Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets talk about TRUE pvp

Server
    DE01

Exclamation Lets talk about TRUE pvp

Hi Guys
    Lets talk about TRUE pvp arena experience.

I was always told how unbalanced arena is.
    How impossible is to win match , and how bad experience people have in overall.

My first battle start pretty funny.. Or maybe scary.
    Neither way.. I was simply told to leave by opponent, below exact wording:

"You leave. Not Fight!"
    "You not fight?!"
    "fight"
    "I win"
    (more less exact wording, as is not that easy to repeat kinda broken language )

Pretty shocking, huh?
    How well established player can simply ask me to leave the battle?

During that evening I had quite good experience.
    Fought quite few nice battles, and despite all loudly spread imbalance I managed to take over 1st place in Prospect League.
    Amu is my haven knight hero, and she is not overpowered in any shape or form.
    On the top of that, she has home in guild without shrines.
    So I think is fair to say that everyone have chance to have some fun in pvp matches.
    However I have to say, I did enjoy battles against haven knights most, as we simply fought.. and had great fun with it.
    I have changed army several times, try different tactics, and tried to enjoy myself...

But then...

Darker side of arena appeared.

2 leagues.. But 1 arena..
    As result Poor Amu was killed few times by much stronger, and experienced players from Top League.
    I think that can be 1st big disadvantage, and I can see how that will push Arena n00bs on far end of game, where noone hear about pvp anymore..
    I would feel more comfortable knowing I will not meet Top League players during my first days of Arena experience.

2nd disadvantage - Waiting time.
    I predict is caused by 1st really.. because there is no huge surprise for me, that player who met those few monster Players on arena ground won't be keen to return in any nearest future. So we running up in circles now. Players are mixed up, those who entering pvp word meeting those who already gathered experience and skills on this ground, and chances to enjoy equal match dropping really low

I entered arena yesterday.
    It took me many hours to gather 800 points, and between some hours I had no fights at all, so as result 3 times in a row I met with same player.
    I think this is direct road to 3rd, and biggest disadvantage - unethical players, no real rules of conduct, or simply lack of any sort of common sense and understanding of fair play.
    And when you found opponent rude enough to not even say hi, then problems starts.

Battle start being terrible..
    Sometimes you are called names, sometimes you are told you are funny coz you had no chance to win (I assume, then you shouldn't even try), sometimes you simply being told to leave like it happened to me
    Then...
    Your opponent begun Sanctuary / Guardian Angel Show..
    And in case you don't understand.. He start casting Sanctuary spell, then scroll, then Guardian Angle spell, and roll over (not cool)
    No matter you are knight, might, or flying pig.. Once Show has started, there will be no end.

So yeah I started this thread to poof something, to see if pvp can be fun..and how we as players could improve that part of game for ourselves.
    And to ring the bell, so maybe we could discuss things here on the forum, where players from many communities and guilds can chat openly together.

I hope you will find this interesting, and for sure worth discussion.
    I have far more observations from day 2.. so lets get this thread rolling

Yours,
    (\x/)
    ( . . )
    c(x)(x)PinkRabbit

If You Change Nothing,
    Nothing Will Change

PinkRabbit / x__X / Amu_Chan

Server
    DE01
    Me again

Few more notes, and some conclusions from yesterday.

Day 2 was nowhere as rewarding as day 1.
    What was happening plunge far beyond my expectations, and understanding of fair play gaming.

I met a creature who combine all disadvantages I mentioned yesterday, plus far more.
    He was rude, arrogant and deprived of any rules.
    Moreover he managed to rise aggression even in myself (and that is like World Cup Championship to achieve), so I decided to write my yesterday’s post while he waiting for match to be ended.
    Luckily I was prepared to meet players like that, and saved by nice conversation after (not with him of course).

I know I should not do that..
    But he deserved that..
    He deserved to be banned from pvp in my eyes. (My personal opinion.. sorry for being brutally honest)
    Arena is a matching battlefield, but also is a place where we should have fun..
    Not a place where we seek for lost brain cells, or being squashed by overgrown ego.

Anyway…
    Problem begun little earlier, when I logged into game.
    I was leaving at around 4am in the morning, with 854 points for me, and just over 1200 points for Person who was leading in Top League.
    I checked ranking first thing after login (around 4pm in afternoon)
    ……… and shock
    League is taken over by 2 players with amount of points simply unreal!!

The battles I have experienced today were depressing.
    4 times I had to bear with The Sanctuary Show Master.
    And all turn into hateful matches soon as I asked, how is possible he made so many points overnight (during our 1st match around 4:10pm)
    Then during following hour I had 21 declined matches. And hour later La Sanctuary Kingu again…

Then I was matched against other monster players from Top League, and although they were really nice and chatty, I felt like my already thinned army crumbling under power of their magic.

Between 4 and 10pm, I had one match with reasonable opponent, who equal mine xp and class of my hero.
    Between 4pm and midnight, I had uncountable set of “Opponent declined the duel”” pop ups

So I feel puzzled.
    How is possible I cannot find anyone to play against while other players getting numbers and numbers of points in the very same time.
    And something I didn’t mention at all..
    How come Prospect League winner gets 1000 seals for all those battles against Top players, while Top League gets 10x more (10 000 seals o_O )?

Conclusions from day 2:

Leagues should be managed in far better way
    Perhaps no mixing matches, so Prospect players cannot be conquered by Top League
    Longer Cap on counterpart same players. I would go wild and say at least 24 hrs if not entire season to play against same face.
    Get those prices a bit more equal PLEASE

Day ended with following scores:

I haven’t move far.. but I’ve made 2 new friends

Quality^^

(\ /)
    ( . . )
    O(“)(“)PinkRabbit

Please note I cut all names from print screens, and I didn’t use any particular names in the post.
    This threadt is to encourage people to play PvP and understand how those battles works.

If You Change Nothing,
    Nothing Will Change

PinkRabbit / x__X / Amu_Chan

Server
    DE01
    PvP is broken and needs a major rehaul. There are several problems and the cleric permanent sancuary is just one of them.
    I have the feeling most people just lost hope and thus dont even suggest urgently needed changes anymore.
    Things like 2 vs 2 pvp on a random map would have so much potential to finance this game due to real competition...

Server
    DE01
    First time I went to pvp I've got my first fight against the Top League player too, had no chance whatsoever lol

But what caught my attention here, is the huge difference between the points.
    I was looking today and the first and second just got even bigger, with a huge questionable (to say the least) amount of points.

1st place 7,1k points
    2nd place 6,9k points
    3rd place didn't change much and 4th place that seems to start the "real" values, 660

I wonder why such huge difference of points, cauz I don't really believe that is only 3 people playing PvP...

Doesn't smell like fair play, something is going on there

Server
    DE01
    sorry the double post, but I have no choice since we don't have an "edit" button here lol

To think about what I meant, consider this "imaginary exercise"

What would you think if you look into "Expert Battle Rank" for example, seeing everyone with 70-100 battles and the 3 first places with 700+ ... would feel kinda weird and make people wonder how they've got such massive amount of battles and why only them....

Is what I feel with those points for this season .... it's just 3 people in the whole server that knows how the play PvP and everyone else just sucks or is something else going on?

Server
    DE01
    Last week I was pushing for the first place in the PvP arena and I was first the whole week and had over 2.5k points more than the second guy(tuesday evening). So, at like 23:00PM I made the difference even bigger, let's say 3k, and after that I went to bed. Woken up very early. Was like 6PM and the next thing you know I am on second place! Like Wabbit said, I had many many declined duels, and difference between the first guy and me was over 1k now. Stopped there, sorry for the language but this is really pissing me off!!

Server
    DE01
    Another big issue putting off a lot of players that might otherwise enjoy PvP is that you take losses there. I can't think of any reason why this is the case, perhaps the first step towards actually getting people to play PvP is to take out the massive costs that come with it?

Server
    DE01
    First battle , met a cleric player use sanctuary on pitlord , I retreat in rounds 5 for 23 points
    2nd battle , met a necro player with omg magic power , try def in 5 rounds for 23 points
    3rd battle , met a dark knight player , lost 3 stacks in round 1 , lost 2 stacks in round 2 , 0 points .Then i go sleep , wake up , look ranking and stop find pvp )

Server
    DE01
    Quote Originally Posted by upjyb View Post
    Another big issue putting off a lot of players that might otherwise enjoy PvP is that you take losses there. I can't think of any reason why this is the case, perhaps the first step towards actually getting people to play PvP is to take out the massive costs that come with it?
    That could turn out to be a really great incentive for new PvP players to play more than a few battles and quit. Keeping more people playing PvP can make it more fun as well.

Server
    DE01
    PvP is currently dominated by players that invite friends and they just throw the fight to give them points to get the reward at the end of each saison.
    So what you see is a battle between two persons on who has the biggest support for their run for the title.
    It has absolutely NOTHING to do with skill or true PvP fights. PvP might be fun if two new players (by chance) face each other, once you get more experienced its just frustrating and the opposite of fun, balance or true competition.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast