Thread: The Hang Out Lounge

Server
    DE01

The Hang Out Lounge

The Hang Out Lounge
    The spot to find out a little bit about our fellow Heroes

Every week we will interview one brave Hero about his/her adventures in Ashan. If you would like the world to get to know you: feel free to send a PM to me and/or BB_Eraya.
    Last edited by Zandra; 08.05.15 at 19:41.

Server
    DE01
    Hang Out Chat with a Shy player

What is your main Hero called?

I am a little shy so would prefer not to say :P

What Faction did you choose for your main Hero and why?

Currently I don't consider I have a "main" hero or faction. I don't have one hero much higher than another . I'm trying a bit all the options. Why, well probably because there are only 2 factions (everyone's waiting for the other factions) :P

Have you played any of the other HOMM games?

I think I played them all...it's pretty old so I don t remember too well. Maybe I started with heroes 2

What is your favourite?

None/all. Unlike most players I don't consider one to be cannon and the others to be bad and to be forgotten. All had some good and bad points. I always hope for the best and welcome changes to factions/creatures/mechanics. I don't represent the majority though (which seem pretty "conservative" and doesn't seem to think like me) :P. Heroes IV was the most "original" (in term of mechanics), lots of changes, the hero was actually a unit in the battle. This was actually unique in the series but disappeared right away in the next heroes (for the best or worse, your choice)

How long have you been playing MMHO?

A few months ago? 2-3?

What do you like the most about MMHO?

If I have to give one point, it would be that we can coop. Since it s not as good as the solo heroes overall, I appreciate what they don't have. The possibility to coop and pvp (if balanced)

What do you dislike the most about MMHO?

I would say, farm and randomness (luck). I don't consider those to fit a strategy game. You don't win chess because you deal a critical hit or because your pawn is farmed and can solo the whole board. Endless farm with no rewards forever to force players to pay or to play indefinitely is a very common system but not a good one (not really honest) and it would be way better to change the system to support the game with cosmetics only (no impact on the game). Not only the battles could be more about strategy, but it would also prevent players to stop out of boredom because of empty grinding. The battles would have to be about strategy, not farm, which is kind of important in a strategy game

What would you like to see for the future of MMHO?

Since coop is a strong point of the game, I hope more options would be available there. I would like to see more interesting challenges (normal battles and raids), not just increased number of creatures or forced conditions (do darkness damage). Like interaction with the terrain, maybe special bonus on certain spots etc.. . Something that leaves several way of approach, all possible if done strategically. Also the coop being the main interest, it needs improvement. Starting with stadium and forgotten site, I see no reason those 2 can't be coop ed. The raids don't scale for 2 players from what I've heard, so you can't duo them all. Battles with more than 2 players would be great, particularly in raid. Maybe 1 huge fight with 6 heroes on the field. I would also like to see better balances between magic and might heroes and between their abilities.

What future events would you like to see?

I would welcome something different than farming. As for ideas.. hard to say, because I don't exactly know what can be done and how much effort the devs are willing to do. Races or mini games maybe?

Do you have any tips/advice for other players?

First, even if i said the main interest of the online game is coop, I would say, play the story solo. What's the point of being carried? Learn the game, maybe you ll need more time, but you ll enjoy it more, then you'll be able to co-op on even grounds with others (and know what you do) and it'll be a lot more fun. If you're really stuck and need help, be polite, say at least please before and thank you after. Remember that people don't have the obligation to help you, but take their time to do so. Be grateful and don't spam if you don't get help right away. People still have their fights and life and are not there just for you. Since the game is online, trying to have a better community makes the game more enjoyable for everyone.

Thank you very much for taking the time to chat with me and for giving some great feedback and advice on the game
    Last edited by Zandra; 19.05.15 at 04:22.

Server
    DE01

Hang out Chat Vengeance2

Hang Out Chat with Vengeance2

Vengeance2

Haven Cleric, because they had angels and crusaders. Just a personal preference from previous games I've played. Always like Angel units

I do not, but this week I will have enough seals for a 2nd character. It will be Undead so I can transfer units between heroes. And will be Might Undead

What is your favourite Faction?
    If its just between undead/haven faction then undead. Otherwise amongst all factions it would be Demons

About 3 weeks to a month

Are you in a Guild? If so what is the Guild called?
    yes, guild name: Chromatic

Forgotten Sites

What do you like the most about the Forgotten sites?
    I enjoy forgotten sites, wish there was easier ways to get ahold of shards, I like doing weekly bosses. And I own a tarantula , I like that you have to make do with what you are given. I get to use units I normally never use and it sets a different game play experience using different tactics

I just started pvp this week. It seems like some people I run into have a much bigger advantage. And the higher rank the more % in units I lose. Which is quite costly

A AOE healing spell for Haven...undead have one called Netherworld. I would like to be able to play different factions - Perhaps Elves,Demons, Dragons. Daily quest for Forgotten Site shards, maybe some new spells wouldn't hurt.

A customized World Boss that spawns at random times. Gives special drops.

Online? No. When I was a kid I believe I played one for super nintendo

Always carry regeneration scrolls. If you are unsure about being able to solo a fight. Ask for help.

Would you like to tell us a little about yourself?
    Big RPG fan, from back in the day of using pen and paper to role play - to playing many games online that are role play style. I try to help people as much as possible not only in game but in life too. Criminal Justice Major

Do you have any other comments you would like to share with us?
    I have heard that the beta testers got to keep their gear which at the time gave outragious stats. I would like to see PVP system a bit more balanced. Also with many games now, players can now spectate battles. Would be great if there was an option to watch friends do battle. For example Starcraft 2, Dota 2, League of Legends, all have a spectator option. I enjoy watching the game, and it can help people learn

Thank you very much for taking the time to chat with me and for giving some great feedback and advice on the game

Server
    DE01

Hang out chat with Rariety

Hang Out Chat with Rariety

Please tell us a little about yourself?

Well, I'm a fan of all kinds of games, however I’m also a noob of playing (nearly)all kinds of games XD. What I enjoy most is not the gameplay experience itself, but how the game is created. I love the exquisite models,dramatic stories, brilliant design and so on, which is the reason why I love Heroes of Might and Magic franchise including MMHO. Meanwhile, I also love communicating with others. Driven by us Asian culture, I always show great humility and respect to other players, listening to their ideas, sharing my feelings with them.(and studying English by the way XD)

What is your main Hero Name?

Rariety. It's easy to remember it bcz there's an unicorn in cartoon My Little Pony having the same name XD

Heaven Knight. XD The first time I played MMHO I choose this faction according to my experience in HOMM6 XD. The appearance of heaven Celestial in HOMM6 is so shining and gorgeous, meanwhile the knight(might hero) in HOMM6 is also powerful, that’s what I like.

Do you have additional Heroes, if so, what Factions did you choose for them?

Nope. I only have this one. Seeing that there’re only 2 factions, maybe I won’t choose Necro as my additional hero. I would like Sanctuary to be added in further update bcz I think it’s representative of us Asian culture XD.

Yes. They’re HOMM3,4,5,6 and Clash of Heroes.

What is your favourite?

HOMM4. It’s the first HOMM game I have ever played. The visitable elements are countless, making the enormous world rich and fresh. You can even bury a whole day to finish a map completely.

Not too long.About 3 weeks.

Yes. It’s ElementMasters.

The cooperative mode. I wanna to say the cooperation makes this game a true multiplayer. It's a successful fusion of traditional HOMM game and popular multiplayer game. At the same time, cooperation gives players a great chance to make an acquaintance with each other, and that,I think,is the true meaning of playing a multiplayer game.

In many previous HOMM franchise, when your army is powerful enough, enemies may choose fleeing once you contact with them, and if you allow them to escape, you will get what they guard easily. However, in MMHO,enemy doesn’t flee before the battle. Even it’s a 999999999bp vs 100bp battle, you just need to setup the fight, crashing a stack of enemy instantly and waiting for them to surrender. Now that we know enemy is bound to surrender during the fight, why not let them choose fleeing before the battle begins in order to save more time for more valuable things?

More fractions, enhanced cooperative elements (trade system for example), worker’s hall of crystal XD.
    Firstly, more fractions is really necessary for a more complete and complex game experience. Ashan is just Ashan once all 9 (or more?XD) races compete and cooperate with each other.
    Secondly,cooperative mode is the highlight of MMOL, so we can enhance it for more. Now the cooperation is just lying on combat, why not expand it to a wider range?
    Thirdly, we can have all resources in worker’s hall except crystal If we have worker’s hall of crystal, we will no longer need to participate in the endless and meaningless battle.

Well, actually I have no idea. But I advise future events focus more on the non-combact layers. For example, if trade system is added in the future, we can have more events based on it, such as ‘This week is week of wood, you can spend less gold and exchange for more wood!’

I’m lv19 now and I’m really grateful to those who are willing to help me through my way. I’ll also do my best to help others once I get strong enough. I want to tell all players that cherish, and enjoy your time playing and cooperating with other players! Communicate more via chatting! MMHO is awesome, and players are even better! Seek for their help politely once you’re trapped, and don’t forget helping others if possible, that’s what Ashan will bring to us.

Server
    DE01

Hang Out with MedicVitae

Hang Out Chat with MedicVitae

MedicVitae is my main on the current open beta server. HybridVitae was my main on the close beta/test server.

I love to play healer classes, especially Paladin or Armored Cleric. This game gives me two choices, the Necromancer has an array of healing spells as well. I sided with Haven because their heal was area of effect and their crowd control was superior to the Necropolis faction. The story for both sides is equally compelling, I couldn't base my decision on right or wrong because I can see how both factions are working toward the well being of their future in Ashan. So I chose based on what faction would best fit my play style. Having played max level/gear characters for both factions, it turns out they both fit my style! I do NOT like to leave a battle without fully healed stacks. I bring an army of scrolls and potions along with my troops....

Do you have additional Heroes, if so, what Factions did you choose for them?

In wizardry 7 and 8 and in the Baldurs gate series you worked with a party of 6 heroes and potentially with npcs. I like the variety. In Ashan, I enjoyed seeing the story from both sides. I also raised up Might heroes to better understand their abilities and choices for when I co-op with them while playing my healers...

I started playing heroes kingdoms in 2010, and I played demos of HOMM 3 and 4. I purchased 5 and 6 but didn't stick with them because both games locked you into a limited selection of troops. I was spoiled by the King's Bounty series where you had much much more variety and choice. ( I also played a majority the Might and Magic non Heroes games).

What is your favourite?

I'd have to say 3 was my favorite. I was really too young to fully appreciate it when it came out, but looking back it was ahead of its time and ground breaking. There were other tactics games like Final Fantasy and even hexagon games like CyberStorm (robot mech fighting). The way 3 brought my Lord of the Rings and Chronicles of Narnia fantasies to life was amazing. I wasn't just watching the movies or reading the books, I was changing the fate of the characters!

I signed up for the closed beta on April 27, 2013. I received my test server key on January 23, 2014... Then joined the open beta on September 30th, 2014. I've been around on and of for nearly a year and a half.

I was an officer in Excessum for over half a year. What's amazing about our guild is that we exist OUTSIDE of games. That allows us to keep in touch with players who have left one game and moved onto other games. We're not the first guild to do this, but Excessum has been around a long time (tho I was recruited inside MMHO, thank you BB and Ubi!!). We let eachother know when new content is posted to games we've outgrown, and keep in touch with social networking like FaceBook. We were the largest guild on test and closed beta servers (at least on the English language side).
    We have players from all over the world, many who speak multiple languages and were aware of the other servers and player bases. This also meant that we weren't as hard hit by time zones and localization. We use voice chat software to assist in coop and raiding. The new limitation to 50 members REALLY stings, but we are doing what many other guilds are doing... sister guilds, alt guilds and strong team work.

This is a really hard one to answer. If I had to pick one word, it would be diversity. Not only is there a wide range of spell/ability choice, troop choice and scrolls; There is also an extremely diverse player base. This game is a melding of my favorite genres that also has coop play. I could play baldurs gate with friends, but the technology for multiplayer wasn't as strong back then and as they moved into NeverWinter, they moved away from a 6 character party. Granted, I don't get 6 characters here, but I do get my hero and 5 troop slots and my coop partners hero and his/her 5 (or 6) troops. The tactical choices are limitless, there's no single perfect right answer. Finding the right strategies with the right players is what keeps people coming back again and again!

The most... would be the broken chat. There have been improvements, most notably the addition of the MOD Team. There have always been players willing to help other players, in this game and any other, but when chat is filled with spam or languages a majority of us can't read... it really makes it hard to see who needs/wants to coop/raid.
    When chat wont connect or moves you from one room to another and closes other "Tabs" (battle/combat) and erases your conversations... it goes from being a multiplayer game to a solo grind fest. Many of us remember the "regional" chat that was limited to your current area, that is now the "Help" Chat, but that system doesn't work. Yes, people do go there and ask for help, but most people just ask in global. Many people have to tab back and forth...
    Other games have all the chats in one tab, and then the other tabs allow you to pick what goes into them. I can see how that would be hard in this game because of so many players all in the same "channel" but if you did a satisfaction survey I'm certain you'd see that a lot of players are unhappy with the current chat system.

I am thrilled to see new guild content coming, that will be a huge addition. Adventuring with friends is why we're here in MMHO instead of MMH6 and 7... (tho some of us will do both!)

I would love to see a "looking for group" system. World of Warcraft has made HUGE changes over the last decade. They have cross server LFG connections and you can search for instance runs and they now even have an LFR system. I don't know what copyrights there are, but Path of Exile has a party bulletin board system (which has it's on flaws... i.e. too many people using the LFG as a WTS/WTT system)... send some devs out to research a way to do this.

Just a broad example: my third character has hand me down troops and gear, as well as bonus exp from the guild board. but sometimes I need help. I just fought Tareks Champion and lost a LOT of troops because I don't have the crowd control abilities of a level 30. I would like to click on my quest log and go to the name of the quest (I already beat it so I don't remember it for sure but I did say broad example) "Fight Tareks Champion" and click a button near the name along the lines of "join coop queue" - now another player can come along and check the queue to see who needs help. They should be able to see my level, my class and troops. maybe not the numbers, just the portraits of what I'm bringing... as in if they're a haven knight and I'm a necro knight, we probably wouldn't be as compatible as a level 30 necromancer. They could click a button to join my battle and earn prestige points and or dragon steel - they shouldn't get level 12 green items or silly scrolls.

I can see where a system like this would be hard with a hundred people looking for help, and I also see the issue of what does a player do after they click the join queue button... if they start a battle, they wouldn't be able to join the coop battle when someone accepted it... if they lost troops during the battle or changed their troops after joining the queue then it would be misleading to the accepting/joining co-oper... but as the system is now, we get spam in chat constantly... sometimes people don't wait more than a few minutes before posting again, or they go right into ALL CAPS when they don't get an answer in 60 seconds. And if we want to know what class they are or what troops they're bringing... I can't tell you how many times I ask this and either get ignored because they already have help or I get an answer and change characters, then find out they've already got help and I've just changed characters for no reason!!

---- that was a huge wall of text, but I have another older suggestion that I REALLY REALLY want added to the game. I can dig up the forum post if needed, I'd say it's close to 6 months old by now. the short version: please add a system for "reserve" troops. This is what they were called in King's Bounty. again... copyright stuffs. I dunno the legal side... is just changing what they're called good enough? I mean other games have footmen and knights and you can't copyright "archers"...
    the middle length version: We now have over a dozen new troop types. between Thunderbirds and Faceless and spiders that summon more spiders and the new tree troops! this whole idea of going back to the town garrison, or going to MULTIPLE town garrisons to change your troops is just plain flawed. Especially if you can't afford to take troops you paid SEALS or farmed an event for an entire week into a co-op battle... please please please give us extra slots to "store" troops WITH our hero that we do NOT bring into battle.

I can see how this competes with the new reduced garrison limits. SOME players didn't care enough about their troops and allowed them to be slaughtered because they were too easily replaced. Reducing the garrison to 120 or 180 means people had to use better tactics and couldn't just HULK SMASH their way through every battle... However, when I've got 300 active and 600 stored battle priests in one slot and 4 slots of radiant glories, I can switch to 2 slots of 300 active and 150 stored priests and 3 slots of glories. changing the garrison limit did NOT make it so I can't "throw my troops away". changing how many I can recruit did... because I can't easily refill my garrison or my "carried" troops. so... here's what I propose... as we can't recruit event troops in towns and many of us wont waste them, even with the ability to recruit them at the guild province... could we at least find a middle ground? - also note that players with three or four heroes can still "throw away" their troops because of the troop baliffs.......

I also know some new players would be confused with slots of troops they bring with their hero but can't take into battle, so some kind of level limit (like 12 when we start getting elites) and maybe only one or two reserve slots at that time to grow as we grow? maybe once you have a level 30 hero you can unlock the extra slots on the other heroes? - as I posted in the forums, this could be a seal feature, pay seals to unlock extra reserve troop slots... that way there would be mouse over information explaining the slot isn't for active combat, make a "confirmed, I understand" button before the slot unlocks and players start using the slots. if people could figure it out in King's Bounty that they weren't participating troops... worst case scenario if people get too confused by it make it an "open portal to garrison button" so they can clearly see they are sending their troops back to the garrison and the troops aren't with them..

With the help of guild expeditions, I would like to see a new kind of scavenger Hunt. We have the guild quest board that asks us to kill one troop type a day... 200 pit lords or whatever. Let's get a combination of Forgotten Sites/Guild Expedition... a Forgotten Expitiditon! (seriously, don't call it that, people will be too confused) - but anyway, during the Hunt event an area will unlock for each player that progressively has different types of enemies to face. I have no idea how to balance it, but lets use the forgotten sites system... the troops for the Hero to use are provided by the "Hunt Event Masters" and they must defeat XXX amount of each enemy troop type (based on core, elite, champion) so like 1000 spiderlings, 400 ancient spiders and 100 chasmers... give the player the option, have an event board inside the Hunt Event area where the player chooses an enemy to track down and accepting the quest makes them appear in the Hunt Event area. [this means if there's a target you hate fighting, or is too hard for that class/troops the player can opt out] the more Hunts you complete, the greater your prize at the end of the event [so opting out means smaller rewards] (so lets say you complete the spider Hunt and you turn in the quest, you get the "hunt event currency" and you can spend that currency right away (like the system is now) or you can save up that currency to get something better (so after the event is over, you get a week to visit the Event Master and make purchases etc.) -- maybe you could even give the player the option of what troops they take? it would be a chance for them to try out troops they might not otherwise have access to [and would want to add to their collection!]

The best tips I have are to ask lots of questions and make at least one extra hero. The extra backpack space alone is enough reason, but experiencing both factions shows a whole other side to the story. Being able to share troops and do extra quests / dailys / weekly bosses... The dynamic of the game is vastly altered. if you hate fighting the Swarm, but you love killing the Worm and the Old One, having two characters (or three or...) means more chances to do what is fun! and when you get tired of doing battles with one set of skills/abilities/scrolls, you can spice things up with other choices!
    Be part of the community, don't use chat just for battles. Get to know your fellows and share stories. Make memories and friends to travel with in Ashan and beyond!

Thank you very much for your detailed and informative answers, lots of great information and advice for our other players

Server
    DE01

Hang out chat with Zaq1

Hang Out Chat with Zaq1

Would you like to tell us a little about yourself?
    I like playing browser games.

xsw2

Do you have additional Heroes and if so what Faction did you choose for them?
    yes; might/living

Necropolis Necromancer; for the reason that I like playing undead troops. Also, I like the spells like the Netherworld.

I have play HOMM 3 to 6; with all the expansions.

Is there any particular feature of MMHO that you prefer over the previous MMHO editions you have played?

yes; I like the old feature of 100 guild members in a guild, not the 50 guild members.

What is your favourite Faction?
    I would say my favorite is the undead, because I have play them through out the HOMM 3 to 6.

What additional Factions would you like to see in the future in MMHO?
    any of them is fine to me; for the reason that it is different to play and have fun.

My join date is 8/2/15

yes I am in a guild and the guild name is qazx.

I like that MMHO is the same thing of HOMM.

What do you like the most about the Forgotten sites?
    I like the new experience of the unknown and think out of the box in troops you get.

I dislike places that I can't go when I have complete the storyline. Here is the forum http://forum.clb.heroes-online.com/t...s-in-greystone

I would like more factions to test out in beta.

More options to use your events currency in MMHO.

What suggestions do you have for the use of event currency?

don't hold on to it for long, because it change currency.

It is only a game and it is to have fun, so don't get all work up in the game.

Thank you very much for taking the time to talk with me and giving some great feedback

Server
    DE01

Hang Out Chat with PrayingSeraph

Hang Out Chat with PrayingSeraph

Well like many here I grew up with a gaming controller in my hand. Nowadays I play mostly strategy/tactical games, RPGs and Shooters. Game story and lore are huge aspects for me to enjoy a game. In recent years also got into watching anime and painting tabletop wargaming miniatures.

HolySeraph, is my main Hero's name.

I chose Haven Cleric for my main. The primary reason is that I have a near obsession of all things Angel and "Holy". I adore the theme and style of religious light-based forces like angels, paladins, crusaders, inquisitors etc. The ideals of truth, faith and justice are very appealing to me.

Do You have additional Heroes, if so, what Factions did you choose for them?
    Yes, a Death Knight called HollowSeraph.

I first played HOMM less than a year ago. I adore the Ashan setting. However, since then I have played HOMM V and HOMM VI. I recently got the M&M Humble Bundle, so ill be playing the others soon!

What is your favourite?
    Heroes V, due to the amazing music. I adore the beautiful Haven theme.

Since September 2014.

Yes, a guild called Excessum. It is a wonderful guild with great officers like MedicVitae and Saj. I love how many of the members of the guild talk and have fun in the guild chat.

I love the gameplay, it never feels tedious or too long. I love the music, I really wish the devs would release the soundtrack for sale. The game's artwork is gorgeous! I was genuinely impressed when I first saw it.

The lack of DK lvl benefits. We do get a skill point at DK lvl 15, however this takes really long to reach. The tiny stat boosts we get from the lvls are no motivator. There needs to be more incentive to spend time grinding. Maybe more skills points before lvl 25, or DK exclusive lvl specific skills and armor. Something that makes players want to reach the next level.

More factions and more end-game content for dragon knights. I believe the devs need to keep the game being fresh and expanding with content.

More efficient ways of getting event currency is really what I highly recommend.

Just want to encourage everyone to continue to help one another. I was really impressed by how great the community is, far better than many MMO communities I have seen before. Also, I encourage everyone who plays and enjoys this game to help keep this game running by buying at least some seals at some point.

Thank you very much for taking the time to talk with me, some great feedback and advice from another dedicated player

Server
    DE01

Hang Out Chat with XavierDuke

Hang Out Chat with XavierDuke

I'm probably older than most online gamers. This is actually the only online game I play.

Xavierduke.

I chose Haven cause I like the idea of fighting for the "good".

Do You have additional Heroes, if so, what Factions did you choose for them?
    My alt (Xdude) is a Haven Cleric. Still like Haven but wanted a Cleric because they have so many more turns per round.

No.

About four months. Geez time flies lol.

Yes, we are LegendSlayers.

I like the strategy based game play. Like chess but way cooler!

Honestly too many DC's and rubberbanding.

The game is great just needs to be consistently playable. A feature I would love to see is the ability to trade/sell/gift gear to other players.

Nothing in particular.

Yes, don't rush to lvl up! Take your time and farm good gear. Also have fun!

Thank you for taking the time to talk with me, some interesting comments and advice for other players