Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Council Membership needs a rework badly!

Server
    DE01

Council Membership needs a rework badly!

Hi,

Situation right now:
    A few days ago you needed over 200expert fights to enter top10
    On the mentioned day even top30 needed over 80expert fights.
    ->Its impossible for casual gamers to get into council, thus they are denied a key-feature of the HoMM-Series: Improving your Castle (enabled through Permits)
    ->Even for non-casual gamers it takes (3+)HOURS to get into council.

In the past you were Rank1 with 80expert fights.
    You could get council membership easily, buy Permits and be happy that you could use ALL the content of MMHO

Mods/Devs dont care?:
    I have forseen our current situation in mid-december and started a thread for ideas to rework Council Membership system (in the German forums):
    http://forum.clb.heroes-online.com/t...mitgliedschaft.

We have voted this issue into Top5 hot topics (Ratsmitgliedschaft in German):
    http://forum.clb.heroes-online.com/t...ommunity-Top-5

Those Top5 were meant to be shown to devs and give us feedback+do something about it. We can assume the Mods and Devs knew about this issue long time.
    Yet we get a System which makes council Membership even harder -> Heroic-System; item and DS Farmers get council-memberships even though they dont want or need them.

This leads to questions:
    Do Mods and Devs even care about what we say when they dont react in the slightest?
    Should we stop posting things on the forums? Because it seems the community to BB is rather seen as a costfactor instead of people who give feedback/ideas/bugreports (looking at closed german/french forums)

Nevertheless, here are the ideas from the 3 months old thread again (translated), hope this time something will get done about this:

1) Expand Council Memberships to Top20 or 30 of the Ranking (quick and easy solution, but wont last long)
    2) Get Council Membership accountwide (every char gets Membership for this day)
    3) Dragon Knights get a Permanent Council Membership at a certain level.
    4) No "double memberships". For example if someone already is in the council through Dragonknight Ranking List, he wont show up in the expertfight list.
    5) Or rework Dragonknight Ranking list, so that it counts for XP Made per day/week, and award top10 with council membership

6) At the end of the day if you did NOT make it into council, your expertfight counter WONT be reseted, while those who got into top10 get a reset.
    6.1) this way you can accumulate expert fights over days/weeks and have a garanteed Spot sooner or later.

7) Make other ways to gain Council Membership that are NOT in competition to other players:
    7.1) Make XX Daily Quests/City Quests/Guild Quests/Heroic Quests etc. If you manage to complete for example 20Quests you get council Membership for the next day (no matter what other players do)
    7.2) Buy Council Membership for a certain amount of Wood/Metal/Crystal/DS or something.

There are more Ideas but im too lazy to translate them all.

Almost any Combination of this good ideas will arleady help ALOT:
    1) and 6) is Quick and easy help
    7) is probably needed as a permanent solution because of the rising amount of players.
    All other Ideas are viable and are good in a certain combination to solve this problem.

Do you guys have more ideas @community?

At Devs/Mods:
    Please DONT ignore this issue again. People get denied a key-feature of the HoMM-Series -> Building their Castle (through permits)

Server
    DE01
    Hi AoS-,

Thank you for your detailed feedback!

I hope other players will post their thoughts & feedback as well. I will forward it to the appropriate teams.

Server
    DE01
    Well being a casual player ( 2hrs/day ) I don't think I can ever get to be a council member but I do love to just for once get into the council shop and buy some dyes

Server
    DE01
    the easiest change would be fair as well:
    stop counting heroics within the expertranking.

Server
    DE01
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Oliver View Post
    really bad idea,

Anyway, overall its good to as mentioned reset dragon knights points daily/weekly on rankings, there could be some hall of fame for these with highest as it is atm.

Server
    DE01
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Oliver View Post
    Good idea as that is the current exploit. The reason people have 600 expert battles.

Server
    DE01
    and its called expert ranking not heroic

Server
    DE01
    I remember when you could get on council with only 40 expert battles. I am not sure that not counting heroics will address the problem because I suspect that some players are getting to the top 10 in the expert rankings via exploits. Many exploitable quests (totems, sabotage, soul hunters daily heroic to name a few) can be done on the expert setting thus still counting towards the expert battle ranking. I can see how normal farming for dragon steel might inflate those rankings by players with more time on their hands but I have to say I was at 140 and it still wasn't enough to make top 20. If I wouldn't have done 20 or so expert battles with other characters, I could have gotten up to 180 which would have been close to top 10 on that particular occasion but still wasn't enough.

No one can tell me that having 300 expert battle wins 6 hours after the daily reset can be done with normal battles unless you have godly gear. I have seen this a couple of times now and I noticed the players that were at the top of the list were running back and forth a lot in the Greystone area of Blackbough as well as the daily heroic coop area. I am not going to make any presumptions on how these players were doing their battles because they could well have had godly gear but the area's they were in coincide with certain exploitable quests.

At the same time I would like to be able to do any quest battle at the heroic setting. Many quest battles can't be exploited so one option would be to change quest tracking to retain information of partially completed quests or fix the exploitable battles by maybe rating them as a "Boss" battle since they don't count towards the expert battle ranking.

I would be in favour of idea 6) which is just resetting only the top 10 each day thus allowing others a chance to eventually become a council member. If a player saw that they were close to making top 10 they could save up some gold for construction permits instead of fueling the forge. I also like idea 7) but also feel it would be difficult to implement.

If you really boil it down, the only item that level 30 plus players really want from the council membership are the construction permits. Some may want to add new dyes or pets to their collection but this would be a low priority. Now if the player is not at heroic tier 13 or doesn't have vast amounts of gold carried over from the closed beta, constructions permits may not be as much a priority as fueling the forge so it would be a wasted opportunity for other players that want something specific from the council shop.

Now I have to think who would like to be a council member most? Who would benefit most from it? Typically players that are level 28 - 30 would benefit most from being on council since there are some helpful artefacts available in the council shop which may be unattainable for the lower level players due to the extensive farming required for increasing heroic tiers inflating the values on the list. So if level 30 plus players can win 300 plus expert battles per day in a fair manner, the chances of a level 28 - 30 player getting on the council when they would like to be there are fairly slim if they only do 20-40 expert battles per day, which is about what I was able to do in combination with daily quests, resource farming and progressing in the storyline at that level. By the time they get on council, they might already be past end game getting better gear from artefact chests and weekly bosses.

Now if I look at the upper heroic tiers, I have to wonder if battles can be completed as quickly as in the lower tiers. I do tend to notice that heroic battles gain a 1 round duration per heroic tier so down the road it may be a disadvantage for a player at the maximum tier trying to get on council doing battles at that highest tier. Some of the gear at the higher tiers may be good enough to counter that imbalance but that is an unknown for me.

I feel that there should be two ranking systems, one for players between levels 1 to either 29 or 30 dk 0 and one for players from either level 30 dk 0 or 30 dk1 and up. The rankings could also be separated by each heroic tier as well as an experts above level 30 list for players that have just reached level 30 and are struggling with heroic battles. I don't see why this couldn't be implemented since there were once half a dozen or so PvP leagues.

Server
    DE01
    Yesterday shortly before 1:00 the top ranking in expert battles was close to 800 battles. One day has 1440 minutes. This means ~1.8 minutes per battle for 24h. Somethings wrong here. Bots active?

Server
    DE01
    There is a trick with which you can up to more than 2k expert battle in ranking. (purely theorical, supposing you do it 24 hours without stopping, without getting dc and so... )
    Using the same trick to farm dragonsteel would take a bit more time, so maybe 800 yes.

Anyway, I can't imagine someone doing it during 24 hours so....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast