Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: We want your opinion: Level 1-7

Server
    DE01
    Another item that needs to be added to the tutorial has to do with the details icon while in battle. I never knew what this did until just recently. It is a very good and safe way to use a touch screen device to look at the details of a stack. If anyone is wondering what I am talking about, it is the little magnifying glass icon in the lower left hand corner just above the surrender / retreat button. I have never used this button before but you cannot move or attack when it is selected which makes it ideal for panning the battlefield and checking details on specific stacks. I have been looking for a way to use "right clicking" with my touch pad device for over a month now and accidentally stumbled on this today. It should be included in the tutorial.
    Chromatic

Server
    DE01
    We should bring back the Easy mode that we had in year 2013. Easy mode: 50% less enemies (compared to Normal mode), -50% EXP, no item loot. It will help newbies a lot, especially who hasn't played any series of Heroes Might and Magic. In the loading screen, we still have the old tool-tip "If you want to collect the guarded resources or artefact more easily, you can lower the difficulty of the enemies" (or something like that), don't we?
    Hibernating and waiting for Black Dragons

Server
    DE01
    Regarding Syltom's suggestion:
    I'd recommend bringing down XP-gains in such an easy mode even further, there's no need to accidentally advance levels while trying to figure out how things work.
    Perhaps a series of training grounds would be an idea; a small set of fights that always show the instruction textboxes. I'm imagining a few enemies right next to the first town, which are instantly replaced upon defeat and don't give any gains whatsoever. Make it such that in those fights stacks are fully supplemented for the duration of the fight and any troops losses are negated after the fight (a bit like that pit in the hidden rooms in the whispering plains).

My view on troop losses at very low level:
    Losing troops is a serious issue in the beginning. I've played HoMM 2 & 4 and knew what to expect when starting to play this game. Had I lost a lot of my troops and gotten swamped for several hours without sufficient troops and had I not know yet what I like about this game, than I would have instantly quit.
    My 'main character' is an undead mage, when playing my 'secondary' I discovered that light might is much more susceptible to troop losses because it can't repair troops as well in battle. I considder that a balance issue that not only influences advanced players, but also newbies.

Server
    DE01
    Game balance.
    The early inflicters of DoTs are game killers. Scribes could sell 'travellers scrolls' which tell of mob types in region, and what level they are pitched at.

A lot more could be done with towns.
    What about a trophy room with achievements, kill counts for battles / creatures; access to maps.

Your Avatar
    You have dyes, armour, even pets but how do you look? If you're like me, your cash balance is bumping against the top. How about hiring a Chamberlain to help see how you look - activated in town (plus slots for some armour).
    If you can see yourself (in town) why not see who you're talking to. Call it a Mystic Mirror.

Guild Meetings
    What about your guild? Guild chat has a pokey relic from EverQuest, but you've got a Mystic Mirror.
    Tweak the interface so: Guild Leader selects who speaks - their avatar comes on screen - Normal rule of meetings :-)

Server
    DE01
    well, as new player that started yesterday... i won't be back. played about an hour learning the game a bit then made 1 mistake on battle and lost my army which meant the rest of the night of playing was shot. so then i get done with work today and log on. start doing some other stuff then make a choice to try something different than last night's problem and lost my army again and now i'm done for good.

Server
    DE01
    Is a "get x amount of type y troops for free, but be warned for next fight"- shard a solution for suffering newbies?
    AND A6-3420M APU, 1,50GHz graphics card
    Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1 - 64bit OS
    Firefox

Server
    DE01
    I play a knight for a long time, but this character class is unplayable, I can't help losing my troops and have not enough crystal. I can't slow enemies, I can't resurrect the dead, I have no elite shooters. I deeply regret I didn't choose cleric. The knight class is useless, there should be only cleric for Haven. In Heroes of Might and Magic 3, playing magic or might hero is not a crucial choice.

Server
    DE01
    Im a new player. Leveling up is to fast as it seems the mobs grow with you. To replenish my army after just one fight to get 12 lumber behind a mob takes me 24h, then comes the main missions. Fight one and come play again in 2 days. Just logg in every 6 hours to get some gold and wood.

Please make a basic troop seller that sells the soldiers.

Server
    DE01
    Add side dwellings that allow recruitment of basic creatures in that area, limit to 100 core, 25 elite, per day, no champion dwellings.

And/or diplomacy skill for haven might, that allows to recruit enemy creatures to your cause before battle. Maybe add two extra "reserve" slots, which don't take part in battle, but you can swap troops, to easily change builds.

Otherwise, up until ~lvl 15 you play with sentinels and archers, two types of troops, lack of variety is killing this game.

Server
    DE01
    As far as i've been able to experience the speed of the hero is plain stupid ... You get a starter 3 day pack with increased speed, which feels great and then what? You need to invest money to keep the good feeling going. But speed is a bit different than other game aspects, where spending cash might be justified. There are no skills to develop and to move faster, there are no items (boots) that could have the same effect. No, just cash... What's next? Experience a low bandwidth? A fixed number of bugs? Low quality images? Then buy some smart pack and it will all go away ) Now my hero moves like a turtle and it is extremely annoying knowing that there is NOTHING i can do but open the wallet

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast