Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Discussion Round: Guild Province Expedition – Progress Update 1.

Server
    DE01
    Quality over quantity.

Server
    DE01
    Hello, I also suggest you to establish a ranking for guilds. Friendships Damedulac

Server
    DE01
    I agree with White_Walker, but only to a point. Granted, every guild leader wants quality, and by quality, I mean we want members that are online on a regular basis, polite and contribute to the guild. But my point still remains, even with 100 % quality membership in your guild, you will still be doing well to have an average of 10% of your members on at any given time. Regardless of how you do your math, 10% of 50 is still only 5. Having only 5 people online in your guild in my opinion is not sufficient to do anything guild related.

Server
    DE01
    Quote Originally Posted by zetruc View Post
    bonjour,
    je suis d'accord avec agecanonique, pour dire que la réduction du nombre de membres n'est pas une bonne idée.
    l'esprit d'une guilde s'en trouvera profondément modifié : on va passer d'un système d'entraide et de camaraderie, à une compétition élitiste insensée, puisque, comme DAMEDULAC l'a signalé, il n'existe pas de classement de guilde.
    ce que je comprends, c'est que cette idée n'est justifiée que par un défaut de performances techniques du jeu, et non par une volonté d'améliorer l'expérience du joueur.
    ce problème est technique, et doit donc être résolu par une amélioration technique, pas une régression fonctionnelle.
    merci de bien vouloir reconsidérer votre proposition.
    in english :

I'm fully agreeing agecanonique : limitation of guilds' members is not a good idea.
    the guild's spirit would be totally corrupted, becoming a challenging game for elite players only, whereas it currently is a freindly partnership and reciprocal helping system.
    this competition would also make no sense, because there is no guild's rankings so far.

my opinion is that this modification is pushed to fix a performance issue, and not lead by an improvement of players' experience.
    if it's a pure technical problem, it should be resolved & fixed by technical features, and not through players' limitations.

please could you double brainstorm about how to fix the problem differently.
    thanks

Server
    DE01
    well we need more members for guild at least 75 or 100, 50 is to low, 50 players is basically making guild of 200+ members to get 50 hardcore players and simple tell their friends to f off cause they can't be in same guild

Server
    DE01
    I hope the stress test of 100 cap will be enough to prove a significant improvement in performance, negating the necessity of reducing guild size even more, to a point some guilds with many members dont need to discard active players and those with few will always have enough to do some competitive co-op gameplay. I also prefer quality over quantity, but to have quality gameplay we need a cap that is not too high, but also not too low.

Server
    DE01
    I agree as well with 50 beeing to low for a membership cap. one of the strenghts of the guilds at the moment is that there will always be someone on that can help and if nothing else chat with. I believe that small guilds means that those who can only play very little during the week and a bit on the weekends will loose interrest in the game when they feel that it is a game for hardcore players. there are many that

Small guilds in a large game with players from around the world means that you in effect limit guild membership to timezones or regions in order to properly reap the benefits of beeing in a guild if not you will have periods where there are only one or two players on and then you in a way loose a lot of the benefits of beeing in a guild.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2