Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Heaven Knight no skills

Server
    DE01

Heaven Knight no skills

Hi Human knight there no good skills compare to Death knight .Necro knight have vampiric have desolation what have heaven knight nothing even heroisum not mass at least make heroisum mass and give him regeneration skill coz not he have nothing to heal its not fair last update u give to death knight a lot power whit desolation give at least heaven knight mass heroisum and regeneration or vamp coz this is most weak class whit not even heal skill or heal elite or regeneration

Server
    DE01
    Hi EviLbg,

Thank you for your feedback, I will forward your idea to our game design.

Server
    DE01
    Almost impossible to make raids whit no loses u need take 2 priest to no lose stack but 2 priest make your battle power so low .Knight suppose to be whit a lot power and might but whit this 2 priest he become lower then any class . Now misbalance is not only pvp and pve I hope developers fix this coz a lot players like his knight but now he is unplayable

Server
    DE01
    Just elite heal...i think that's all heaven knight need...

Server
    DE01
    I'm a Haven Knight and sometimes went through various difficulties in battle, but with the last update that allowed two turns per round to Knights is now a little easier, it is not impossible to play as a Havens knight/DK, but requires a lot of attention, it is impossible to play without necessarily carry a battle priest/inquisitor among the six creatures, little magic and regeneration scrolls that heal between 400 and 600 is not enough to heal.

The skills I think some are very useful, as inspiration, preemptive strike, but the ultimate skill heroism is very weak near the same as the death knights possess.

Server
    DE01
    mass heroism could be usefull to for knights...

Server
    DE01
    Yes, mass Heroisum is good, but do not replace Rush and Assault, Heaven Knight do not have good skills, they need Elite heal or Regeneration !!! Mass Heroisum is nessesary!!!

Server
    DE01
    Hi everyone,

Keep that feedback coming, all information and ideas are useful!

Server
    DE01
    I now have one hero of each faction and class type but my death knight is still at level 29. My main hero is my haven knight and I am at heroic tier 5. There was a huge jump going from tier 4 to 5. I didn't need to use rune or shrine buffs to do the battles in the previous tiers. Basically if I don't use at least a rune, my battles with demons can run 6-8 rounds before the enemy surrenders. If I use a rune, I can do battles in about 5 rounds. I am also finding that I have to pick my enemy now whereas in tier 4, I was pretty confident about having a no loss battle against any enemy creature type in about 6-8 rounds. So far I have battled desert inhabitants, coastal creatures, demons, cavern creatures, highland clansmen the swarm and forest creatures at tier 5 and in some cases (especially forest creatures) I can see that I have to be very careful in battle or else I can lose entire stacks. Since I have to be careful of the enemy I choose, I am pretty sure that tier 5 is about the same as the old heroic battles were. So if there is another huge jump in enemy strength in upcoming tiers, I am not sure I will even be able to make it to tier 13 as a knight

Now having said that, I do find the death knight is easier to play so far because of the ranged units, vampiric touch (both the ability and the vampire lords) and torpor. I also find that the death knight with around 14% luck has way more criticals than I ever had with my haven knight, even though I had 16% at one point. My experience with the game has shown me that luck really seems to favour ranged units since marksmen seemed to have a lot of criticals back when I used them with high luck on my knight.

I have to say that the introduction of a second turn to the knight classes, the addition of dispel magic and an increase of leadership has greatly improved the knight class. That second turn means I can now use a lot of lower level abilities that cost less mana in combination with some of the stronger higher tier abilities / shouts. For my haven knight, I have purposely not used one of my ability points because I don't know what to use it on. The ability I am leaning towards is defiance however at this point in time I don't feel that I need that particular ability and I am also expecting that down the road some abilities may be tweaked so I would rather save that ability.

The biggest problem I have with the knight class is that neither one of the two have much in the way of slowing down the enemy. As an example, I will use void corrupted haven for my against a death knight. Most of the troops in this creature class have good movement and if I am up against 3 or more large stacks of void corrupted celestials, I can easily find myself in trouble since they can fly right to my stacks of arch liches (usually only 2-3 stacks of them) and can do a lot of damage or even one shot them due to their weakness to melee might. Torpor does help but unlike the haven knight, the death knight doesn't have glories capable of blinding one enemy stack indefinitely and even though Torpor is like a counterpart ability to blind, it is not due to it having double the cool down time.

The cool down period for the Torpor ability needs to be shorted to at least 3 rounds if not 2 so that it can be used more effectively in battle. I even find my necromancer can be very vulnerable for 2 rounds while I am waiting for Torpor or Night Shroud to cool down when facing many stacks with high movement. It would be convenient to have the Night Shroud cool down reduced as well. If the Torpor cool down was shortened to 2 rounds, I believe Night Shroud should be left as is with a cool down of 4 rounds but if Torpor was reduced to 3 rounds, the devs may want to consider lowering Night Shroud to 3 rounds as well. I know this is a thread about knights but I figured I would mention the necromancer since the Torpor ability is shared between it and the death knight. I strongly believe that the Torpor ability should have the cool down time that is reduced to 2 rounds and that this change should be done to both the necromancer and death knight even if the mana cost of this ability was increased slightly to compensate.

As a haven knight I try to keep two stacks of glories at all times in my army so that I can keep at least one major threat blinded indefinitely or alternatively use blind as a way to control a double choke point. The haven knight ability that I like the most is preemptive strike since it is very handy when dealing with strike and return creatures. I also find it extremely useful in situations where only one or two stacks can benefit from it. A combination of preemptive strike and entrench gives me a great edge when using a tank at a choke point. I am also finding that I don't really need to use a scroll until about round 3 due to cool down times on my other abilities so I am not sure having another non-passive ability will really benefit my hero.

There is one ability that can be found on all heroes that I am not sure is used much as well and that is the Pursuit one. I for one don't want my troops moving automatically forward, potentially putting them in a very dangerous position. I would like to see the statistics on the usage of this ability as I feel it is likely very under utilized and should really be removed from all heroes. I don't really see much of a use for it myself but maybe someone else can comment on that.

The raise shields ability is also another ability that I believe should be removed permanently from the knight heroes. It is rare that it will be useful since it only protects against ranged might damage and since it is a shout, I would not want to use it to have it canceled out by what I view to be a better shout like rush or inspired assault. It might be an ok ability if the enemy ranged units have higher initiative that your troops and second hero turn thus canceling it with a better shout would be a sound tactic but it is an ability that can be used in very rare situations. If this ability were to provide defense against any ranged attack type, then it would be very useful since it would help against any unit that deals ranged damage be it prime, dark, earth, ranged might, etc. In the case of the haven knight, entrench is way better since it provides resistance to all attack types and can be used every round. There is the initiative draw back but this is actually a blessing when you are using preemptive strike on the turn that it expires. It also causes inquisitors to act sooner than other troops which can be very helpful if you are close to a surrender but have a heal left. At one time I didn't believe entrench to be very useful but I have since changed my mind. One advantage to raise shields that I see is when doing the Offence type battles in raids where you are against troops that deal mostly ranged might damage. But again this is a very situational use for the ability.

The one ability in the have knights arsenal that I really don't see being worthwhile is heroism. It only provides melee might and ranged might damage in addition to luck so it is essentially useless on blazing glories or inquisitors. The other issues with heroism is that it doesn't stack with inspired assault or rush which would indicate it is a shout (although the ability description mentions nothing of the sort) and the high mana cost.

I really believe that the haven knight should have a matching passive high tier ability to the death knight. I feel that a revamped heroism would best fit the bill but I wouldn't be against making preemptive strike a passive ability either. If heroism was made into a passive ability, I believe it should be something similar to desolation providing a buff to your army each time an enemy stack dies. If this were the case it should be limited to two buffs. I definitely believe one buff should be an initiative boost since morale is increased for each killed stack. The other boost could be selected between increasing luck, movement, resistance or attack. I have shied away from luck on my haven knight since it seems to have a low trigger with him so my preference wouldn't be luck but when looking at the history of the Heroes franchise, it would be the obvious choice. My choice would tend to lean towards either movement or attack.

If preemptive strike was made to be the passive ability, I would rather see heroism remain as a single target ability. The current stat bonuses it provides would be sufficient if it could be stacked with inspired assault. If it is still to be considered a shout, I would prefer that it take precedence over all other shouts so if it is active on a target and I use inspired assault, inspired assault will affect all other targets but heroism will remain on that stack. If heroism were to remain a single target ability, it would also be nice if it gave the stack an extra ability like purity or indomitable, etc. But to be honest, I would rather see it be completely changed, another idea I had for heroism was to make it give the target a 100% chance (or at least a very high chance) to make a critical hit for the two turns it is active and make it stackable with shouts. I feel that alone would make heroism a worthwhile ability to take. It could also have an aura effect where it provides a reduced luck or an attack bonus (I would favour an attack bonus over luck) to nearby friendly units because its heroism instills bravery in them. I would favour making preemptive strike passive over remaking heroism into a mass ability since it wouldn't be like a copy of the death knight. I don't believe the haven knight should have two tier V abilities that effect all stacks since this is not fair to the death knight BUT the death knight does have long shot which is a very useful ability so it is hard to say, maybe the haven knight should have two mass tier V abilities with one being passive or maybe the death knight should also have two mass tier V abilities.

This item I want to bring up affects both the haven and death knight. Mighty strike needs to have a stun effect and cool down time added to it. I think this is crucial for both as it will provide both with a pacification like ability. Maybe it can have a stun effect of 1 round with a 2 round cool down or a 2 round stun effect with a 3 round cool down. I believe this ability would be crucial in higher tiered battles and would likely be a preferred ability once players reach dragon knight levels if not before then.

The last item I want to talk about is the death knight maiming strike. This is an ok ability but I believe it could be a lot better. If heroism were to remain a single target ability, I would rather maiming strike become a single target ability like a maiming aura that creates an aura around that creature that decreases creature damage and initiative in the same way that the maiming strike spell does in addition to stunning any target that stack attacks or even just reducing movement to 0 like interdiction (but only to targets attacked by the target stack). If heroism were to be a mass ability, then maybe maiming strike could provide every creature with a maiming aura that decreases creature damage and initiative. Or another possibility is if mighty strike is changed, get rid of maiming strike and add a new tier 5 ability which could be mass life drain.

In summary, the two turns, dispel and added leadership have really helped the knight classes but some of the higher tiered abilities still need work. Both classes need another way to stall the enemy and the best way to do that is add a stun like attack.

Also, one other thing I really hate about knights. Their default attack is a pure joke since it is magic based. Their default attack should be might based. As it is, a single magic hero default attack is usually at least 2x stronger. The damaging portion of any attack like sundering strike, maiming strike or might strike should also be based on might with the effects or mana costs being affected by magic. I don't know if that is possible but maybe the effects could be scaled for might instead if abilities cannot be affected by two different stats.

Also I never touched on healing but it shouldn't be an issue with death knights since they have a unit that can mass heal as well as life drain. I don't really believe knights should have sole access to a regeneration ability and besides it is an earth based ability. It would be really nice if either knight could heal elite but I believe we will still find that we need a stack of healers. I sometimes use two stacks of inquisitors and to be honest they work well to guard a second choke point. The death knight does have an advantage with a ranged healer but the inquisitors have greater healing power especially when combined with seraphs. And with the guild provinces, we may have access to other creatures that are capable of healing which would do away with the need for another healing ability. I am really hoping I can get some elders. Besides I typically use my heal core on inquisitors and the inquisitors for elites and champs. It seems to work well thus far but I am uncertain for how long it will work.

I should also note that any changes done to abilities will have very negligible effects on players that go with a high might / defence strategy since this often lends to very low magic and heroic support. You can have high offence and defence but it may be meaningless at higher heroic tiers if your abilities don't do much for you. I on the other hand like to have a good balance between all stats on my haven knight so my ideal is having high might, above average defence, high heroic support and at least 500 mana. Magic and luck are really low on my priority list. I believe my ideal death knight should have high might, average defence, low heroic support, high magic and decent luck, at least 10% and 300 mana would be maybe my low end.

Server
    DE01
    Hi good comment gravel , I thing best will be if they make heroisum like DK desolation if stack down to up all troops luck and dmg like necro knight lower resistance and dmg heaven knight must buff his troop whit luck and dmg I thing but death knight is way batter whit vamp I thing heaven knight must have some elite heal or some kind of regeneration and a lot ability are not good.Only primitive strike is good I am also on tier 5 and I give a lot loses coz I don't have enough battle power to slay enemy and if I get hit I cannot heal I must take 2 priest but no power whit priest then I cant imagine on biggest tier no chance at all but heroisum will be great if its passive like necro desolation to rise luck and dmg and at least some mass regeneration or elite heal would be nice mass regeneration will be awesome coz u will don't need to make 10 rounds more to heal your troops

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast