Thread: New system of hero and troops' turns in Heroes 7

Server
    DE01

New system of hero and troops' turns in Heroes 7

I'm fortunate to get a hand on the Closed Beta of Heroes 7; and it impresses me very much, especially the new system of hero and troops' turns. The hero's turns are, instead, placed between the troops' turns, they are merged together now. That means, in each troop's turn, I can control my hero to attack or use a spell before my troop acts and ends their turn.

If this new system is in Heroes Online, that means Might heroes can choose 2 out of 6 times when they want to cast a spell, the same for Magic heroes 4 out of 5 times. They have more flexible choices when to use their turns. And because the troops' Initiative effects when the heroes can use their turns, they have to choose their army composite more wisely. Rather than all the same units with the same Initiative, they may now want to select different troops with different Initiatives to make the best of your spells and strategy.

I know that borrowing the idea from another game, even in the same series created by the same company, has many difficulties. But, I really want to see something similar in this game.
    Hibernating and waiting for Black Dragons

Server
    DE01
    Hi Syltom,

Thank you for sharing your idea with us! I will pass it on.

(For who is interested in winning a closed beta key for Heroes7, click here.)

Server
    DE01
    I like the idea Syltom, would be pretty nice indeed.

I think on Heroes 1, 2 and 3 that was the way to use the hero's abilities. Before the turn of each creature, you could use a spell from the hero (once per round).

Heroes 4 the hero was treated like a "unit" so it was similar to what we experience today in HMMO in terms of turns.

No idea how heroes 5 or 6 was like regarding hero's turn.

Server
    DE01
    I've also been fortunate enough to have Closed Beta access to Heroes 7 and agree with Syltom's suggestion.