Thread: PvP Make-Over

Server
    DE01

PvP Make-Over

Since PvP seasons have been taken down for a month, I am assuming that the devs are working on a new PvP system. I have wanted to make a suggestion on how I believe the whole PvP system should be set up for a long time now but just haven't been bothered to. The current ladder system where you start in the Prospect League and then move on to the next league by finishing in the top of your respective league is pure non-sense. In my very first ever PvP match, I was matched up with a player that was #2 on League 1. It was a quick battle where I saw my troops perish but I did learn that a person simply does not go into PvP with the same army as they use in PvE and expect to be able to do well. So basically I was matched up with a player with far more experience and was too new to really know how much different PvP was. I switched up my army a bit and went back in and this time I made it to Round 11 which was a huge jump from only making it to Round 3. I tried one more PvP battle after that and although I won, I lost interest due to the battle ranking system which at some point will mean I lose my own troops.

I noticed that the first players I went up against were using mostly unupgraded creatures which makes sense if their battle ranking is high enough that they lose troops. In all honesty, the PvP system is not setup to allow players to go full out with each other. I was able to do so because it was my first couple of matches and I had no fear of losing creatures. I also know that a lot of players likely play PvP only for the seals. I really don't care about that myself, what I would like to do is play some PvP, meet some more players and finish some of those PvP only related achievements. But the whole losing troops thing to do something I don't much care for really turns me off. Instead of having the current style of PvP matches, there needs to be more variety with different types of matches and instead of having a ladder league, why not have completely different leagues, all with different settings or conditions in which the player is able to choose which league(s) they will enroll in for the season. This doesn't mean the player can't play a match that has different conditions than those set out in their league, it just means the results will not count towards the rankings in that league. The following are some examples of the different type of matches that I would like to see in the system:

Match Type 1:

This is basically the same type of battle as is in the current system. The player comes equipped with gear, scrolls, potions, runes, shards, shrine buffs and an army gathered from PvE to compete.

Match Type 2:

All heroes entering this match are stripped of all their gear and armies and given a random but equivalent army to fight with. Stats are then set to a preset value based on level. The only advantage a player could have during this match would be any extra abilities gained in dragon knight levels. The players would be limited to using the mana and abilities they have, once the player has no more mana, the only abilities they can use are shouts or the default hero attack. This would be very similar to how the forgotten sites are done. The random armies could even be made up of any neutral creature to add some variety to this type of PvP match although the player should have to unlock them through PvP progress or by paying hero seals.

Match Type 3:

Coop match. This would be a PvP match consisting of two player teams and could have subsets with conditions such as Match Types 1 & 2 listed above.

Match Type 4:

Objective based match. This would be a PvP match where both players must complete the objective first. This could involve a neutral army which is occupying 3 positions and whichever player occupies the most of those positions once they are all occupied wins. The positions would contain a neutral army that would be stationary so the only way to take the position is to defeat the enemy and then move into the position (no vampire lord switching since the target would be immune to such an action) and then once a stack was in that position, it can no longer move, that player has secured that position. Or another objective one would be that each player is given a friendly NPC to protect (which would also have to be protected from the vampire lord switching), first player to kill the other players' NPC wins.

These are just examples of four types of match ups that I can think of, I am sure other players could think of other types of match ups. Based on the types of match ups there could be two different types of Leagues for each match up with different rewards for the top player. Again the player would decide which league to enroll in, whether or not players can enroll in multiple leagues is up to the devs. Here is my line of thinking on how leagues could be set up:

Beginner League:

All new players to PvP would have to enroll in this league which would allow them to try out matches from any other league. The top player could have a small reward in seals (say 500 or less) as well as earning some extra prestige points (maybe 1000?). I would think all players should earn a set amount of prestige and maybe the top 5 earn a higher amount of prestige points. Players can only enroll in this league once per hero.

Anything Goes League:

These are the rankings for Match Type 1 except a certain percentage of creatures lost in combat die at the end of the match. This percentage should be linked to whether or not the troop is advanced or not. For example, advanced creatures would suffer 50% (or higher) less casualties. This will introduce some benefit to using the advanced creatures. Players would also be able to purchase items during combat from the hero seals shop if desired. Anything goes in this league so if a player finds a way to just win battles using magic abilities then so be it, hats off go to that player for finding a unique way to win. Since this is very similar to the existing PvP matches, I would say it should still have a high reward in hero seals (15,000 - 20,000 hero seals) as well as some prestige points.

Anything Goes Friendly League:

Basically this is the rankings for Match Type 1 except no creatures are lost at the end of the match. Players would also be able to purchase items during combat from the hero seals shop if desired. Since this is a friendly league, no hero seals would be given as rewards however prestige points would be. The fun part about this league is that you can go full out with your army and really test your skills out without fear of losing troops and affecting your performance in PvE.

Skills League:

This is the ranking for Match Type 2. In my opinion, a player would need the most skill (hence the name) in this type of league since you are limited to your wits as you are limited in mana and never have the same army twice. There would be no need for a friendly league for this match type since the losses in battle would not affect PvE play. I believe some hero seals should be granted to the top place (say 1000 - 5000) as well as prestige points since it does take some skill to win this type of a contest.

Heroic League:

This is the ranking for Match Type 4. A certain percentage of creatures lost in combat die at the end of the match but this percentage would be significantly lower than the losses in the Anything Goes League. This percentage should be linked to whether or not the troop is advanced or not. For example, advanced creatures would suffer 50% (or higher) less casualties. This will introduce some benefit to using the advanced creatures. Players would also be able to purchase items during combat from the hero seals shop if desired. The rewards would include a small amount of hero seals (1000-2500) and a higher amount of prestige. I called it the "heroic" league because the actions of protecting an NPC or capturing objectives are heroic actions.

Heroic Friendly League:

The same as the Heroic League except no troops are lost. There would be no hero seals rewards however prestige rewards would be higher than other leagues.

Heroic Skills League:

A combination of Matches 2 & 4. There would be a small hero seal reward for the top player as well as higher prestige rewards.

Coop Leagues:

This could get complicated as you could have any combination of the leagues above so I would recommend making a Friendly Coop League first and seeing the interest in it first before making other leagues.

A change in the PvP system like I have mentioned above would open up new possibilities for achievements and would allow all players to complete achievements without playing in the competitive leagues. I don't know if other players feel the same but I would rather PvP have a lot of different types of matches than the same type of match in every league as the system currently is.

What do other players think?

Server
    DE01
    good tread gravel I thing if they change that it will be great and for sure they must change special ability of griffins. I completely agree whit all types coop pvp will be very big fun and mana pots and scrolls must be limited and shouts must cost no mana and I thing pvp will be more intresting

Server
    DE01
    This thread had like 3-4 +1 replies, one of them mine, where did they go? deleted???

Server
    DE01
    Yeah, obviously liking friends opinion does not sound like one in mods ears...
    What i think, i dont have the nerves needed to explain myself, cause half of my thoughts im shure were in devs minds as well, but thinkin is one thin, acting accordingly compl diff story... So, yes, devs know they have to rework the PVP section and they know the major flaws and how to get around them, but its rather slow and painful process - i dont even play PVP and im already pissed off to devs for not listenin to players suggestions.

Server
    DE01
    Hi yes pvp its crap only 5 players still play pvp coz all skills messed up and they give firepower to clerics after 30 lv u have nothing to do only 6 weekly and pvp when pvp is broken what we have to do weekly wich took 3 hours to beat all of them and then hole week we just log to see 1st 20 position in top legue all are clerics i dont rly see why they make 1 race so overpowored other so weak there no point they only lose profits from seals coz more and more players stop playing this game coz mising balance at all or all must reroll to clerics just remuve 1 turn from mage make mass making lower dmg and change griffins soar isnt that hard soul mark must have at least 2 round reuse scrolls give a lot power to mages only ofc especiallt to clerics dont know why they make to choose from 4 different heroes when they just can put cleric on top whit sentance choose clerics or just del other 3 heroes and let all players play cleric if u dont change this soon more and more players will stop play game ...... i hope soon we will get some devs answers coz i am tired to write in this forun whitout reply form devs . Game is good only if u are cleric all others are crap vs this i dont even want to speak about might heroes wich dont have even magic resist or silence to not let mage cast magic like 1 round

Server
    DE01
    Mod please explain why were the replies to this post deleted, mine one of them??

Server
    DE01
    Hi Sajkczss,

There is no need for unnecessary bumping, and a +1 is unnecessary bumping a topic. If you have something constructive to add to a topic please do so; but this is not Facebook where you can 'Like' a post/topic.
    And please do not discuss moderating in public, this is why we have a private messaging system.

Server
    DE01
    Actually i have been told multiple times by mods if we support a topic then we should write it even if it is only a "+" or "+1", so that the mods can see how many people support it and devs have more info how urgent/popular something is. I was made clear that the more people write in a topic the more attention it gets by the mods and thus the devs even if its "+1".

is +1 really worse than "i support this idea" ?
    Yeah its not facebook alright, but whats bad about an indicator that tells you how many people actually support something? This should be gold for as you get more info in... unless...

Server
    DE01
    I did not know that supporting idea with "+1" , or "Like" or even short sentence of approving without extra constructive feedback is off the forum rules. I dont have anything constructive to add, i just like the ideas and wanted to express that.

Server
    DE01
    Hello,

Way off-topic now, so please get back to the original topic 'PvP Make Over', thank you!