Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: boss

Server
    DE01

boss

NO but goes where? valrok in round 3 dissipated are unable to spell?
    resulting in more than 200 exalted glories lost !!!!!
    it is you who will whisked me get horny crystals to redo? eh !!!
    and more are being censer spell per round and made it to each shoot !!!
    no but please stop, I'm willing losses on bosses but there for the Shift you completely ABUSE !!!!!!!

are what a way to get us to buy in store?
    did some things because at this pace more people will do the bosses weekly !!!

have lost too !!!!!!

and each boss are lots silliness, ho wake up !!!!!

Server
    DE01
    first two rounds valrok we dont have to talk

round three
    - kill the totem that is responsible for damage over time or
    - kill valrok within 2 rounds

with necromage i lost 7 archliches
    with deathnight i lost about 20 ghosts

no special equipment, scrolls or troops needed

Server
    DE01

Varlok issue

Hello all,

yesterday a friend and I played the weekly boss battle - Varlok the Cyclops together. The first and the second stage went fine but totems couldn't be attacked.
    At the beginning of the third stage wrath magic was cast upon us by Varlok (or one of the totems) which couldn't be cleansed, purified or dispelled.
    We had to surrender a two-hour battle after two rounds in the third stage, and with heavy losses, too.

Had we stayed in the battle, we would have lost both our armies in 5 rounds. Has anyone else experienced similar problems?
    Is it supposed to work this way or is it a bug?

Thank you all for your help.

Server
    DE01
    Volvox wrote :
    first two stages valrok we dont have to talk

stage three
    - kill the totem that is responsible for damage over time or
    - kill valrok within 2 rounds

with necromage i lost 7 archliches
    with deathnight i lost about 20 ghosts

no special equipment, scrolls or troops needed

Server
    DE01
    OK, let me clarify a thing or three.

Valrok boss battle is very different from what it used to be before the latest fixes. Stage one resembles previous stage 2, stage 2 is what stage 3 used to be, and stage 3 is totally different.

It was impossible to destroy the totems. We tried shooting them, didn't work.
    The spell that was cast - wrath of some kind - could not be cleansed, purified or dispelled.

It just killed and killed and killed our troops after every turn, even when we defended.
    So, what used to be is no more, and this battle is virtually impossible to win the way it was 3 days ago

Server
    DE01
    The totems have 100% light magic resistance so your hero, priests, and glories do 0 dmg to it. You have to rush your celestials (or seraphs there to destroy it with PHYSICAL damage).
    1 st thing to do is to destroy the top far totem using non-light magic damage!

Rest is easy, but there is the "Aura of dissimation" (or something like that) bug that kills your entire stack! Read my thread: "Valrok-ENDLES damage" for more info.

Server
    DE01
    i was there with my 2x faceless 3x glory combo to test him out had to retreat from 3rd stage as i had no melee unit with me to kill totem, retry licence, gold buyout, but time wasted

when i was there next time i brought melee unit was fine. but its stupid design and highly favours nacromancers as they can heal most of damage if they came unprepared vs haven.

Server
    DE01
    Quote Originally Posted by Arseptian View Post
    The totems have 100% light magic resistance so your hero, priests, and glories do 0 dmg to it. You have to rush your celestials (or seraphs there to destroy it with PHYSICAL damage).
    1 st thing to do is to destroy the top far totem using non-light magic damage!

Rest is easy, but there is the "Aura of dissimation" (or something like that) bug that kills your entire stack! Read my thread: "Valrok-ENDLES damage" for more info.
    Thanks for clarifying that.

Server
    DE01
    If your light bring 2 griffins +range units if dark bring 2 vamps (liches can work too if you coop) +range units. So first 2 stages are easy at stage 3 rush/warlords destroy topmost totem then attack boss with your range units. It's really that simple.. 0 losses done it about 4-5 times in coop and its even easier and faster then before, same with all bosses (faster) except voice who has dmg jump bug. :-)

Server
    DE01
    It is not that easy in round 3, who claims differently is it simply just lying. I always attack as necro caster with 2xspiders, 1xlich, 1xghost (for extra heal) and with 1xvamp lord, and unless i pot at least 3 times in round 3, i cannot do it. First of all, ranged troops are handicapped by one of the totems, granting 75% ranged protection, so, that should be the first totem to kill, not the AoE damage totem. You can kill it in 2 rounds, at best case, and next you can move your vamp lord to the AoE totem, for other two rounds. At this moment, the vamp lord is a liability, because of the sef-heal bug. Anyway, bottom of line is that you need to move away constantly from boss, while you try to keep under control his mobs, which are highly mobile (the two centaurs troops) or reasonably mobile (all other troops). Even, so, unless you AoE (the underworld curse) at least two times during the round to gain health back, meaning you need to pot for that, you can't finish the battle.

TLDR, Ubi changed these boss fights so that you are forced to use major potions, hence to pull money from your pockets. Therefore, weekly bosses nowadays, unless you are a wallet hero, are simply not worth it. Not even for the value of the items won. Shame on you, Ubi, we are no longer winning battles for our skils, but for our money

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast