Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "Ultimate" 1-Stack Show (Cleric Magic)

Server
    DE01

"Ultimate" 1-Stack Show (Cleric Magic)

We have the term "1-man show".
    I have a new term called "1-stack show" and here's how.

I am not sure how many players know this, but I have found a way to beat many battles (including boss battles) up to over 74,000 BP (that multi-headed devourer at the Forgotten Site when you're at level 30) with just 1 stack of units at just over 17,000 BP.

Here's how...

Unit needed: Radiant Glories/Blazing Glories (forget about Celestials and Battle Priests).
    Stack needed: 1
    Abilities needed: Warlord's Command, Reinforcement, Soul Mark, Searing Shield, Sanctuary, Guardian Angel, and scrolls of Sanctuary (6 scrolls will do).
    Mana needed: > 1,200 mana (in my case).

How: The idea is to protect your stack while you're attacking your enemy creatures first with Soul Mark and then Sunray. Since Sanctuary has duration of 2, your stack will stay passive and only attack in the last round before the Sanctuary/Guardian Angel effect expires. Before the effect expires, (after you do Reinforcement and Warlord's Command on it to boost it earlier in the rounds) your stack may do a Radiant Burst to hit all enemies surrounding it, and then backstab (and/or blind as you see fit if you use Blazing Glories) enemies that are far away from it.
    Your stack will be best positioned in the middle of the battlefield where the enemies can surround it so it can use Radiant Burst as well as Searing Shield for maximum damage.
    1. Your Hero will be the primary attack unit.
    2. Your 1-stack Radiant/Blazing Glories will do supporting attack right before the Sanctuary and Guardian Angel effects expire.
    3. Every round your stack will remain protected by Sanctuary and Guardian Angel. Your stack will wait its turn until enemies have no more move left and right before the Sanctuary/Guardian Angel effect expires, you attack.

Achievements (proven with real battles):
    Won a creature battle at over 27,000 BP with 1 stack of Radiant Glories at over 17,000 BP.
    Won a Black Fang battle at over 29,000 BP with 1 stack of Blazing Glories at over 17,000 BP (over 1,800 enemy casualties, with the help of 4 minor mana potions).
    Won a Black Fang battle at over 25,000 BP with 1 stack of Blazing Glories at over 17,000 BP (over 2,900 enemy casualties).
    Won 2 Black Fang battles at over 30,000 BP with 1 stack of Blazing Glories at over 17,000 BP (over 1,100 and 1,600 enemy casualties respectively).
    Won Erion's boss battle at over 44,000 BP with 1 stack of Blazing Glories at over 17,000 BP.
    * The Black Fang battles above are all part of the quest to save a void member captured by the Black Fang, including Erion's appearance after you rescued the void member.
    Won Void Prophet boss battle at over 42,000 BP with 1 stack of Blazing Glories at over 17,000 BP.
    Won 3 Sandro's Executor boss battles at over 48,000 BP each with 1 stack of Blazing Glories at over 17,000 BP.
    Won a Forgotten Site boss battle at over 74,000 BP with 1 stack of Radiant Glories at over 17,000 BP (with the help of a handful of Sanctuary scrolls as backup to save mana and fill the gap).
    Won more than a handful of Expert-level creature battles where the BP ranges from over 30,000 BP to over 40,000 BP with 1 stack of Blazing Glories at over 17,000 BP.
    ** Please note that ALL the battles above so far are won with just 1 stack of Radiant/Blazing Glories with ZERO casualties.

Note: When it comes to dealing with boss battles, i.e. the goal is to KILL the boss, then you only need to concentrate all your attacks on the boss until it dies. This includes Erion's battle, Void Prophet's battle, and 3 of Sandro's Executor battles. Ignore all the other enemy creatures unless they interfere with the battle.

I have yet to attempt this strategy on Sandro's 3-stage battle (Chapter 4).
    I have over 1,200 mana and I believe the more mana a player has, the better this strategy will be and last much longer.

Server
    DE01
    since the hero play the main parts we would like to see the requirements level and stats to do it

Server
    DE01
    Quote Originally Posted by LordBeoulve View Post
    since the hero play the main parts we would like to see the requirements level and stats to do it
    In my case, for Might, Creature Defense, and Luck, are 688, 1223, and 77.
    For magic, Heroic Support and Spirit are 2009, 1260, and 1116.

I started this strategy when attempting the quest to rescue the void member from the Black Fang while at level 29 (now 30).

Server
    DE01
    This strategy was put on trial when I attempted the 3 Elrath's Statue battles and the Erion's Executor battle. And when I found it successful that I won with ease, I tried it out on the Black Fang quests and beyond with great success.

Server
    DE01
    with this tactics only magic, Heroic Support and Spirit matters

Server
    DE01
    Quote Originally Posted by LordBeoulve View Post
    with this tactics only magic, Heroic Support and Spirit matters
    True, and if you have artifacts that boost Might and Creature Defense, then go for Might instead, because with all the immunity from Sanctuary, Scrolls of Sanctuary, and Guardian Angel (partial immunity) you can disregard Creature Defense and go for Might to boost your Glories' attack damage further.

Server
    DE01
    Today, I managed to beat Sandro's 3-Stage battle with my 1-Stack setting.

My Hero was defeated halfway through the 3rd battle because the Glories were destroyed by one of Sandro's "destroy stack" magic. I thought the effect will take hold after the end of the 3rd round, but my stack died by the end of the 2nd round. What a cheat by the game. Nevertheless, I paid for a retry and won the battle. I have my Blazing, but chose to use Radiant instead for the whole ordeal. The final battle was 67,300 BP vs my 18,800 BP.

I spent 8 scrolls of Sanctuary and 9 scrolls of Dispel Magic in total as backup for the entire 3 battles, 5 minor and 1 lesser mana potions.

Before this, I also attempted another Forgotten Site and won with the same 1-stack setting but it was easier at just over 66,000 BP (previously over 74,000 BP) which I thought should at least stay the same or higher, but never thought even the BP is inconsistent with the Hero's level.

I also attempted the Stadium of Strife with this 1-Stack setting and managed to reach Stage 20 but failed because the Priestess died. I figured I may need Time Stasis for this.

WARNING: This 1-Stack is built for PvE battles, not for PvP battles which other players may easily dispel the Guardian Angel, making your Glories vulnerable.

Server
    DE01
    Is this setting good eh?

Goody, goody?

Server
    DE01
    Actually, people have done this tactic since long time ago with Griffins, especially in PvP. Soar, Rouse, Soar, Sanctuary, Guardian Angel, while the hero uses unlimitedly mana potions, scrolls, and nuke magic.

If it's just PvE only, even Might heroes can do it with both Sanctuary spells and scrolls. Of course, because they lack nuke magic, they will fight much longer than Magic heroes do.
    Last edited by Syltom; 13.11.15 at 20:20.
    Hibernating and waiting for Black Dragons

Server
    DE01
    I do not use Griffins, or any other Haven creatures except the Glories because they are the only one that can attack 1 or more enemy units at the same time without retaliation.

That's why while my Hero is the primary attack unit, the Glories are also a very good supporting unit, because before Sanctuary/Guardian Angel expires, I can do Reinforcement and Warlord's Command them for attacks with damages much higher than my Hero's primary attack damage.

If I use my Hero totally for attacks, then I would need a lot more mana than I currently need (especially if I need to use the nuke magic Sunburst than costs 200 mana), but because of the current setting, I can maintain lower mana (currently around 1,290 as a Cleric).

This setting is much easier to maintain compare to previous times when I maintained the usual 5-Stack army. I have to care for each of the stacks to be properly healed to have no loss while they support each others and do the attacking and defending. Quite a hassle in my opinion. And if I were to attempt battles with significantly much higher BP (like deadly or severe difficulty) I may likely suffer some losses. I once fought a quest-related battle with BP difficulty around 30,000 (my BP was much lower) and I won it with just 6 Battle Priests left. Every others are all dead. However with this setting, my Hero can attempt battles with significantly much higher BP without loss and the least hassle. The battles were all done solo too. It's like a world of impossibilities suddenly becomes a possibility. My Hero can now do deadly/severe battles on solo without worries, including that 3-Stage Sandro battle.
    Last edited by Emperor_Dorky; 14.11.15 at 05:24.

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast