Thread: About the PvP

Server
    DE01

About the PvP

What PvP should be?

A balanced tactical arena where the best player win (according with the luck, "criticals" are a part of the game, it's ok).

Is all about play/counter play.
    If I anticipate what my opponent want to do, if well place my troops, if I use the right spell at the right moment, without getting counter, I should be the winner.
    But sadly, actually it doesn't work like that.

The actual state of PvP

Currently, there is one strategy that win over everything else: you want to avoid fighting with your troops while your heroes kill everything with spells.
    That's why griffins are so powerfull, they are good at dodging.

That's a non-sense that the best ability you are looking for on creatures is "how i can use them to avoid fighting?".
    Troops have to be in the center of the battle, not being spectators.

There is no counter play against instant damage spell so they should not be so important in a tactical arena.

Some Ideas

1- Disable mana pots in PvP
    Choosing to have or not lot of spirit on your equipment and using intelligently your spells to not get out of mana should be a crucial point in PvP.
    Actually, spirit is almost useless, and you can spam every spells you want without taking care about your mana.
    I have no mana? It's ok, let's drink a pot.
    Strategy point => 0

2- Reduce damage output of instant damage spell
    Since there is no counter play against those spells, they should not deal that much damage.
    They should just be here to help troops to deal with opponents, not being the main damage output of the battle.

Those spells are concerned (maybe I missed some):
    Sunburst (spell)
    Arcane Blast (spell and scroll)
    Fireball (scroll) - Why not just modify it to make it a spell a bit like the Hrodger one? A spell that would damage an area at the end of turn (and affect ennemies and allies).
    Agony (scroll, just add some cd on it should be enough)

Troops will then become more important and that will allow more diversity in army setup.

3- Add a limit to the number of scroll we can use per fight
    Force people to make choice.
    It would add more importance again to mana management.
    Should i use a scroll or a spell with mana?
    Which Scroll? Better use an arcane blast, or keep that "slot" for later use a warlord commander?

I can't say how many, enough to not influence too much "short" fight, but not too many to be a problem for fight that last enough round. Maybe 10?

4- Remove shrine effect in PvP
    The initiative one give too much advantage.
    Every people should have the right to play PvP at any time of the day with the same chance to win and not depend of if he still has or not a shrine to use.

Server
    DE01
    I agree that direct damage spells are used too extensive in pvp, particularly in the cleric + griffins combination.
    Your ideas on the other hand will hit magic heroes very hard while leaving might heroes virtually untouched.
    (You basically say magic heroes should fight like might heroes)

Mana pots
    I dont like spirit do do nothing to your combat power if you have enough mana pots at hand.
    I would not mind removing mana pots from the game altogether if the available mana is well balanced.

Reduce damage on instant spells
    Skilled spells should become more scarce if you limit the mana.
    Fireball and arcane blast scroll should be removed.

Scroll limitation
    No, mana management is already important if you disable mana pots. Limiting scrolls just removes tactial flexibility.

Shrine effect
    Yes, should be removed

Server
    DE01
    I agree on everything said. Remove the potions from the pvp, limit the amount of scrolls used in pvp, remove shrine effects, and reduced damage of spells.

Tactic that wins the pvp match, any, is high resistances (or dodgers like griffins) and high magic power. Very long and boring to play and utterly broken.

If you do change all of this some new similar "best unit composition" will emerge again, that will just be best all around unit comp and most players will us it. Again, matches are gona be boring and long and predictable. Small changes wont help this broken pvp system,, it will always be monotone, with 5 or 6 stacks of same unit army compositions that do best all around.

Add more different kind of arenas. Like Gravel mentioned in this post forum.clb.heroes-online.com/threads/3416-PvP-Make-Over

Make arena where you have to use 2 core stacks 2 elites 1 champ for example....

Server
    DE01
    No shrines in pvp!
    Ingame Reisser - Reisser2 - Reisser3

Server
    DE01
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronola View Post
    Your ideas on the other hand will hit magic heroes very hard while leaving might heroes virtually untouched.
    (You basically say magic heroes should fight like might heroes)
    Magic heroes are still a lot stronger than might in PvP actually, so I don't really get the problem of just changing magic heroes.
    Anyway, they will still have 4 turns and be able to cast lot of CC/Buff/Debuff that might can't do.
    So it's not really the same kind of gameplay, but yeah, it would proly be a bit closer than actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronola View Post
    Scroll limitation
    No, mana management is already important if you disable mana pots. Limiting scrolls just removes tactial flexibility.
    We could try, but I don't think it would be enough without the scroll limitation.
    Scrolls will always be use over spell if you don't "lose" anything using scroll...
    It's not only about mana, it's about forcing people to make the good choice at the right moment.

Make arena where you have to use 2 core stacks 2 elites 1 champ for example....
    Yeah, I though about something like that too. (a unit can't be use more than twice in an army, or something like that)
    But I am not sure it will really have single unit army that will be better than all others (except maybe the full thunderbird).
    I would like to see what happen without that limitation first.

Server
    DE01
    Hi magic players now only watching on defence and just spam all scrolls you gave witch hero got skill fireball I cant remember u gave all best skills of might on scrolls witch mages can spam every round entrench must be removed from scrolls and defence this is a thing witch making you might u have a lot of defence now mages can make arcana 2 times 1 fireball and every round entrench this scrolls must be removed or give might to use time statis scrolls or mass slow isn't enough you gave to mage rush reforcment and warlord this decay have no reuse it can be casted every round again big kick in might heroes still hole game is cleric if u want to change this try to make heroes more equal now MISBALANCE is back when u make arena bigger pls remove entrench and defence scroll from scrolls shops this is best might skills and mage can cast them every round they can have even more defence from might when use this 2 scrolls every round decay must have bigger cd and arena fights are not fair when some1 kill you only whit hero witch u cant kill ....GREAT reward is only for mages or may be hole server must reroll to mage char

Server
    DE01
    Quote Originally Posted by Cometeor View Post
    Magic heroes are still a lot stronger than might in PvP actually, so I don't really get the problem of just changing magic heroes.
    They are stronger because they have unlimited mana and can spam AOE scrolls.
    Thats why i agreed spirit should have value and to remove the AOE scrolls, all other scrolls are more used in tactical play and further limitation here would go way over the top in terms of might vs. magic imho.

Server
    DE01
    Quote Originally Posted by Reisser View Post
    No shrines in pvp!
    +1

Make it impossible to use Shrines in PvP. The necessity to get Shrines kills spontaneity of entering pvp battles.

Server
    DE01
    Hi i thing best balance pvp will be if grifins have diferent special ability wich fly and hit in same round not to stay 2 round in air and soul mark must have at least 1 round reuse mana must be limited too and aoe scrolls arcana blast entrech fire ball i just must be remuved and for sure soul mark must have 1 round reuse to be equal fight and shrines give big advatnige for pvp must not eble to use any shrine on pvp only 1 rune is enought