Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: We want your opinion: Level 1-7

Server
    DE01

We want your opinion: Level 1-7

Dear heroes,

our game design-team is currently focusing on the gameplay of the early levels of mmho and would like to see and "hear" your opinion on that, to improve this experience for new players (and new heroes from veteran players as well!).

But there are some rules you need to consider:
    • Focus on the levels 1-7 (not dragonlevels) of your ingame experience
    • Keep this thread clean! No offtopic, no crossposting and no discussions. If you want to discuss this feedback thread, create a new thread for that purpose
    • Try to minimize the amount of text, preferably only bulletpoints
    • Stay constructive and polite
    Note: Every other posting will be removed without any further notice.

What we would like to know:
    What do you like?
    And why?

What don't you like?
    And why?

What would you change?
    And why?

What would you like to add?
    And why?

What would you remove?
    And why?

What class/faction have you played?

The more players participate, the better. Let us hear your opinion!

Best regards,
    your MMHO-Team
    Last edited by BB_Whargrin; 17.06.15 at 09:40.

Server
    DE01
    Likes / Reasoning:

- starting battle vs griffin or necro champion / I believe this makes for a good introduction to the game (better than it was when I started playing on the test server);

- creature battle & town tutorials / I believe they are done fairly well;

- easier to play the necropolis faction / due to having reanimate core at level 1;

- haven storyline / it seems to flow better.

Dislikes / Reasoning:

- enemy difficulty since many mobs have troops dealing damage over time (wolves <especially since they do it with each attack> and ghouls) or strike and return (griffins) or strong ranged (spiderlings <special ability causes damage and makes you vulnerable to future attacks>) / I believe the mobs in the areas prior to the first sieges should have enemies that are a little easier for newer or younger players or a new battle setting could be introduced that is lower yet then normal (Syltom has suggested a good way of doing this before and I have to agree that this is maybe needed game wide for younger players);

- siege tutorial / needs to show players how to use the stun ability of the catapult;

- the expert battle town quest / too difficult considering the enemy types in the starting areas and very, very difficult for level 1-7, I believe many players are trying to do this quest thinking they need to only to end up losing a lot of troops (I was losing anywhere from 1/4 to 1/2 of my army per battle trying to do these between level 1-7);

- both haven heroes only get heal core at level 6 / it is available to necropolis heroes at level 1.

Suggested Changes:

- change the expert battle requirement for the first town quest board to normal because most level 30 + players won’t be doing it for the meager XP it provides anyways;

- re-structure haven heroes skill tree so that sanctuary is a Tier II ability and heal core is a Tier I ability.

Suggested Additions:

- add to the siege tutorial to demonstrate how to use catapult stunning ability;

- add a basic scroll shop selling only the basic scrolls and include buying one as part of a tutorial since there is already one for the weapon merchant and if I am not mistaken there is one for the apothecary;

- add a tutorial where the player has to build either the priest or ghost building once they have freed the one mob available to the player on the map (a lot of players are having difficulty at level 10 and up because they don’t have healing units).

Suggested Deletions:

- the lighting beacon in namtaru’s claws because it didn’t really seem to have much relevance to the story (or it could be modified to have more relevance to the story).

Class / Factions Played:
    - Haven knight;
    - Cleric;
    - Necromancer;
    - Death Knight.

Server
    DE01
    1) What do I like : Quick and easy to learn the basics with windows dropping down and explaining and not need much instructions.

2) What Don't I like : a) Slow respawn of troops at low level and respawn in low numbers at the start.( Newbies are not too familiar with the game and bound to make mistakes tend to loose a lot of troops at the start.
    b) Limited inventory space. As a newbie he/she does not know what is important and what is not so cut him some slack have more than 3 slots for his bank

3) What would I change : Newbies when they join a guild they would like to be part of the guild. Preventing them from joining guild events they will fell left out. Like for example the guild quest says to kill Demon Invaders is fine but must be in Lightlands? How many newbies can reach Lightlands to join in in the guild quest.

4) What would I like to add : More factions and if possible more pictures to represent our characters rather than just 2.

5) What I would like remove : Not remove but rather postpone. A chap is new to the game would like to try all the classes and functions to see what suits his style. But when he wants to change class he has to wait around 2 days to change. He might just forget about the game and go play other games. Let him change as and when he wants for the first 3 characters then start the penalty in changing the character.

Classes I played before : Haven might, magic. Necro magic

Server
    DE01
    Hello,

awesome feedback! That is exactly what the game design team does need to know. Thank you!

Hint: there is also a feedback thread about haven knights, very similar to this one. You can find it HERE.

Best regards,
    BB_Whargrin

Server
    DE01
    Hello, here is my suggestion to improve experience for new players.
    Give new hero one "1-day auto retry license" so they can try different aproach in the fights, learn about your units, how to win with no/minimum losses .....
    This license will be bound to this new hero (not posiible to tranfer to another hero), given as a reward for defeating 1st boss.

Server
    DE01
    I forgot a couple of items in my list but fortunately Sorhai's post makes mention of them. I would like to elaborate a bit more on 5). When I made my initial hero selection, I thought it would have been nice to be able to see each of the hero's skill trees to make my final decision on which hero to start with first. I found myself choosing one and then asking around in global chat about other class abilities. I am not the only one that does this as there is usually someone that asks about the other classes on a daily basis. It might also be nice if the player could look at the troop composition of each faction as well before selecting a faction. I know the creature cards are in the forums but there should be a way to access this in game, not just at the start but anytime you wish. Most new players are excited to start playing and don't really browse the forums before they start playing. Plus I find it hard to find those creature cards, I always look through a bunch of threads before finding it.

Also what Sorhai said about testing different heroes out makes sense, there should be no cool down for restarting a hero until that hero has reached say chapter 2 (or a specific point in chapter 1 - I am sure you have the statistical data to determine where players typically switch classes if at all) and there should also be a further condition that a player can't restart to the same class without a cool down unless they have tried each class, then the fifth restart has no cool down but all others after that should have a cool down.

Haathor also made a great suggestion that might help new players immensely.

Server
    DE01
    I think is worth to mention, that free shard new players purchasing through one of the very first quest is now a 3 days combo shard, not as used to be 7 days speed shard.

I don't know when that change happened, however is not something which helps to learn...

It was too quick to flight throughout first 10-14 levels anyway..
    Now this time is even shortened, and I think having in mind that enemies getting stronger in parallel to our level and battle power, so going through only first 7 levels with that combo piece is not doing any good...

I also think that this 7 days speed shard should permanently get place in Seals Shop. (well deserved place btw.)
    New players, shouldn't focusing on levels really, they should be given all time they need to learn about game mechanics, tactics, and most important - troops.

But how to not level up when all combo shards available in shop boost your xp?
    And how to not having this shard, when you got used to decent speed of your pony, and after few days game force you to swap for slow turtle dressed up like a horse

All the Best^^

(\ /)
    (, , )
    o(")(")

If You Change Nothing,
    Nothing Will Change

PinkRabbit / x__X / Amu_Chan

Server
    DE01
    I think it would be very useful a mini tutorial to help new players to get to know the basic functions of the game spells and abilities, where they could learn the skills that have cooldown and other more powerful abilities require spending points to be obtained.

I always see new players buying skills who lose usefulness when you progress through the game, and they often didn't know properly utilize spells, applying blindness in some enemy creature and soon they attack this same creature, causing her to wake up and act in the same round, it's a wasting of the use of magic.

Server
    DE01
    What we would like to know:
    What do you like?
    And why?
    Answer :Hi we want see some changes to heaven knight heroisum passive ability coz now he dont have good ultimate skill . Also some new skills after 20 40 60lv some new skills witch unlock on thees levels some ultimate skills i mean 5 new skills witch unock on every 20 DK levels it will have clue to lv up not to lv up and to wonder where to put this point.
    What don't you like?
    And why?
    Pvp is total disbalance . Griffins special ability must be changet to dive bomb same round not hide 4 rounds and cleric time statis whit bigger reuse or lower area.

What would you change?
    And why?
    cleric shelds must have bigest reuse not 5 rounds sheld and scrolls this must be changed and guardian angel more rounds reuse

What would you like to add?
    And why?
    5 new skills for every 20 DK levels ultimate skills
    What would you remove?
    And why?
    i want remuve some might skills and change to some other pusuit so unless skill must be remuved and changed mighty strike too retribution must be changed not to given dmg
    What class/faction have you played?
    heaven knight necro mage

The more players participate, the better. Let us hear your opinion!

Server
    DE01
    Hi I will be happy to see some balance in this game why: coz there no fun play arena or duels when there no balance in game even on boss mages make more dmg my might have 75k battle power my mage have 38k battle power and mage still make more dmg then might don't know why his name is might when mage make x2 dmg crit is so rare or I want see some change to knights when luck act 1 more time it will be fair for knights , and also some passive heroisum for heaven knight coz he have most poor skills in game from all chars.
    I want see some new creatures I mean game let rescue 2 different upgraded creature like poetorians and swordsman or imperial griffins and some more defience grifs other thing I want see is new skills for all heroes implant 4 or 5 new skills witch unlock on every 20 lv DK, I thing all this will make game more fun for all .
    Griffins special ability must be changed and cleric must be nerfed bigger resue on time statis entrench scroll must be removed from game coz no clue make arena vs mage if you are might coz he is on entrech every round this I thing must be on 1st place on priority game balance and new skills for all .

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast