View Poll Results: Did you enjoy the Crimson Traders event?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

28 37.33%
  • No

33 44.00%
  • I did not participate

14 18.67%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Crimson Traders event.

Server
    DE01
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaramorte View Post
    a lil "trick" was to take invitation in battle from players a bit lower in level: for example i'm 28, and if a 22 lev invite me the difficulty would be fair enough... and sometimes is good to loose some troops, or the game would be too easy ^^

i Loved this event, and hope to saw more like this soon
    yeah sure its good to lose some troops, but not the whole stacks or multiple stacks. Sometimes it said it was average and then you had to fight against 2 stacks of thunderbirds with 25 or more units in one stack. And of course with lots of goblins and maulers. And yeah they say it's easier to fight them on higher levels, well i was lvl 18 ish when i first encountered them with good gear, 1 runestone and 3 or 4 shrines and i still lost a lot of units and even a whole stack, while it had 4k less battlepower than i did. So doing that 3 times a day and losing half of my units to get 1 or maybe 2 thunderbirds, yeah that sucks.

And buying them with seals is also costly because of the enlist bug, goblins and maulers being living creatures doesn't make this event fun or interesting for the necromancer.

Server
    DE01
    Way too hard to enjoy the actual quests / battles (almost all the time my losses were simply too great to handle in a short time) .... What I enjoyed was the 1k mercury offer in the shop

Server
    DE01
    1 - it was to hard for me to bother with ... so i went to Plan B and just bought the damn thing .

2 - buying the shop mercury Saved me some time .. so there is that .

3- if your going to make all the upcoming events this hard. ..i will feel like am being forced to buy event items and start Losing the value / Sense / enjoyment of having an event ... so lets tune that difficulty a bit and make the prize's for beating them worth the trouble . as i see it there fights where to high risk for me and with low outcome .

Server
    DE01
    I voted a strong NO.

Although if you were able to get a few stacks of thunder birds, they are fun to play with which is a good thing until they get nerfed (seeing as there are already people calling for them to be nerfed). The event was not very beneficial to lower level players because the mercury rewards for defeating 3 groups of escaped beastmen was half that of higher levels and was too costly troop wise (unless this was your second hero and you are able to transfer troops via the bailiff). And if a lower level player teamed up with a higher level player, the rewards from the battle were a measly 10 mercury each not to mention the stronger army from doing so could easily one shot the lower level players stacks. I agree with the higher level player only getting 10 mercury but the lower level player should have still gotten at least 30 mercury.

With my high level hero, I tried teaming up with a friend many times and we also suffered high casualties due to one shot kills on our stacks. You had to play very very carefully and not make one single mistake or it would cost you dearly. And trying to even pick better battles didn't work because the enemy details licence never shows the proper army you are going to face in a coop match.

If I chose my matches carefully, I could solo the beastmen without any losses but it took way too much time and just wasn't worth it. In the end it was better to just buy the mercury with hero seals which I take it is the way the event was designed to be. I have no real issue with that but the rewards from the battles and quests should be a bit better than they were.

One positive about the event was that rewards (in terms of drops) from battles against beastmen far surpassed those received in heroic battles.

One of the biggest problems with the event was timing. Implementing an event like this at the same time as the nerfing to all player units was very poor planning. No one even had a chance to play with the newly nerfed units and the event was on. Most people, myself included suffered heavy losses in the first few battles because they were eager to try these beastmen out and didn't realize how significant an impact the changes had made on the game play. And it wasn't just troops that were changed, hero abilities were changed as well.

Like this game, the event had a lot of potential but has fallen well short of expectations.

Server
    DE01
    Adding content is always welcome and will keep players interested. If there would be more events of this kind, i would very much like that you make it one time impossible to buy event resources with seals. Next event again possible, next one not etc...Just to make people work for it for sometimes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2