Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: boss

Server
    DE01
    Valrok:
    - Stage 1: http://youtu.be/LmrT3V7fu4E
    - Stage 2: http://youtu.be/LTZAXfx-KBo
    - Stage 3: http://youtu.be/8EwW_ddwuyw

Lost 24 units. It is really a shame that Valrok died too soon. If he lasted until round 2, I could heal up and had 0% loss
    Hibernating and waiting for Black Dragons

Server
    DE01
    No offense, Syltom, but going with 5x same troops (Archliches) is simply a design flaw and brings nothing honorable.

Server
    DE01
    I don't care if it is a flaw or not honorable. I win and I don't whine that the boss is too difficult.

Server
    DE01
    Quote Originally Posted by Tepesvoda View Post
    TLDR, Ubi changed these boss fights so that you are forced to use major potions, hence to pull money from your pockets. Therefore, weekly bosses nowadays, unless you are a wallet hero, are simply not worth it. Not even for the value of the items won. Shame on you, Ubi, we are no longer winning battles for our skils, but for our money
    I am really against pay2win.
    BUT bosses and every single PvE fight is win-able AND worth it without being a "wallet hero" (unless there are horrible bugs).

Maybe you just didnt use all units/options that are ingame to their full potential. And while there is nothing wrong, how syltom fights valrok, there are also other setups with more diversity in units to kill valrok without losses and usage of mana potions.

I can understand that some people say its too hard. But please also understand people who say its too easy.
    Thats why syltom(if i remember correctly) suggested to let people chose different difficulty settings for bosses. (easier for less rewards)
    Also i suggested to make boss-difficulty choose-able like in heroic. So people could chose easier or harder settings for more or less rewards/xp.

New Valrok and bugged Voice (which seems patched now) finally made bosses somewhat challenging and interesting for people who were bored with old bosses.

Server
    DE01
    @AoS, if by using 5x same unit you consider it challenging and interesting, you, dear Sir, have a limited understanding of what fun means. It is utterly boring. Weekly bosses were, indeed, in the past too easy, but to jump to the current situation, where only abnormal combos (5x the same unit) assure the easy win against weekly bosses, that kills the fun in fighting them. Make the average player pay for not carefully reviewing the boss's abilities, don't force him achieve the win only by a using a unique strategy. And if you claim to have other setups with more diversity in units successful againt Valorok without usage of mana potions, I am happy to see them (other than Syltom's combo), until then, your affirmation has no support.

Server
    DE01
    Lol, if your fun is using a random setting and whining, then I'm fine with my own fun.

Server
    DE01
    1) I never made a statement about 5x same unit being challenging/interesting or not. But thanks telling me that my understanding of fun does not fit your personal definition of fun based on my post that does not make any statement about 5x same units being fun or not~~. Even if i was extactic about killing everything with the same 5 unit combo, its not your place to judge what is fun or not for other people...

2) Im NOT your babysitter or strategic advisor.
    If you cant figure out a unitcombo other than 5x Archliches by yourself then MAYBE you should not make big talks and claim u know it all.

Here are at least 3 people who disagree with you, but you simply label them as liers.
    I have 4 different unit setups for 8 bosses on 1 char alone, which minimize losses and time.
    My other chars have other setups. Unit diversity is more powerful than you might want to acknowledge.
    If you keep ignoring other players voices then you make yourself look like a baby who wants that only his opinion counts.

Now tell me, why would i want to tell you my setups?
    I dont even know if you have what it takes to execute them.

by the way: Finding out the best setup, is also part of the fun, for me at least ;-)

Server
    DE01
    The three persons to disagree with me in this thread are actually just two, you and Syltom, both of you as arrogant and obnoxious, as possible. Get down from your thrones, none of you is a Porphyrogennetos. At least, Syltom came up with some documented strategy. You, AoS, just show off. In my country, this is called a small c* syndrome. I am wasting my time here.

Server
    DE01
    Actually, I agree with them too.

Bosses are pretty easy.
    You don't need to use any manapots, scrolls, or anything (even if you need, is easy to farm some new...).
    Just use the correct setup.

You don't like the best setups and want to use some other random ones?
    Fine, but that's your choice, don't blame the game for that.
    Anyway, even with random setups, bosses are still easy... So... what's wrong? If you are in trouble with them, I am sorry but you just play it bad.

Server
    DE01
    Hi all,

As much as I encourage the discussion of ideas and suggestions, I would like to ask you to respect each other's opinion as well. Please try to remain friendly and polite. Thanks!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast