a bit less losses from before. The putrid lamassu on the other hand has really been wounded because it will now suffer 5% more ranged damage and 41% more melee damage. I agree with slightly higher damage from ranged sources but this unit needs to have better protection in melee. The reason for the higher damage is that it has both less health and its second ability no longer reduces the melee damage of surrounding attackers. To be honest, I prefer the new ability that reduces health of nearby units by 20% because I would use this unit to block choke points and draw enemy attention away from other troops while using the other troops to take down the blocked enemies. I know they have increased movement range but this does not make up for the melee damage penalty. I believe this unit needs to be able to absorb more melee damage which would mean increasing the health and the melee resistance, then reducing movement to 4 or 5 and ranged resistance. The new putrid lamassus should suffer less than 5% more casualties than the old one and maybe even reduced losses in the range of 2 - 5% when compared to the old one. Alternatively, the special ability could do a reduction of both health and melee damage by 20% but this might make them a bit too strong of a unit.

I am not really going to comment much on the ghouls because I am not sure how their ability worked in the first place but I do know they will suffer either similar or slightly less casualties than the old units. I feel that they are kind of like the praetorian, they are a nice unit but by the time the player can get the upgraded units, they are likely going to choose a better unit. The game tutorial should almost include building a builders hall and purchasing upgrades of those two units because it would explain the how the builders hall works and those units would be quite useful in chapter 2 and to start with in chapter 3.

I didn't bother looking at the other resistances (such as fire, wind, air, etc) too much because those changes make the player think a little bit more about what troops to bring to specific battles. The only one that seems to need major fixing is the putrid lamassu because right now it is worse than the lamassu.

Server
    DE01
    I did some fights today, and i have to say that Lamasus are NOT tanks anymore, even tho they are classified as such... After the patch, ive got my lamasus oneshot i think twice, and they died from full stack to 0 in 1 turn maybe 2-3 times! Needless to say what happened to rest of my army after "tanks" at choke points died... Might hero just doesnt have the control and heals to pull it off and survive if enemy gets into liches and ghosts too early, and that is exactly whats going on now. While defending, my lamasus have 75% resistance, yet they got oneshot by 200 elite demons in melee, and with reduced heal on ghosts and without raise dead buff (before some enemy stacks die) it is impossible to keep them up with just 1 spell per turn. Out of vampires, spinners and lamasus... unit labelled as tank is actually the worst tank, and against might attacks at that too.

Maybe reduce their dmg, but buff HP back to normal values? They deal more dmg than vampires now (why does tank deal more dmg but is worse at tanking than brawler?). With vengeance they already deal more dmg on retaliation than normal attack, and i think normal attack should be even lower, with higher hp. As for passive, im still undecided about it. With reduced HP, it should be old passive, with old hp, it can be new one... otherwise, lamassu are not worth having in game

Used 2 lamasus stacks to block 2 tile passage, and lost all my advanced units that took week to recruit because 1 lamasus got oneshot and made the opening. Makes no sense whatsoever that tank unit cant tank might attacks, especially melee ones. If i was magic hero, then it would be doable, with night shrouds, mass slows and whatnot, but as a might... this is becoming horrible. Might HAS TO tank enemies, unless you get very lucky and some core unit attacks you in 1 tile passage, so you can torpor and intimidation forever while you pick off those behind it, but otherwise, you have to tank, and with those nerfs, i wont even bother with advanced units if 1 hit is enough to ruin the whole fight.

Also, something got messed up with items. Out of 6 relics ive got, 5 are for magic hero and the only one for might hero has a value of 166 at lvl 30... for comparison i have old lvl 24 relic that has 165 value, and magic lvl 29 relic that has 253 value... almost 90 more than lvl 30 one! I guess it has something to do with stuff about stats on items mentioned in change log.

Server
    DE01
    all necro units now TOO vulnerable to haven's Sunray magic bolt. why not decrease haven's darkness or prime magic resistance then? health also downed too much. Ravenous Ghouls' 2nd ability worse than before - can't use them as tanks now.

Server
    DE01
    Is there a list anywhere? I am trying to figure out what my Champion creatures are going to be now I have slots open

Server
    DE01
    HP reduction for tank units is huge drawback. Necro don't have any real tank unit anymore, Lamasus are now support unit not tank. Also cavaliers need speed of at least 5

Server
    DE01
    Quote Originally Posted by sokoexp View Post
    all necro units now TOO vulnerable to haven's Sunray magic bolt. why not decrease haven's darkness or prime magic resistance then? health also downed too much. Ravenous Ghouls' 2nd ability worse than before - can't use them as tanks now.
    The Haven's units also got decreased resistance to darkness etc now (especially the blazing glories)

What is weird though is that cavaliers have a MUCH higher darkness resistance then sun crusaders

Server
    DE01
    The problem is that only special abilities of necro units deal darkness damage, they are mostly prime dmg! not to mention that fate spinners baleful gaze no longer does darkness but might damage...
    Necro unit abilities are mostly crap for might hero who doesnt cast much dmg spells, has to kill quickly, so rarely use shadow bolt... and only darkness damage they do in the end are ghosts and spectres with their heal/aoe... yet archliches reduce darkness resistance, compared to glories disable its crap
    I dont remember ever using archliches ability that reduces darkness resistance... no use on death knight

Haven units deal light damage with light damage abilities... necro prime with darkness abilities... its silly

i dont do pvp, but i still find it silly how necro units have like 1 useful ability... ghost heal and stasis is the 2nd i guess

Server
    DE01
    I got bored of the game before you could post the changes on the heaven creatures. good job!

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast