Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Expeditions Are Unrewarding & Boring

Server
    DE01

Expeditions Are Unrewarding & Boring

As the title says, the rewards for doing EXP right now are a joke. Only 4-6 treasures per EXP level is really bad. Also most drops are small amounts of dust/orbs/spheres with a tiny chance of an item to drop... When you've got 10-20+ players in a guild all farming EXP at the same time, players will start to lose interest and get bored. Because they're doing them over & over but never getting any rewards for the time spent. Say you're doing EXP level 30+ for a few hours with your guild, you'd expect to be rewarded. Our guild was the first to EXP level 40+ & the encounters changed from 25 to 50 at level 40 which made farming more boring & longer with crap rewards. After we finished level 40, all we got was x5 dust from treasures.... This was the point when most of our guild decided to stop playing them. There's no motivation or incentive to carry on when the rewards are really bad. Maybe other guilds have noticed this also?

Suggestions: Increase the treasures that spawn per level. Also change it so that players inside EXP are guaranteed an item at the end of a level.
    This will give players more motivation to play EXP because all players are getting rewards!

Seasons: 7 days per season is far too short. Most guilds only make it to level 30-35 in 7 days. New legendary items don't drop until level 40+ (confirmed on cla server also)

EXP still needs a lot of work but please consider buffing the rewards ASAP!!
    Hero Name: MooMooFarm
    Guild: Jagdkommando

Server
    DE01
    Thanks for your thoughts, I'll pass them on to the relevant department

Server
    DE01
    Here is the lines of dialogue at the end of an expedition for our guild:

Player A: Player B, you grab one of the artefacts.

Player B: Player C, you grab one of the artefacts.

And there are 3-5 of us just standing there trying to get someone else to take one of the rewards. Then we all realize that it is just dust or there is maybe one artefact there.

I like the idea of everyone who participated in the expedition getting an artefact at completion. It could be like an automatic gift thing. I also feel that each battle should be giving rewards such as dust, orbs or spheres and maybe a small chance for an artefact. It is supposed to be a guild building exercise after all so getting materials to restore the guild would be nice.

I also don't really agree with needed prestige points for buildings. There is just too much content to do to earn prestige. The best way is in raids but if you are heavily raiding, you are not doing the expeditions which is the only place you can get the new purple resources. There are also the guild quests but some of them can take a long time to do (ancient treasures for instance). Maybe each battle fought in the expedition should also give the player some prestige as well and anyone that has participated in the expedition will get a set amount at the end of the level.

Server
    DE01
    Can confirm from my experience, that EXPeditions are boring with small reward versus effort, or at least didnt meet my expectations.
    Any idea posted here can improve them, be it more tresures, guaranteed artefact at the end...
    The best for me will be as Gravel suggested : "I also feel that each battle should be giving rewards such as dust, orbs or spheres and maybe a small chance for an artefact!"

Server
    DE01
    Don't know about other people but after 6 battles and got nothing I left and never return. Might as well do daily quest and bosses at least got some items thou most are junk.

Server
    DE01
    Quote Originally Posted by Haathor View Post
    Can confirm from my experience, that EXPeditions are boring with small reward versus effort, or at least didnt meet my expectations.
    Any idea posted here can improve them, be it more tresures, guaranteed artefact at the end...
    The best for me will be as Gravel suggested : "I also feel that each battle should be giving rewards such as dust, orbs or spheres and maybe a small chance for an artefact!"
    Yeah I like this idea as well. I just hope BB act fast and buff rewards before it becomes another dead endgame feature
    Hero Name: MooMooFarm
    Guild: Jagdkommando

Server
    DE01
    i have few suggestion of change in expedition

first number of fights on expeditions:
    Expedition lvl 1-10: 10 fight
    Expedition lvl 11-20 15 fight
    Expedition lvl 21-30 20 fight
    Expedition lvl 31-40 25 fight
    Expedition lvl 41-45 30 fight
    Expedition lvl 46-50 35 fight
    Expedition lvl 51-55 40 fight
    and so on each 5 expedition lvl give 5 more fight

ans 2nd difference in gates (dificult and reward)

Gate1 : start from expedition lvl1
    Gate2 : start from expedition lvl20
    Gate3 : start from expedition lvl30

and last (optional)
    guild reward
    1rst place on gate3: 100% buff to all (resource and crystal from quest and dust from expedition (current reward to win all gate))
    2nd place on gate3: 80% buff to all picable resoure and quest reward (75% of current reward on 1rst on two gates ))
    3rh place on gate3: 60% to pickable resource (50% of current buff from be 1st on one gate)

1rst place on gate2: 80% buff to all (resource and crystal from quest and dust from expedition (current reward to win all gate))
    2nd place on gate2: 60% buff to all picable resoure and quest reward (75% of current reward on 1rst on two gates ))
    3rh place on gate2: 50% to pickable resource (50% of current buff from be 1st on one gate)

1rst place on gate1: 60% buff to all (resource and crystal from quest and dust from expedition (current reward to win all gate))
    2nd place on gate1: 50% buff to all picable resoure and quest reward (75% of current reward on 1rst on two gates ))
    3rh place on gate1: 50% to pickable resource (50% of current buff from be 1st on one gate)
    In MMORPG one can do many various things but in the end, all those various things come down to two categories, PvP and PvE

Server
    DE01
    Ty for your thoughts Moo. Gravel, Vishar and everyone else.
    Expeditions need to be challenging no one can deny that but the rewards do not reflect the effort given by the guild members.
    I like your suggestion about the number of battles Vishar it makes sense but I would add that the number of TIMED respawning mobs should be 20% of the starting number of battles.
    Also the rewards should be something like this.
    All those hero members present when the maze is completed should get resources automatically.
    One of random amounts say 5 dust, 2 orbs or 1 sphere.
    The 3 treasure chests should ALL contain artifacts instead of just one of them.
    The level of the artifact should be of increasing value the higher the maze, something like this
    Maze 1. value between 230 to 240
    Maze 2 240 to 250
    Maze 3 250 to 260
    Maze 4 260 to 270
    Maze 5 270 to 275
    Maze 6 275 to 280
    Maze 7 280 to 285
    Maze 8 285 to 290
    Maze 9 290 to 295
    Maze 10 295 to 300

Mazes 11 to 15 at least 300 value with one being 310
    Mazes 16 to 20 at least 300 value with one being 320
    Mazes 21 to 25 at least 310 value with one being 330
    Mazes 26 to 30 at least 310 value with one being 340
    Mazes 31 to 35 at least 320 value with one being 350
    Mazes 36 to 40 at least 320 value with one being 360
    Mazes 41 to 50 at least 330 value with one being 370
    Mazes 51 to 60 at least 340 value with one being 380

Maze 20
    http://prntscr.com/axcrez
    SETH1047 , SETH1048 (HONORandRESPECT)
    SETH1045 , SETH1046 (HandR_TRAINEES

Server
    DE01
    Hi everyone,

Please keep the feedback coming, I will forward it to game design.

Server
    DE01
    Another issue I have is with the whole artefact gifting system. Once the expedition is completed, one minute is not really enough time to figure out who to gift the artefact to. I would rather gift it to an expedition "trader" and let the rest of the guild check it out and if no one wants it after a set period of time, the list is purged. It is easier to gift ones that you find while doing the maze because there is no time limit.
    Chromatic

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast