Server
    DE01
    lol and this char i hope deleted / banned

Server
    DE01
    So i guess we have a winner for the upcomming tournament lol :-D

Server
    DE01
    what... exploit not bannable? heh ... (trolol)

Server
    DE01
    The problem in PvP is not griffins.

The problem is all the AoE damage spells.

If you want a balanced PvP in that kind of arena fight, it's simple, every move should have his counterplay.
    But, there is no counterplay against instant AoE damage... you can just watch your troops dying, and there is no heal to match those damage.

If you remove those damages, who care that griffins can soar? Nobody.

The 2 main points that should be change in pvp are:
    - All AoE damage spells should have a super high cooldown and/or lower damage output (at least in pvp).
    - Remove manapots in pvp: mana management should be a crucial point of pvp, actually is useless.
    Last edited by Cometeor; 03.03.15 at 01:17.

Server
    DE01
    aoe? aoe healeble... but griffins with soar... fly away and yes cleric spam aoe and u can just watch die half troops and griffs in space ... first round soar next round spam aoe / scroll aoe if griffs come.. press 'wait' and spam more aoe ...

good idea a manapots... but remove all scrolls too and yes need 3 round cd on aracane blast and necro aoe spell ( idk the name )

Server
    DE01
    Quote Originally Posted by AoS- View Post
    So i guess we have a winner for the upcomming tournament lol :-D
    Lol'd ^^
    Hero Name: MooMooFarm
    Guild: Jagdkommando

Server
    DE01
    to win pvp season u must play many games and be skilled or play multiple more games than others and win some of them and u come on top

Server
    DE01
    Yeah, clickin on buy button for mana potions and arcane blast scrolls requires tons of skills )) Oh, i forgot you must make the effort to drink mana and cast scrolls in actual battles, so another high end skill needed. Im not against people who use this "tactic" but it should not be available and everyone knows it , but its profitable so, who cares

Server
    DE01
    I don't know about reducing the aoe damage spells, i do agree with potentially buffing some aoe heals like netherworld. There are several ways to fix the pvp set up to prevent the full griff army clerics. That is all I fight in pvp now and it is getting old and annoying, some battles I barely win if the other players stats aren't as high but if you meet a player at your level you really have no chance, even with a full army of weavers they still can't handle the aoe barrage, the cc's, and weakness. Anyways, we all know that full army of griffs in pvp is OP so here are a few things (that I am sure have been said before) that can be done to balance it a little bit.

1. Restrict the pvp battles to only use one stack of one creature, for example you can only have one stack of griffs (maybe 2 stacks but I think 1 would be better). This will not only solve the griff problem it will make all the battles more strategy based since you will have to work with some of the weaker units and make use of their unique abilities. I wish i could use some of my other necro units but the way pvp is right now I am tied down to the champ units otherwise i can't win.

2. Another thought would be to make the griffs targetable by aoe spells while in soar mode, allow us to still hit them while they are up there, this way they will feel more pressured to land quicker. Or introduce a grounding spell that brings the unit back to the ground after soaring.

I am not saying that other hero and/or units don't have their advantages and when (sorry, if) they fix the griffs something else will come up but that is how games work, they need to be continuously tweaked and balanced. The fact that 85% of the players in pvp are using full Griffin armies should be a red flag and a screaming hint that there is something wrong with that set up. I really wish they would take a closer look at the balancing of the pvp battles, cause that is a huge part of playing an MMO game, and as much as I am looking forward to the guild expansion ideas and other things I would like this to become a priority especially since this doesn't require new content to be added to the game but just tweaking the rules and mechanics of some units, it can't be a very hard fix. So if you can be putting out patches and fixes consistently then why can't you fix this big problem so we can all enjoy pvp?

p.s. Coming out with this pvp tournament while being well aware of the griffin OP players was a shady move. I do pvp cause i enjoying playing an actual player but I have absolutely no chance of winning the tournament since I am not a Cleric hero.

p.s.2. I can't imagine how silly a Cleric vs. Cleric battle is with full army of Griffins, you might as well throw out the first 2 rounds of the battle lol. Heck might as well agree that you won't use soar since its all gonna end up the same.

Server
    DE01
    griffins r not as OP as u might think, a good mage could win with a single stack of anything.
    there r some creas which could be used instad, but why shouldn*t we use theese w a lil advantage ?
    clerics r slightly better than necs, right. but both have a realistic chance to win.

the mainproblem u all have i guess, is a tactical thing. u r used to fight pve, thinking u r a good player and want to compete in pvp.
    and... what a suprise... u crashed

stop using pve tactics in pvp, its completely different

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast