Thread: Beastmaster in color.

Server
    DE01

Beastmaster in color.

I just want to suggest putting some distinct color to the Beastmaster title.

Currently the color looks like white/grey/pale and in my opinion is a bit distasteful to use such a color on a title earned from a very tough challenge.

The challenge requires the player to have a perfect army setting for multiple role, such as VIP protection/hostage rescue (protect the Priestess), survival mode, and boss kill, from easy to very tough in a single sitting.

I personally don't know what are the BPs of each battle involved beyond the 1st stage because they are not displayed, but I spent around 6 hours to go through the entire 24 stages, compare to spending probably 30 minutes average to beat a weekly boss. The weekly boss titles are all in green, which is visually distinct. The Beastmaster title on the other hand in white/grey/pale, is not visually distinctive.

On the reward side of things, by the time a player completed a weekly boss, he/she may get a relic artifact, a major artifact, a mana potion, some scrolls, enormous amount of gold, Hero Seals, a title, and huge XP. While for the Stadium of Strife, the player would get several hundreds of wood, few hundreds of metal, few hundreds of crystals, several mana potions, several scrolls, many Dragonsteels, massive XP, and some other fancy stuff like pet and dye. In terms of reward, I think the Stadium of Strife is more rewarding. So if some think that the Beastmaster title is less significant and less challenging than the weekly bosses, then why are we not seeing most players having such Beastmaster title already? Besides, the challenge is far more rewarding, resource-wise. Not to mention I also got the Landslide Victory achievement from the Stadium of Strife because the XP given was massive compare to most other challenges. Of course it took me around 6 hours of continuous play, which halfway through fatigue sets in (additional challenge for the player which is not present in most other challenges including the weekly bosses).

I don't know what is on the minds of the game designers when they decide on the color, but while it is understandable that lesser titles like Master Slayer, King's Slayer and Dragon Slayer in white/grey/pale is appropriate (indicating unfinished challenge), the same is not with the Beastmaster title (completed challenge).

In conclusion, the Beastmaster title was earned from a very tough 6-hour challenge with massive reward of resources and XP vs other challenges that can be accomplished at leisure from time to time (compare to the Stadium of Strife which must be completed in one sitting, no excuse) and yet these other challenges grant titles in distinct color while the Beastmaster title is white/grey/pale as if its recognition is comparable to low-level challenges. If the challenge is not recognized, then why give out massive rewards? And if the challenge is recognized then why put a pale color to the title? This seems like coming out from a contradictory/conflicting mindset of the game designers.

So I wonder if it is an extremely tough, unrealistic, illogical, and nonsensical request to make the Beastmaster title in a more distinct color? Maybe like in gold, or red, or in any other distinct color?

I am a programmer myself and to change such setting is as easy as "color.title = gold", the syntax depending on the programming language. And it does not even take a penny nor a minute of work to do that.

Or is there a very good reason why the color should be in white/grey/pale? I am a very open-minded and liberal person and I only need 1 good reason (just 1, not 2, not 10) to be convinced. Is there any?

Server
    DE01
    Hi Emperor_Dorky,

Thank you for your suggestion. I don't know the reasons behind the current colours, but I have forwarded this suggestion for you now.

Server
    DE01
    Yeah good point.

It is very challenging to get that "Beastmaster" title. Same could apply to "King's Slayer" and "Dragon Slayer".

Server
    DE01
    Nice idea, I think titles from Stadium of Strife could receive a color to gain more prominence, the story titles are green, the shop are blue, the Ashan Tournament is orange and the Council is yellow, maybe a red title of the Stadium would be nice

Server
    DE01
    Yeah, I guess red is distinctive from the rest. Initially, I thought maybe gold is appropriate, but since you mentioned orange and yellow (pardon my lack of knowledge on this), title in gold would confuse the eye. So yeah, red would be distinctive enough from the rest.

Server
    DE01
    Thanks everyone for adding your feedback to this topic.

Server
    DE01
    I just realized red may not be appropriate for the Beastmaster title, because the banner on top of our Hero is also red and this will blend into the banner and we won't be able to see our title clearly at our Hero status.

May have to go for some gold-like color after all.

Server
    DE01
    Or lighter/darker tone of gold.

Server
    DE01
    Beige is good too, like light beige. Compatible with the red banner and distinctive enough from the rest.

Server
    DE01
    Sorry for making too much suggestion.

Maybe purple, the same color as those relic artifacts. Also compatible with the red banner and distinctive enough from the rest.