Reply to Thread

Thread: FAQ – The Forgotten Sites - by BB_Kuby

Server
    DE01

FAQ – The Forgotten Sites - by BB_Kuby

http://forum.test.heroes-online.com/...Change-log-v77

Quote Originally Posted by BB_Kuby
    FAQ – The Forgotten Sites
    With this deployment we would like to introduce a new feature – The Forgotten Sites.
    Forgotten Sites are hidden Dungeons which hold great spoils for those who dare search them. To find your way into a Forgotten Site you have to search for Obelisks which are strewn across the Provinces of Ashan. Gleaming (active) Obelisks provide you with pieces of a Puzzle, revealing parts of a map. Once the map is fully revealed it will lead you to a Forgotten Site. There, you will find a small army with which you have to fight your way through the Dungeon. On your way you can free more troops to face the Dungeon’s Boss. Only by defeating him will you be rewarded with the spoils he’s guarding.
    Rumors have it that you can also find Crystals in these Dungeons.

Read the F.A.Q for the Forgotten Sites below

The Forgotten Sites are special Dungeons in MMHO. A Hero has to fight his or her way through them, without his or her regular gear and army. The Hero’s stats will be increased by the magical aura of the sites, supporting Creatures can be found in the Dungeon and only the abilities learned will help in the battles.

Why can’t I keep my Artefacts and Troops?
    The Magic of the Forgotten Sites prevents their use. This makes them quite difficult tactical challenges, where each individual turn counts and Troop Loss is important to track. It also makes the Forgotten Sites a similar challenge to everyone.

Can I use shrines, rune stones, shards or licenses?
    No, all buffs will be paused while you are in a Forgotten Site. They will continue normally after you left it again. Licenses work as usual.

What can I gain by going to the Forgotten Sites?
    If you manage to win a Forgotten Site, you will be rewarded with powerful Artefacts, suited to your Level and Class. You will also obtain Resources (including Crystals), Consumables and great amounts of XP. Even if you fail, there are always some Crystals hidden in the Dungeon for you to find.

How do I unlock the Forgotten Site?
    You can find several Obelisks on each province map. There are some active and inactive Obelisks. The active ones will change every day. Active Obelisks unlock parts of a puzzle that covers the place of the Forgotten Site. Your Hero Level determines how many Obelisks you need to visit to reveal the full puzzle map.

Do I have to visit more Obelisks when I level up while I am visiting all the needed Obelisks?
    The amount of Obelisks you need to visit is set when you unlock the first puzzle of the map. This means: No, you don’t have to visit more Obelisks when you level up after you visited the first one.

Are all Forgotten Sites the same?
    The difficulty, the creatures and the size of the dungeon will adjust to your Hero’s level. The Dungeons have also different layouts and ways through them. It’s worth playing the Forgotten Sites more than once.

Can I pause a Forgotten Site?
    You can logout from the game and continue later, but you cannot leave the Forgotten Site. If you leave the Forgotten Site via the entry point it will fail.

Can I equip Artefacts in a Forgotten Site?
    No, you are not able to use Artefacts in Forgotten SItes.

Can I use my abilities?
    Yes, you can use all your abilities you learned so far in a Forgotten Site.

Can I visit my town to get new troops?
    It is not possible to recruit new troops from your town while you are in a Forgotten Site. You will find fresh troops guarded by encounters in the dungeon.

Do I have to defeat all encounters?
    You are not forced to defeat all encounters, but this might help you with your Main Goal: In order to win a Forgotten Site and receive its rewards, you have to defeat its boss.

My army is much weaker/stronger in a Forgotten Site than it is on the province map!
    As you don’t have your artefacts equipped and your stats are set to a fixed amount, this is a usual behavior.
    Once you left the Forgotten Site, all your values are back to normal.

Can I restart a Forgotten Site after I failed?
    Yes, you can restart a Forgotten Site for Hero Seals or you can start searching for active Obelisks again and unlock a new Forgotten Site. You can also retry individual Battles as usual.

Can I play another Forgotten Site after I finished one?
    Of course you can. Look to your left and right for active Obelisks on the province map and visit them again to complete a new puzzle.

How do I get pieces for the puzzle?
    You get them for visiting active Obelisks, or in some rare cases as Quest Rewards. If you would like to speed this process up, you can also buy them for Hero Seals.

How many pieces do I need for a puzzle?
    This is depending of your hero level at the moment you visited the first Obelisk to unlock a new puzzle.
    Hibernating and waiting for Black Dragons

Server
    DE01
    How many obelisks are active each day? I've seen some really old posts saying 5-9, but haven't talked to anyone saying higher than ONE.
    Currently I'm on chapter 3 so can only visit 12, I'd just like to know if I can stop searching each day after I've found one.

Thanks

Server
    DE01
    I have seen 3 in whispering plains active on the same day, so I advise not giving up after finding one. Also, I usually get 2-3 active between chapter 1 and 3. Most I've seen on a day so far was around 5, when I just started chapter 4.

Server
    DE01
    Definitely you have to check every obelisk every day (especialy those in ch2 , there is 3 obelisk so close and also ch1 have 3 realy easy obelisks) . But I have another question to "pro" players - obelisk resets only when quests resets or obelisk can be activated during a day ? I mean - it is worth of time to go 2times per day to same obelisks or simply no ?

Server
    DE01
    It's per day. Doesn't matter if you go to forgotten site in between, they don't reset till the next day.

Server
    DE01
    Quote Originally Posted by Arunalia View Post
    It's per day. Doesn't matter if you go to forgotten site in between, they don't reset till the next day.
    I personaly think it , but too many players on world chat have diferent opinion

Server
    DE01
    there is one active in every town daily. If you want to know how many you need for completing the map is around 90 hero seals /obelisk, divide the heroseals required

Reply to Thread