Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions for the Developers.

Server
    DE01
    Is there to be a christmas event and if so when?

Server
    DE01

Reinforced stacks lose units while it does not show so in battle.

Hi,

Just something I find very annoying. Past weeks I have been trying to figure this out, but I am not totally sure this is a bug or just simply something that needs some adjustments/explanations. Here's the situation : I use Imperial Griffins as my shock troops. First thing I do, is reinforce my stack of griffins, then send them straight into the enemy. In some battles their number is well above the number of non-reinforced stacks and yet, in the battle report afterwards, it says I lost some griffins. How is this possible ? Bug or no bug ?

I am aware damage over time may decrease the number of the actual stack, so I'd better check with my healers (I'm playing as a knight and regrettably don't have elite healing). Apparently, damage over time may or may not kill some of the original stack without me noticing it, the numbers of my reinforced stack being well above the numbers of any normal stack, yet I may have lost some units...

But, what about abilities like the Desert Lamassus or the Void-Corrupted monks ? I just lost 3 griffins to Desert Lamassus and 9 to the Monks. In both cases there were not many casualties on my side, yet when the enemy surrendered, my stack of griffins were adjacent to (the very small remainder) of Desert Lamassus or those Monks. Is that the reason and maybe the bug ? I mean, reduced HP (Desert Lamassus) should result in easier kills for the enemies, but when you end the fight standing adjacent to them, you lose units ? In the case of the monks: I reinforced my stack (63 becomes 79 griffins), lost 5 griffins to their retalliations (it showed 74 remaining). While the reinforcements were not all killed (just 5 of them), how is it possible my original stack then loses 9 units ? Just because the stack was standing adjacent to them when the fight ended ?

I'm puzzled..if anyone can shed some light over this, I'd be very happy.

Server
    DE01
    Thank you for your well explained post Johnston

I am moving this thread to the "Questions for the Developers" section so they can look into this for you

Server
    DE01
    Thanks, Zandra ! This is the first time I posted. Sorry if it was not in the right place.

Let me add this regarding the damage over time: I think the enemy attack in which the ''damage over time'' is being applied is not the cause, but the damage over time itself (poison,''bleeding''). At the end of the round. you may lose units to poisoning or bleeding when the enemy stack was big enough to cause that amount of damage. I did not lose units to that when the battle ended in the same round and the damage over time did not take effect yet. In 1 fight, I had a big stack of Risen Rakshasas ''gashing'' my reinforced Griffins, but that did not cost me any losses in the battle report when the battle ended that same round. Checking afterwards with priests makes this clear, too. Reinforced stacks may need healing due to damage over time even if it has barely lost any of its reinforcements...
    Last edited by Johnston; 06.12.14 at 22:17.

Server
    DE01
    Ok so here is a MAJOR question... Where do the DEVELOPERS think the current balance lies? Like what units they think are too strong or too weak, which class needs most love, expert/boss/heroic battles?

I have seen the road map, I just want an overview from their point of view so we can compare which issues they know of and which we know of.

Server
    DE01
    Actually, we have only Necro and Knight faction.
    Is there a project for the other factions for 2015, like inferno on Sanctuary? If yes, when and what faction?
    If no: this idea can happen for 2016?

Server
    DE01
    This thread is very hard to find, if it wasn't for answers thread that has a link leading here I wouldn't have found it even. Consider changing thread location to another section.

question: Some of the major bugs, like night shrouded unit movement range info, or obelisc/shard/puzzle shorcut display problem are still not resolved. Can we expect that you will consider these major bugs your priority above all? Some of them are quite more important than the bonus material, events, etc. I've seen some of the smaller bugs fixed, but these are in here from the start and noone's fixing it. They are affecting the gaming experience for so long we are starting to adjust tactical approach by them. That's ridiculous.

Server
    DE01
    Hi

Im a new player to this game and i would like to make a suggestion.

Something that i have noticed in this game is that very early on im struggling alot with troops. When i ask around with players who has played a little longer than i have they dont seem to have this problem. When i ask around with players who no longer play this game or only tried it briefly, this is almost exclusively the reason that they no longer play.

To that id like to add that i think this game has alot of potential and definitely has its own appeal to it even though it may differ alot from most other similar games. In fact out of all webbrowser games ive played this could maybe be the best one. The reason im posting this is just that, id like this game to improve something very minor which could help it keep around a much larger amount of players that do choose to try it out.

So heres the deal, new players are bound to make mistakes, thats a given as it would be in any other game. The only problem is that in this game when they do its not punishing their progress in the game but rather delaying it by a fair amount of time. Now i understand the concept and why things work the way they do but when a new player starts to play a game and is enjoying it for lets say 1-2hours, then hits a wall cause of mistakes made they are very likely to not continue giving the game more of their time if they cant try to do better without first waiting 24H. This doesnt actually punish u for making the mistake it only delays your progress by x amount of time and that in turn punishes the game itself rather than the player.

So as ive said i understand why things work the way they do and ive given this some thought on how you could possibly make any kind of change that keeps the game the way that it is now while still making some minor change that can get alot more players to stick around and give this game more than just that initial hour or two. What i came up with is that either the first 5lvls or maybe even 10 should become either easier, something im not a fan of so id rather moveo to option B. That would be to give players a "get out of jail free card" or whatever u wanna call it. Basically for new players who just created their first hero in this game they will get to restock their barracks/loophole tower or whatever first 2 (or 3) core creature barracks once. This would then be a single time use and it would not be possible to use this if u have become lvl 10 or if you have had your character for oh lets say 3days (or whatever else you find is balanced really the details are only assumptions that ive made and your probably better off at balancing this)

I honestly think that over half of the player that quit this game due to lack of troops would give this game far more time to let it grow on them if something like this existed and this cant really have any real impacts on how the game is played if all the restrictions are properly made (lvl or days or whatever else you may need to restrict it with)

Server
    DE01
    @Mahin the current best way is to destroy your dwelling and rebuild it once a day for a restock. But you can only do that once per day. I'd say rather than a get out of jail card, allow them a 25% troop loss (lose only 25% of units that died, so if you are wiped out you still have 75% of your troops) for the first map or first 10 levels.

Server
    DE01
    my suggestion is not at all very different from destroying/rebuilding a barrack, the only difference is that this way you dont have to worry about it if you spend just a bit of time on upgrading the barrack to lvl2, also this way you can restock all of your units rather than just 1 type, but u can do this only 1 time instead of on a 24H cooldown.

If you are a new player and you did make mistakes and you find yourself in a situation where you cant do much in the game due to not having troops, the options are currently that u wait for them to slowly restock or destroy a creatureproducing dwelling and rebuild it. In the later option youll end up with say 2sets of ghouls for example but an army like this is going to again face the same problem that you had previously. Thats why a one time full restock of the core creatures would be far better. (the first option of just waiting for troops to restock is an option that will most likely make players quit the game instead of giving it a chance given they have only played it for an hour or two and have no problems letting go of it).

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast