Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Expeditions Are Unrewarding & Boring

Server
    DE01
    expedition "trader" that "lets the rest of the guild check it out" is a great sugg.

Server
    DE01
    Also another issue I sort of alluded to in my post is that it is difficult to figure out which guild member to send the artefact to. For example, tonight I found a nice head piece for a death knight but I have no idea of knowing what class anyone in my guild is. It would be very nice to have the players class included as a detail somewhere in the guild list so it would make selection of who to send it to a lot easier. I like the idea of an expedition trader better but it could be possible to have both in the game, you either pick it up for yourself (you selfish scrooge you), gift it to someone else or send it to the expedition trader.
    Chromatic

Server
    DE01
    As the expeditions are there to bring the guilds together, I like the idea that Gravel has suggested about having a trader or a pool within the guild province where unwanted artifacts can be stored. Items can stay in the trader for 1 week and anyone who wants them can take them from there in their own time when they have plenty of time to compare with what they have. Especially for some of the new set items. As a death knight, I found some boots specifically for a might hero and a Deathknight. I would like to see the rest of the set and have asked my team to consider gifting the set items to me if they do not want it for themselves. It would be so much easier if there was a location for items that have been found to be gathered in one place. Most of the items I have been gifted have ended up in the bin, which is a pity as someone with lower stat equipment may have wanted it.

Also we need some rewards for each fight. These can be very small amounts of resources with a rare chance of getting a levelled item, similar to any other fight you do.

And finally, as it is a team event, all players that took part in the expedition need rewarding for completing a level. We get rewards for doing raids as a team, so it is only right that we do the same for people working together on expeditions.As it stands only the 3 best guilds each week can get any real benefit from leading the expeditions, so a smaller or less experienced guild won't even bother playing there if they see the same big names well out in front each week.

Server
    DE01
    I agree the sessions are too short at 1 week, 2 weeks would be a better time frame for them. I also think that ALL guilds should gain some small bonus at the end, say 2% for every 5 levels completed in a rotating resource. example: 1st session its gold, the next session its wood, etc. This would give the smaller guilds more incentive to complete as much as they can, it would also give solo players more cause to join a guild.

Server
    DE01
    Meh, doesn't really matter anymore. EXP will be dead within a few weeks. Another useless update & clone of the raid system with worse rewards. They're too boring for the amount of time you have to spend for such crap rewards = unrewarding. If you want players to keep playing, buff the rewards & drop chances! It's the same for Raid level 29 & Heroic Tier 13. No motivation to farm for items when you need a ridiculous amount of time.

Raids = Dead
    Heroics = Dead
    Pvp = Still broken
    New Faction = Promised for years now.

Lets say you do find an item you've been looking for in Exp, Raids, Heroics, the chances of getting the right stats on an item are so small. You've got a better chance of being struck by lightning or winning the lotto.

In my opinion, the game will never leave open beta stage & it's only a matter of time before they pull the plug & servers shutdown permanently. I've played this game since the very early stage of closed beta & over the years, things just keep getting worse! It's a shame because the game started off really well. Also, there's been some great feedback from many players but it just gets ignored as always.

Also, all classes need a revamp of the skill tree system... In pvp, magic is still OP compared to might. I said this ages ago, even when the new might changes came, I said it wouldn't change anything in pvp but you ignored it. Skills like soul mark need to be changed in pvp also. Say in pve fights soul mark does 70% and for pvp 40%

Quote Originally Posted by retwrte5 View Post
    The game was ok as it was in Dec. 2013. They only had to publish (and sell)
    a new map every 2-4 weeks. But not such a mini map like the current one.
    And like in the other HoMM Games a map editor is necessary, so user can
    create own maps. The income could be shared between the creator of the
    map and Ubi/BB.
    Yeah that's my point, the game was good back in 2013 but they ruined it now. They expect you to farm to death and milk players for money. To be honest, I'm starting to give up hope that BB can make it better & thinking of quitting to play another good game I've heard about. Most players in my guild have quit now as well once they realized. I like the idea of map editor though but can't see that ever happening.
    Last edited by BB_Eraya; 30.06.15 at 19:28.
    Hero Name: MooMooFarm
    Guild: Jagdkommando

Server
    DE01
    Quote Originally Posted by Mentalmoo View Post
    Meh, doesn't really matter anymore. EXP will be dead within a few weeks. Another useless update & clone of the raid system with worse rewards. They're too boring for the amount of time you have to spend for such crap rewards = unrewarding. If you want players to keep playing, buff the rewards & drop chances! It's the same for Raid level 29 & Heroic Tier 13. No motivation to farm for items when you need a ridiculous amount of time.

Raids = Dead
    Heroics = Dead
    Pvp = Still broken
    New Faction = Promised for years now.
    Totaly agree ....

Server
    DE01
    Quote Originally Posted by krigg View Post
    Totaly agree ....
    Hero classes = unbalanced, another one to add to the list ^^

Server
    DE01
    On the topic of expeditions, I like Gravel's thoughts/opinions. I think a trader would be fantastic, since I never know who to send stuff to and the same people are getting things because they are the ones that i know what their "class" is. I also think some small rewards need to be given to those fighting battles in the expeditions, even if its something at the end like raids get. Though would think about something small after each battle would be easier to accomplish. Also, I agree that 1 week before reset is too short. It needs to be at least 2 weeks to give time to raise expedition levels to a point worth doing. Otherwise, trying to get spheres/orbs is a total joke, and there's no way for smaller guilds to grow or compete. With the amount of items needed to build the guild area with the new resources, they need to be accessible. At this point, they aren't for the "normal" guild. Just my 2 cents. I like the concept of expeditions and I like that unlike raids they can be completed at leisure. They just need some reworking.

Server
    DE01
    I like the idea suggested by Gunnerguzz. I also agree that the timeframe of 7 days is too short.

To be honest though, what Mentalmoo is saying is a very harsh truth about the game. There are a lot of times that I feel as though I am a masochist for playing this game. Lately I have been wondering whether this is all worth playing. Don't get me wrong, I like a lot of the game features like expeditions, the forgotten sites, stadium of strife, heroic tiers and raids BUT Moo makes a good point on how unrewarding everything in this game is. These features are ok for a week or maybe a month but they get tiring quick when players realize they give very little rewards in terms of better artefacts. Once a player reaches level 30, the only thing they can do to better their hero is get better gear which requires hundreds to thousands of battles just to get one or two artefacts that fit their play style. I am of the opinion that if a player has reached Tier 13, they should be having a very high change of getting a relic artefact / refinement item and not only that, the player should be getting more from the drop (such as a mana pot, a stack of scrolls, dragon steel and maybe even a runestone in addition to the artefact). I have previously commented on this in another thread. The top raid level should also always drop good gear as should the forgotten sites.

I am pretty much at the point where all I want to do is upgrade my artefacts but doing so means doing thousands of battles with very little reward. I understand that it is a way to get players to spend money on the game but even players that are spending money on the game are punished for it since they are stuck with the same system. I don't really have an issue with the whole farming aspect to build the guild province or upgrade heroic tiers but I do have an issue with the very low chance to be able to get some better gear.

I decided to do a bit of math on just how many battles I have done to show why the game is so unrewarding. To date, I have earned roughly 50,000 dragon steel between 4 heroes and pretty much all of it was doing solo heroic battles which give 20 ds each. That ends up being about 2500 battles. Out of that many battles, there are maybe 3 relic items that I have kept per hero so that is a total of 12 worthwhile relics for me. That works out to roughly a 0.5% chance of getting an artefact a player will use. I know I have gotten other relic items that I have sold but the total quantity was definitely not much more than 100 so the chance of a relic drop is only around 5%. This is really way too low.

Their is not much incentive for players to stay once they reach level 30 but a whole bunch of repetitive battles with little to no reward. Add in the login issues and all the unresolved bugs that have been present in the game for a very long time and players get frustrated and just leave.

At some point, I will have to make a decision on how involved I want to be with this game and every day I lean towards walking away and not looking back. Right now, the best part of the game for me, are the events since new creatures become available and it allows me to play with a different creature. Granted with faceless, you can control almost any creature you want but it isn't the same as actually owning the creatures and caring for them.

I have been here since the test server was opened up to the public and my opinion of the game hasn't changed. I have always felt that the game has huge potential but is being horribly mismanaged and due to this could be subject to closure at any time. New content is always fine and dandy but at some point, the existing issues (for example double attacks at surrender - this has existed for 6 months now, attack after surrender is accepted - has existed ever since the surrender system was implemented, several description inconsistencies with abilities, abilities not working properly, etc) need to be fixed as well as balancing all classes and making a meaningful PvP system.

Moo has been here a long time as have many of the players in that guild, when your hardcore player base starts abandoning the game, something needs to happen before it is too late. There are many other hardcore players that are leaving or have already left.
    Chromatic

Server
    DE01
    Nice feedback as usual Gravel, you've nailed it! I think Exp seasons should last at least 2-4 weeks then some real progress can be made. I know what I've been saying is harsh, but I feel all players deserve to know the truth about the current state of the game. I'd like to apologize to the Mods & BB though, sorry! ^^ I'm just sick & tired of everything that's going on in the game. So many good players, guild members & friends I know have already quit the game. I feel frustrated because the whole concept of the game itself is really good but over the years, things just keep getting worse! There's so many game breaking issues right now that need urgent attention but with every new version, comes new bugs & they do silly little things like sanctuary & pet animations when they should be focusing on more important things... This is what happens though when you rush new content & have a very small number of people testing it... It's simply not enough time to sniff out all the bugs. They should reopen the test servers for everyone to play & find these bugs quicker before deploying it on live servers. You could even copy chars on their so you wouldn't have to level from the start.

I completely agree with what Gravel is saying about the rewards from heroics, raids etc. They should always guarantee 1 item & some consumables. NO player wants to do a 20-40 minute long fight in heroic tier 13 or raid 29 just to get 1 crap runestone... = unrewarding & boring. It's not just the rewards that are bad though, itemization is also crap. I think BB should increase the drop chance of all relics, set items & legendary items & change it so that white/green/blue items all roll random stats (as normal) but relics, set items & legendary items should always have powerful fixed high stats (like weekly boss items) & not rolled randomly. It's so annoying when you find relics in raid 29 or heroic tier 13 because once you find an item you've been looking for, you have to pray it rolls the right stats & 99% of the time they're trash items with poor stats then you have to farm like 50 more heroics just to get another bad relic & so on. If they increase the drop chance & make items with better fixed stats, it'll give players more motivation to farm these items. I also think high level raids should be more about farming fast xp so you can grind DK levels faster. Raid 29 right now takes way too long and the xp is bad for the time you have to spent when you could just do some quests etc. Heroics, Exp should be more about items.

Sadly, it's already too late, most hardcore players, friends or guild members have already quit the game. My guild is one of the oldest on the server since it first went live & I'm currently the guild leader trying to keep the guild alive but it's impossible because most members are quitting the game or going inactive for a long time because of boredom. Players like Defjam, Henoch, Sir_Oliver have already said they won't be playing this game ever again. It's a shame because I speak to them guys most days on skype but they all say the same thing. They hate what BB have done to ruin the game. To be honest, If the game doesn't improve soon, I'll be quitting also. I'm tired of always hoping the game will get better over the years I've been playing but it never does. Maybe BB should hire some more talented programmers or replace some members of staff. I know that sounds harsh but maybe it's necessary to ensure the survival of this game before it's too late.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast