Thread: PVP. PVE and Overall Strategy

Server
    DE01

Lightbulb PVP. PVE and Overall Strategy

I played a lot of heroes games and the thing I enjoyed the most was strategy. In the old heroes games you had more versatility because you could deploy more types of troops and not have only to stick with only the strongest type units like you do in mmho having 5-6 stacks of the same creature cause that's the easiest way to defeat an enemy and avoid troop losses.(@liches,glories,seraphs,griffins). At a certain point the game becomes dull because it's lacking versatility, why would a player pick weaker creatures instead stacking stronger ones? That's a no brainer!

Here are a couple of suggestions to make the game more versatile and overall more strategic and also improve PVP at the same time and encourage new tactics:

1. Restrict how much stacks of creatures you can get of each type:
    Slot 1 and 2 - Core creatures only
    Slot 3 and 4 - Elite creatures or Core
    Slot 5(and 6 for Might classes)- Champion creatures or any lower tier

2.Make Knight Skills benefit from Might and Creature Defense instead of Magic and Heroic Support.

3.Make magic creatures(who deal magic damage as primary attack) like Liches/Glories to get damage increased from Magic while Might creatures get damage increased from Might.

4.Hero Specialization - Heroes can be specialized in one of the Core creatures and upgraded versions(exception: Ghosts and Priests) increasing stats(like damage and range for ranged, damage and speed for melee) or passive abilities like preemptive retaliation/double strike/block for melee. First specialization choice should be free but changing specialization can cost Hero Seals. This change will bring more Core creatures in battle and make them more viable in both PVE and PVP.

5.Increase non-flying melee creatures hp and ranged/magic resistances, the game is dominated by ranged creatures because melee has no chance of reaching them, not very strategic, the only creatures that can counter ranged are flying creatures. Or you can make a rock-paper-scissor system where Ranged and Magic has offensive and defensive bonuses against Flying, Flying has offensive bonuses against non-flying melee, and non-flying melee(like vamps and Cavaliers) has offensive and defensive bonuses against ranged and magic.

6.First aid tent in PVE mostly for Knights but I think Clerics could benefit also from it but not as much as a knight, why for knights? Knights lose a lot more troops because they miss the elite heal Clerics have, bringing a first aid tent that could heal a percentage (10-20%) of troops lost by the knight or (5-10%) by the cleric would make the game more fun to play overall, it gets boring and brings no benefit in waiting multiple turns just to heal your troops. Players hate grinding, trust me on this!
    Last edited by Zandra; 07.03.15 at 21:15.

Server
    DE01
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayzaku View Post

3.Make magic creatures(who deal magic damage as primary attack) like Liches/Glories to get damage increased from Magic while Might creatures get damage increased from Might.!
    don't agree with this idea, if u only can have 2 stacks of glories/liches as per point 2, overall good points and interesting ideas.

Server
    DE01
    Disagree with #3

It would force players to use units that aren't necessarily that great. Plus, only 2 elite stacks are useless. #3 would seriously make the game frustratingly harder, especially when the enemies aren't getting any easier.

Server
    DE01
    1. I don't agree with this because you are limiting strategies especially in PvE. A lot of people use different armies than just the standard and there are some that adjust their army to the enemy they are fighting. I can see this type of limitation being good for PvP though and it feels as though this is directed more towards PvP but I don't really like it when changes are made for the sake of PvP and they have a negative impact on play in PvE because this is a PvE game after all.

2. This isn't too bad of an idea but would likely result in overpowered knights. Can you imagine the effects 5-7k might would have on abilities like desolation?

3. I don't like this idea BUT it would be neat if their damage was affected by both might and magic OR the damage they deal is based on the combination of the attack type. I will use glories as my example. Their attack type is melee light damage. So if you are attacking a stack of creatures like the Lesser Breeders for example, you would gain extra damage against them since they have -60% resistance to melee and -30% resistance to light magic. I could be cummulative (+90% damage) or factored (maybe by might and magic stats). The only problem with this is it makes melee might or ranged might creatures less desirable (although archers can do fire damage) so something would have to be done to counteract this so maybe luck could play a greater role with might only based attack types. Just something I was pondering the past little while.

4. This is a neat idea but should only be limited to increasing a creatures stats slightly like increased attack, defense, movement or initiative. But it might result in many players choosing to play with the same troop type in most or all of their stacks.

5. Creatures already have resistances to ranged attacks but a combination of resistances to both the might and magic side of an attack could be interesting and ties into my comments about #3.

6. The healing tent is a great idea but there are a lot of players that can win with no losses without going into double digit rounds. I have been in some double digit rounds but it was because I messed up big time andit happened a lot back when might had only one turn. Now with two turns, I can finish battles in the same time as my magic heroes for both scenarios of accepting or declining the enemy retreat. Usually it only takes 2-3 rounds longer to heal your troops but when this happens to me it is because the enemy wants to surrender in round 2 or early in round 3 before I had a chance to heal what is typically only one damaged stack. BUT having said that, maybe it could have an alternative purpose where it would heal all damaged units up to full health at the end of the round but it could not resurrect creatures. For example if I had a tack of 20 of 23 seraphs and the total health of the 20 units was 19,500 of 20,000, at the end of the round it would get healed up to 20,000 again but I would still only have 20 seraphs and I would need to use regeneration, life drain or inquisitors to resurrect the stack back to the full 23. It could also have a secondary ability like invigorating light or entrench that would affect a single stack.

Server
    DE01
    +1 for opening up this debate
    1, 3, 4 and 5 seem like very good ideas to me,
    especially 1 as i'm not a fan of PvP, i have played it a few times and i recall my irritation of coming across nearly everyone who was tanked up with the same units/elite/upgraded troops,
    reason ,..i was under the impression that i would be playing against players whose army was of a similar strength to mine (give or take 5k-10k :-)
    Well i guess this online game is a Work in Progress and i'm sure that some of these ideas will be implemented in the future :-)

Server
    DE01
    Sorry, just re-read my comment, I meant to address it to #1. My mistake

Server
    DE01
    Hi I thing best balance will be if knights have something like silence to not let mage make magic 1 round and some kind of magic resist to trigger like luck on some % to resist all magic dmg and this soar must be changed to land bomb coz mages now only hide and spam all scrolls and masses they have if u play knight vs cleric whit 5 griffins u can attack him on 6th round this make u tired from 1 pvp witch goes 1h battle coz of hiding clerics might need more anti mage skills there no single skill witch protect you from spells and also I thing soul mark must have 1 round reuse and all this scrolls witch gave to mages is awesome best skill of might magic can use and what have might from mage spells I don't see night shourd slow or time statis on scroll sry but now is a not fair at all

Server
    DE01
    The scrolls should share the same cooldown with the skills. It is for tactical purposes better not to bypass the skill cooldown with them.