Thread: Title?

Server
    DE01

Title?

I need no title for that lol, ok here's the thing - i cant play more than an hour-hour and a half furing weekdays now, and now apparently game seems to be broke during weekends, y'all know it's like unplayable with all those bugs. Cut to the chase - can ANY clever mind in BB give but a SINLE reason to stay? ANYONE?

Thanks in advance for deleting this topic before anyone even reads it

Server
    DE01
    I read it before it got deleted - no chat, battle bugs back and it wasn't like this last night ... it's almost as though we've all get chucked onto another server with a different game version again this weekend. It is certainly getting more than a little frustrating.

On the upside, I'm beginning to get quite successful at fighting with my mob stacks all in places that the map says they aren't!

Server
    DE01
    On the upside, I'm beginning to get quite successful at fighting with my mob stacks all in places that the map says they aren't!
    this does not always work bro

Forum Moderator
    Server
    DE01
    Hi all,

Keep in mind that our developers work with high priority to solve bugs and technical issues in game, but this is not an easy job that can be done in minutes, any bug or error you have, please, submit a ticket to our support team and add as much information as possible about what is happening, then they will look at this problem as soon as possible, thank you for your attention
    contact.support.en@heroes-online.com

Server
    DE01
    This error is an old one, and not a new. Youn know that, we knows that. Who should seriously believe that anyone on the weekend working with you on resolving these errors, because here ??And we at the weekend is to seriously support thousands of error messages answer reasonable, especially since these will not even read properly in normal times? I still maintain that it makes you just ridiculous.

Server
    DE01
    I submitted a ticket to the support, but it's not a peculiar problem for my hero , in a peculiar place, doing a peculiar action, with a peculiar navigator, it's a general problem for all the players that lasts for months now and that came back generally and unfortunately for the week end.

Server
    DE01
    Quote Originally Posted by MOD_RedMage View Post
    Hi all,

Keep in mind that our developers work with high priority to solve bugs and technical issues in game, but this is not an easy job that can be done in minutes, any bug or error you have, please, submit a ticket to our support team and add as much information as possible about what is happening, then they will look at this problem as soon as possible, thank you for your attention
    contact.support.en@heroes-online.com
    (A bit of deserved chastising first)

Then you should find new developers. As CEO of a technology company, I can honestly say that if you haven't solved this problem by now, you need to hire people besides some kids fresh out of college that have no clue what they are doing. The bug is not really a developer issue solely anyway. This is why you need new developers and new minds looking at it. BTW, you can tell grandma she can have her 8086 machine back because you need better servers too. (ok now that is out of the way...)

You can have this solution for free as an introduction to the myriad of services my company offers, the next one I will bill your company for.

The issue stems from what is called an endless loop processing. I don't exactly know what is triggering the loop processing, but the graphic animation call would be the first place to look. So here is a simple way to test that. Create a master function switch that turns all "creature.animation" off, and all "hero,animation" off, or whatever they are labeled as. Assuming the sub scripts are coded correctly, this should be possible. If they are all named by individual character, you will need to regroup them so you can create a toggle function. Then let the players play around with it for a few days and see if the issue goes away. The thought in this is that if stopping and then restarting the animation fixes the problem, you have narrowed your memory leak down to a very small area, plus players feel like they are part of the solution, and can at least play the game meanwhile.

If turning off and on the animation does not correct the issue, or help at all, then it is likely that your servers simply do not have enough power to run all the simultaneous connections you have open at one time and/or you need to verify that said connections are closing correctly. As it is right now, I can stay logged on until daily reset, which should NOT be possible. A fail safe should be put in that closes the connection after 10 min of inactivity at max. This means that if I can stay on that long, so can everyone else.

Also, if closing the window is a quick thing, and then I can just log in again by hitting the play button, my money would be on that the server is not correctly closing out old port connections and/or not syncing correctly with the old one, thus creating a separate instance, while the primary instance is still awaiting port/gateway allocation closure. Essentially the server thinks that player A is logged on still, while player A may have opened and closed the game window several times, and each time the server believes it has to allocate resources to a new log on, although the other instances are ghosts, but are still allocating the minimum amount of resources to a game instance that is not doing anything. If each player did this 5 times at 100KB allocation a time... well you get the idea. (These are virtual ports/gateways mind you, not actual ones)

Because it is a browser based game, you really only have a few options to solve this correctly... The easiest would be to create a use of a log out feature, and remove the top right window control options when the new pop up window opens in full size. (not full screen) This way players will be forced to log out using the in game button to close the window, which would also create a close allocation script server side.

I recommend putting it under the settings menu or something like that if it isn't already there. Later on you can add resize functions to this so that players can adjust the screen if needed. But first things first.

The only other way to resolve this issue is to create an actual launcher that will install the critical animation files on the client computer so that the client's computer is the one that is used to draw resources instead of server quick calls. This will also eliminate the log in issue as a launcher is designed to do just that, open a virtual port/gateway, and then of course the obvious the game is redesigned to automatically close all open ports aggressively when a player disconnects, is inactive, or logs out.

There is a slight possibility that it may be related to something else entirely, but I highly doubt the devs are so inexperienced that they wouldn't log check and bug check modules before they release VUs,

So stop "restarting" the server, it doesn't do anything, and instead actually fix the problem.

Server
    DE01
    Quote Originally Posted by MOD_RedMage View Post
    Keep in mind that our developers work with high priority to solve bugs and technical issues in game, but this is not an easy job that can be done in minutes
    I would actualy understand that the devs are having a hard time fixing some issues, and I might even feel tempted to believe that they are working "with high priority", if the circumstances were different. What we see happening is that weekend comes and everything gets broken and then, magically, on monday morning the game starts working again. This only means one thing, that no one is doing a thing during the weekend. I'm well aware that the game doesn't get fixed with a monday morning server restart, but at least it's a temporary solution, one that can actualy be done "in minutes", providing that there is someone working. It's the first time I see a game where there is no one working during the weekends., which is totaly unacceptable.

Server
    DE01
    also as it seems to be breaking a few days after server restart, maybe do a scheduled on o Friday which might keep the game alive through the weekend. better 15 min downtime on friday than 3 days of broken game.