Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Heaven Knight no skills

Server
    DE01
    The problem with both might classes is they need a lot more useful passive skills... We rely on our army a lot more compared to magic classes. Most of our skills are trash except for a few were as necro and cleric have a lot of good spells.
    Hero Name: MooMooFarm
    Guild: Jagdkommando

Server
    DE01
    Totally agree with Mentalmoo. We do rely on our army and we need an ability that will help us with restoring our elite and champion units. We pay all too much dearly for replacement of these units than compared to Magic Heros.

Server
    DE01
    Hi again,

Developers need to understand something very basic and simple, the description when we are choosing a class says that magicians have more turns and powerful spells and knights have fewer turns and more creatures in combat, also says that knights basically they serve to support the army, as we will support our troops if our skills are bad?

We need some ability to regenerate our troops and not lose as much as we are losing in raids and difficult expeditions, regen skill is a good idea, and Death Knights has Life Drain would be fair to both, please note also that the ability "Heroism" is not used by the vast majority of Heaven Knights, make any changes in it, many knights prefer to use Glories in combat (because they strike and back... we cant heal without priests/inquisitors), which are not affected by this ability to favor only might troops, not magic, pls!!! Thank you.

Server
    DE01
    Probably wasting words but after I left my main heroes in the storage room and play with others I will send a few words of criticism. Basically not one to complain regarding the game when it becomes frustration I change and leave. I'm here because game still gives entertainment. My main hero is haven might –knight.. When most of the players in the end game has more heroes and access both factions what makes a hero is his ability.
    All mentioned heroism how many times you get critical about this spell ? Do not be ridiculous, and whether you have achieved something other than what you spend all the mana: D Even something wrong with luck often play with reedemer all 6 Stack means 12 moves per round , usually battle on heroic challenge and takes 4 rounds, which means about 48 moves of the creatures that usually gives 2 critical that it would be about enviorn percentage ?? keeping in mind that my luck with buf 2k then act funny
    While I can choose to battle for tier 13 I can find one that for handling but the introduction of the expedition comes to light impossibility to defeat an enemy that has the ability to kill a stack with a single blow and has a range of 9 fields and such is 4 creature + one stone a priest who sets that can reach any part of the battlefield, and who with falling stones kill half my stacks - living fight- solo. Completely useless I could for the sake of the general progress of the expedition stand to have big losses but regardless of the number of repetitions battles realize that it is impossible to won. One example but most of battles is such.
    what could be done for the might of heroes and not to compromise the Balas game is to adapt creatures hero who uses it so that the seraphim should have when led by might haven have the possibility of healing as Healing burst out so as I could run might units and mass heall them when I get enemy to the chest, when they already can not stop or slow down, not to won lossless but in order to survive that battle, whether it is a much of expectation? (other races and clase should also benefit from some creatures)
    I know and most of you faced battles intended for might , that magic can get with only one stack using magic and by avoiding, as might i need to to lose 2k crystal in the army in order to get a battle and there is still 50 in exp ? Life drain and bond gives me chance to recover half stack / or to spred damage to all enemy now i have only to use special ability that all other rase and fraction wanna but dont have, just tell me what is those ? Heroism ? ah yes rush :P rush from battle fild
    Sry becouse my english

Server
    DE01
    The problem with giving just the knight class regen is two fold. It means they need an extra ability tree for "Earth" abilities since that is where regen falls to. The second is that it is no longer fair to any of the other classes so it would have to be added to all classes. The other problem is that so many players feel the need to go with 6 artefacts that give might / defence stats only which means you are lucky if regen gives 600 points of healing. The might / defence strategy is good in certain circumstances but players need to find a balance with the other stats too. I found I had a couple of different setups for each hero depending on how I wanted to play or what battles I was doing. Death knights can get away with high might and defence stats if they are using mostly ranged troops and rarely get hit (even if they do, resistance is high so losses are lower) but since a Haven Knight has few ranged units, it is not as effective so the player needs to rely on abilities such as entrench, preemptive strike, inspired assault, defiance, etc. Defiance alone should make the Knight a class to be reckoned with in raids but unfortunately I never got to test it because as I started gaining appreciation for raiding once again, I completely lost all love for the game with the loss of scrolls.

It would probably be better if the inquisitors had a healing burst type of ability but my issue with that is that I had 5.5k healing with them which is enough to heal almost half a stack of glories or 40% of a stack of sun crusaders. I would suspect that a healing burst ability would do less healing and at times would be worse than having single healing. Maybe both spectres and inquisitors should have 4 heals - 2 which are area heals and 2 that are single stack heals. I suspect the developers don't want this though because it appears to me that they are promoting troop loss in an effort to increase hero seals sales. I also suspect that imbalance in the game provides increased hero seals sales as well thus the game will never see a point where all classes are balanced.
    Chromatic

Server
    DE01
    While I was searching my old album, I found this picture by chance.

Ah, sweet old memory ...
    Hibernating and waiting for Black Dragons

Server
    DE01
    A tear runs down the corners of my eyes to see this image of ancient Heroism ability ... look at the information, "Increase creature damage +37%," not specifically melee/ranged might damage I think, but all kinds of damage.. mass effect.. reasonable mana cost.. but a man can dream, a man can dream

Server
    DE01
    for this skill we talking about 1 year or just make lower stat and make it simlpy passive when stack down great pic Gravel

Server
    DE01
    Ok so I quit playing for about a month and then this event came out that had three units in particular that I have been waiting since last October to get and there was even a fourth unit that I know piqued the interest of many players. The Elders being the most important of the three. I have now had a chance to try them out on the knight and they are a game changer for the knight. I was able to do 120k BP expedition battles with only a single stack of healing units (instead of my usual two stacks of inquisitors). The only real problem with them is the 3 round cool down on healing burst which usually means you can't accept the surrender if you want to fully heal but usually at that point, rouse can be used multiple times in a row to reduce the duration of the battle. They are not as effective on a cleric since they don't really need high defence due to their crowd control abilities. I really like them BUT whether or not I will be able to retain enough is another story due to all the losses I seem to incur due to "Invalid Session", flash crashes and being booted out of battle because of having to refresh / reload in a new tab because no icons are showing up at the bottom of the battle screen making it impossible to even do the battle.

Also Defiance is broken for some reason. It is supposed to stack for every negative effect on a friendly stack but this is sporadic at best for the moment. I have seen it activate once when a stack was affected by "Enkindle" but no other times. It also does not work in raids where all of your troops are affected by a negative effect.

Now, the problem with Elders is that they will rarely be available to new players that came in after the event so the knight class for them will still be a painful experience post level 30. It isn't all that bad to get through the story line with inquisitors but once you get to Tier 6, haven knights are very limited as to which enemies they can take on (without the use of Drifting Faceless). The haven side needs to have a "good" version of life drain to be on par with the necropolis faction. It isn't really fair that Necropolis heroes can revive any type of creature, be it core, elite, champion, undead, spirit or living with life drain. A good version of the ability could be called something like "Divine Retribution" where the unit receives healing based on the damage it does to the enemy or just give them the classic "Resurrection" ability but this ability would have to do more healing than heal core / elite currently do, to be of any use. It would have to be given to both haven classes as well. I also believe that Sunburst should provide friendly healing just like Curse of the Netherworld. In Heroes 6, both Sunburst and Curse provided healing. I don't feel that any magic damage ability is really worth it unless you are using the Magic heavy damage tactic in PvP.

All in all, haven knights do have some really good abilities and can be very useful for specific battle types but both knight classes need more passive abilities. Haven knights definitely need an ability similar to desolation and I also feel that Heroic Strikes like Maiming Strike and Sundering Strike need to be passive as well. They really should add X% damage to the heroes base attack damage as well as -Y% melee might and melee ranged resistance (if Sundering is taken), -Z% melee might and ranged might damage; -3 initiative; -1 movement (for Maiming) and potentially a stunning attack instead of mighty strike. Each new ability would be cummulative to the hero base attack and would still have a cooldown so the first time the heroic attack is used, all three abilities apply but it would be 3 rounds before any of the abilities would apply to the heroic attack again. I also feel that the death knights should get -Y% resistance to prime from sundering and knights should get -Y% resistance to light. Knights rarely use their base attacks as it is, but this would make it worthwhile to use their base attack at least once in each battle.

The reason I say that might strike should become a stun like ability is because both knight classes need some degree of crowd control. For starters, the cool down duration for Torpor should be shortened because 4 rounds is too long. I know many people will say "But haven knights, they can get blazing glories and go blind crazy and it crowd control is no problem for them!" BUT here is the thing, it isn't when you are faced with mobs that consist of only spirit, undead or constructs. Having a stunning ability in this case would give them a chance to do a bit of crowd control.

Also Sorae's suggestions were pretty good as well but if you look at the old form of Heroism posted by Syltom, it was pretty similar to the whole strategic thing.

I don't think there is much else I can say on the topic that hasn't already been said.
    Chromatic

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10