Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Compensation?

Server
    DE01

Compensation?

Hiya, just wondering if I can't log in and play for a day due to a technical fault do I get a small compensation like 1 crystal or 1 gold? I know some games do but not sure about this game.

Thanks

Server
    DE01
    I was unable to play my main character for 2 days it wasn't a what if... it happened and not once did I think i should be compensated... why? because this is a game in beta which means things will happen bug will happen technical difficulties will happen and you shouldn't be surprised the other thing is that it's a free to play game you can put money into if you like but you don't have to
    so you get to play this great game for free... There is your compensation if you want 1 crystal and 1 gold just got find them in any map in fact you might find 2 or 3 or maybe even 4!!!!

Just play the game and enjoy it...

Nitra

Server
    DE01
    another perspective from paying customers, I have invested some money to enhance my gaming experience and speed, at which I can upgrade my heroic tiers.

not to mention I'm running 200%combo shard which is draining on empty.

I have economy of 144 000 gold over 24hours from all my towns, some wood and metal also, but I only collect about 3/4 of times, so yeah time is money

also no free to play game is really free, yes you can play completely free if u like. but mostly is made the way for people to spend money as they have to live from something also,
    but its not excuse in either way if there are problems in game.

For example, when I was playing world of warcraft, we got free day to play if there were problems, it was directly hurting their income as game is based on subscription time.

If we get something free for inconvenience in this game, in most cases, it will not stopping players to spending money on hero seals.

Server
    DE01
    Imo a good company will always compensate when its at fault (bugs etc), and if it was a company outside the gaming area where laws are more sophisticated, it would even have to compensate by law.
    Even crappy mobile games compensate their players when they have bugs/downtimes etc.

Here we have Downtime/Bugs where our Shards which cost HS run out and many more situation where the players lose HS against their will, which doesnt lead to compensation.

Also im pretty sure that missclick "buys" are against German law where a buy contract only holds when both partys WANT to fulfill the contract (one party wants to sell, the other wants to buy/pay, but with forced missclicks thats not the case anymore). But no court has decided yet how laws apply to ingame currencys and if they are an equivalent to real currency or not because 1) you can trade them for real currence and 2) you also can "win" it buy playing.

If it was real money (or would be seen as an equivalent of it), such pop-up buttons where we are tricked into buying would be considered fraud.

Its no excuse that this game is still "beta" or that it is partly for free. If a company decides to take real money for their services they better be sure money related works. And if it doesnt there should be a compensation. In other industries its regulated by law that if you payed and it doesnt work then you have rights to get compensation.
    Gaming industry is just lucky that most laws/courts have no experience with gaming and that people dont want to sue the company over 2999 HS which would be only like 2€ or something.

So right now we can only rely if its a good company and will refund when their game is buggy or its a bad company and will invent excuses that they can and wont refund because they cant detect/reconstruct etc bugs even though they are obvious.

All in all -> there should be compensations for actions where the players are not at fault!

Server
    DE01
    This is something that the support team will be looking into once they have fixed the problem.

Please do not keep posting in a manner that is designed to flame the conversation. Please exercise some patience and wait for the support team to complete their investigation into this issue

Regards

Zandra

Server
    DE01
    Why delete my correction on my own post?
    Please give us the edit-button back, if you dont want double posts.
    I dont want to double post, but this is the only chance to correct my post if i missed a word or a letter so that my post actually makes sense..

Server
    DE01
    Censorship of the feedback? Way to go...

Server
    DE01
    If been active again a few days before easter and being unable to log into the game the third time in a week.

I do not know much about economics and stuff, but I certainly DO know, that this is not a good way for getting money - at least from me.
    "Beleidigungen sind die Argumente derer, die Unrecht haben." Jean-Jacques Rosseau

Server
    DE01
    For a long time I have wished that combo shards be based on playing time (like the ones available in game) and not based on a set number of days. I don't bother with the combo shards for this very reason. I have four heroes and I try to play with each hero a bit every day so it just isn't viable for me since switching from one hero to another means losing out on the value of a shard on another hero. If the shards were based on playing time, I would be much more open to buying them for my heroes. I am sure there are a lot of lost opportunities for the sale of combo shards for this very reason.

The reason I bring this up now, is that if they were time based and a similar situation came up once again, there would be no need to compensate players for the lost time on their shards since it wouldn't be used up unless they were playing. I would suggest getting rid of all variations of the shards (7 day, 14 day, 30 day, etc) and just have one available in the shop that gives bonuses for X hours of playing time and be done with it. I believe that 30 - 40 hours of play time per shard would be a fair equivalent to the 7 day one.

This would resolve any issues where shards are purchased with hero seals that were paid for by the player, should that player not be able to login for an extended period of time. It doesn't resolve any lost opportunities for in game resource revenue but that is pretty minor compared to spending money on something you can't even make use of.

Server
    DE01
    @ Gravel Bingo u hit it right at the spot. I was asking if there was any compensation because lets just say I just bought a 7 day xp shard and the server went down the whole long weekend I would have lost half of the money I spent on a product I can't use. Yes I know its in beta and its just a small sum of $ but the sense that somehow you got shortchanged is there. As some of us are working and others like me who have school and homework the only time we get to really play is on weekends the rest of the week its just farming. So when lets say you bought a 7 day shard and the sever goes down on a weekend its just as good as wasted. I kind of like your idea of time based where when you are not logged the timer would stop counting down.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast