Thread: Balancing Might and Magic heroes

Server
    DE01

Balancing Might and Magic heroes

Hi guys,

I just want to share some feed-back while playing with a might hero and a magic hero both in the same time.

My might hero is DK 28, stuffed with more than 1800 value artefacts and around 80 k strength.
    My magic hero is DK 9, stuffed with random artefacts found on boss (1400 valuated set items) and around 35 k strength.

With expeditions, we have to face to ennemies with more than 220 k strength around level 40 of the expedition.

My might hero got difficulties for such fights as every pack of ennemies can one-shot anything in my army, and i win any fight with my magic hero, using faceless units and control spells.

I propose two adjustments for improving balancing between might and magic hereos :

- first improve initiative of might heroes. It is abnormal that magic heroes got more initiative than might heroes. This could also help during battles and duels
    - secondly, had a small control spell for might heroes (the slow spell from magic heroes for example), for slowing ennemies, as u cannot do anything when some ennemies can travel through the battlefield in one turn

Thanks for your feed-back and i hope it helps

Server
    DE01
    Hello Gryzor,

Thank you for your feedback.

Server
    DE01
    Hi all,

This is an old and well-known complaint of players about balance between the classes, I always comment on the same thing, play with a Might Hero is to focus on the direct combat and not use spells to control enemies or paralyze them, magic is to magic class, strength to might class.

They should give the possibility to the Might Heroes to control battles with some skill more than just Inspired Assault (when give us 3 more points of initiative and a buff on attack power), there should be at least 2 of battle control ability, but they can't be magic abilities.

Increase endurance and strength of the class I think that would make it balanced the game, since Knights focus your direct attack and Mages focus on using magic to control the enemies in the battle, so when someone would choose a class to start would be the next question: "I'm going with a Knight who has more attack power and defense, or go with a Magician who has several spells to control and damage the enemy troops?"

And if you think that all Knights are wrong about that, simply, note that around 80% of PVP players are Clerics and Necromancers and the last Tournament of Asham, the final matches were all among Clerics, doesn't that mean anything? ...

Server
    DE01
    Hi all,

Just another feed-back after expeditions. We have reached expedition level 43 yesterday. We won almost all fights using Magic Heroes (especially human ones). Might heroes are almost useless, cannot fight and win such fights. We have been using Might heroes only for some specific fights and lost of guys were wondering what they can do in such fights... well they can do nothing with Might heroes lol.

Magic heroes can control anything, facing 200 k or more fights and win them without troubles by using faceless units. I have been using my poor 45 k strength magic hero to win such fights (that's my reroll lawl)

Server
    DE01
    Hi Gryzor,

The biggest problem found with Knights is not being able to control enemy units, when in large amounts, Knights need one mass control skil (or something like that), because DK only has Torpor and Intimidation, and Heaven Knight only has Intimidation, it's poor when you do battles with enemies above 200k power.

Server
    DE01
    I really wish to play with the old ability system, when my old Haven Knight could win a 4 times stronger enemy in Forgotten Site; or at least please let us try it on the test server again. I really want to see my old abilities again:
    - Rush, Inspired Assault, Long Range, Heroism, Raise Shields, Preemptive Attack buff the whole army and last until the end of the battle.
    - Anathema decreases all enemies' attack power.
    - Pacification prevents a target from attacking and using any ability.
    - Mass Despair -15% HP and -15% attack power of all enemies.
    - Intimidation affects all enemies.
    - Maiming Strike, Sundering Strike are early level abilities with low mana cost (30 to 60 mana)

By the way, at that time, Might heroes didn't have any heal spells, and they still worked fine.
    Hibernating and waiting for Black Dragons

Server
    DE01
    If the Heaven Kinght had these skills like Pacification, Mass Despair, Mass Intimidation, or low mana cost for Maiming Strike, Sundering Strike, or Passive Defiance/Hroism, I believe it would be even more balanced, Syltom, because actually Heaven Knight has the poor skills class on the game.

Server
    DE01
    Hi guys we make 10 treads for knights and no1 make some changes and same thing for griffins soar must be changed and I hope knight get some passive heroisum all other things just added thing whit no balance in game I hope developers will change this after 1 year treads forum 100 comments and still nothing we want play some balanced game this unbalanced game its not fun for players this thing expel more players then any other bug in game when game not balanced nobody play it coz of this balance see arena all are 0 points this mean no1 play arena artefacts are tragedy they are mage based I hope to see some brand new skill tree for all heroes and bit more balanced game coz now unplayable

Server
    DE01
    Hello guys!
    I'm new in the game, only lvl 27 and i have a Heaven Knight and was really hard for me in some battles, i needed to ask help from a friend who was lower in lvl with 1 or 2 then me, but he is a Heaven Cleric, and is not about army or items, my power was bigger, but the CC skills from Cleric help us to win battles with minimum losses. If i try to kill alone the losses where more bigger almost that i didnt want to fight and go forward with main quest.
    We all go to play clerics and nero or you can try to fix the Heaven Knight class, because from what i did read in this forum until now i'm not sure that i want to play anymore with him, low lvl is useless on higher lvl again useless, that what is the point of Heaven Knight ?!

Server
    DE01
    Hi i thing best solution to balance race is to back old skill to heaven knight or make new skills to all coz now all good skills are implanted to mages might is very weak as syltom says we will nice to see old skills back or just implant new skills to all race and balance them well coz this is most fair thing witch devs can make we all want play different characters but now u not allow us play other characters then cleric this is aswome pls devs make someting for players we want fair pvp and new skills coz as i see the old 1 not balanced well that ruin pvp pve and hole fun from game ty ..