Reply to Thread

Thread: Necro magic best skills for lvl 30?

Server
    DE01

Exclamation Necro magic best skills for lvl 30?

Ok i am a new lvl 30 and i am wondering which 16skill are best for necro magic?
    (creating list blow i had in mind, that i will be using army consist of all or mostly archliches)

I know which one are for sure:

- Soul mark (for decresing resistance, must have once per round)
    - Slow (important in strategy so creatures dont come fast to your units)
    - Night shroud (same reason as slow)
    - Torpor (stuns unit for 2 rounds, very usefull)
    - Warlords command ( so your unit has 2 turns in one round, better then any dmg skill in higher lvls)
    - Reinforcements (Increases numbers of your choosed unit)
    - Rush (For avoiding or getting to enemie units faster. Must have in coop boss battles)

This 7 are simply must have. But I was wondering what are the other 9?

My thinking which one other ones are good:

- Reanimate core (simply to get to reanimate elite)
    - Reanimate Elite (for curing your liches)
    - Raise dead (better healing abilities after each enemie unit dies)
    - Life drain ( helps healing your units)
    - Curse of the netherworld (dmgs all enemie units and heal all of your units, helpful if more of your units are dmged)
    - Dispel magic (usefull sometime in some boss battles)
    - Mass weakness ( decent dmg lowered to enemie if u cant avoid getting hit)
    - For whom the bell tolls ( usefull if u have some strong but slow enemy stack - then good if used in 1st round and u can avoid contact with that unit for 5 rounds)
    - Block (semi usefull if u cant avoid getting hit)
    - Empowered bolt (only to get to arcane blast)
    - Arcane blast ( very useful skill in lower lvls, but higher dark knight lvl u are it becomes less and less usefull (cause of low relative dmg), specially if u consider u need to invest 2 points to get it)

Not usefull in my oppinion:
    - Feble mind (didnt find many enemie units where this would acctualy come handy)
    - Mass coruption (units in pvp rarely heal so its not usefull in pve in my oppinion, unless u are a pvp freak)¸
    - Agony ( not really useful, dmg is to low)
    - Purge ( i think u should have only one dispel spell, I already choosed dispel magic so this one is useless)
    - Purge Nova (same as listed above)
    - Overwhelm (As high dark knight lvl u will be more and more leaning towards using only liches so not worth it. I didnt find it very usefull even in lower lvls)
    - Vengeance ( same as listed above, maybe more usefull in lower lvls, laterz i wouldnt wanna loose a point in it)
    - Pursuit ( we wanna keep enemies at long range, not close, dont find it useful)
    - Interdiction (might be usefull if u would use bait vampire or lamas, but in higher lvls, one hit will kill more and more of your units so i dont like the idea of it)

Not sure about this skills:

- Reap magic (Not sure how usefull this skill really is cause i never tryed it, can anyone tell me if its any good?)
    - Rouse ( i am not sure if any unit is worth it, dont know exactly if it would come handy to faceless or not)
    - Painfull blood ( i saw some ppl use it and does tons of dmg with it. But is it maybe only might heroes? Is it any good for magic necro? I tried to use it but didnt looked good to me)

Server
    DE01
    Painful bond, I think you mean. And it's epic.

Painful bond shares whatever is cast on that unit with others, be it damage or debuffs. This alone is great. There's more, though.

If you have an enemy with painful bond and put that enemy under your control, you can share buffs with your own creatures. (Not sure how the unit is callled that can put them under your control, but it's out there and it's purple.. You fight them on whispering winds map and can own them late-game).

So, painful bond is a skill you can use in certain circumstances, be it early game easy-farming or late game with the right setup, to reinforce all your troops and cast warlords command on all of your troops.

Server
    DE01
    Tantarell, I have a necromancer level 30/52, with T13 and raid level 30 .... so I did a lot of different battles with him, I can give you some advice...

Your "must-have" list is just perfect... now about the others...

Both Heals, Life Drain and Dispel are very good choices.

Curse of the Netherworld you can live without, but is an awesome heal .... I recommend you to get it.

For Whom the Bell Tolls you can also live without, but you can do nice combos together with Fate Weavers (using their special ability "Time Flows") .... get this if you plan to do raids and high level expedition fights (some special fights are easily done that way, like undead, defense and ranged trials)

Mass Weakness It seems to be a good choice at first, but as you get stronger you'll use less and less (I still have it ... sometimes I regret tho )

Empowered Bolt Good one if you plan to make the standard stat build with your gear (High Might + High Magic values)

Arcane Blast Same as above, but this one it's kinda more of a personal choice for each one, some people like, some don't .... (I don't have this one)

Block I have this one as my personal choice .. it's like an "emergency button" for me .... saved me a lot of times against huge stacks that I couldn't kill in time or avoid being hit by .... it's not mandatory, and most people don't have it .... you can skip this one if you want.

Rouse This one can jump into the "must-have" group if you start playing a lot with Drifting Faceless and Tranquility Guardians. Together with rouse scroll, you can reset twice each 4 rounds ... however, it's not mandatory as part of your 16 abilities, as Dragon Knight you'll get 4 more ability points .... I recommend you to get this one at DK lvl 25 or 50.

Painful Bond It can also jump to "must-have" group if you plan to do raids and expedition fights .... excellent ability for light, darkness and magic trials. You can share damage between the enemies, but you can't share debuffs (unless they also do damage, like Agony ability). You really can reinforce all your troops using Drifting Faceless together with Painful Bond .... but you can't share warlord's command or share any other ability.

Reap Magic Never really tested this one, but since it's based on "Heroic Support", instead of "Magic" doesn't seem to worth that much ... and I still have never seen anyone using it.

Mass Corruption, Agony, Purge and Purge Nova They are PvP abilities, seems to be good for that aspect, but I'm not a PvP expert, so you may want to get another opinion for those 4 from someone who actually plays PvP.

Feeble Mind This one is very situational, excellent skill when you face Stone Angels and Elite Griffins .... I recommend to skip for now and get as one of your last abilities at DK lvl 75 or 100 .... you can pretty much live without it.

The rest seems pretty useless on my eyes .... Overwhelm and Vengeance are like above, situational and personal choices ... if you plan to get, do it as high level DK 75 or 100. (I don't have any of those)
    Leraf Necromancer - level 30 (78)
    Lerafy Cleric - level 30 (21)

Guild FurElise

Server
    DE01
    Quote Originally Posted by Leraf View Post
    Painful Bond It can also jump to "must-have" group if you plan to do raids and expedition fights .... excellent ability for light, darkness and magic trials. You can share damage between the enemies, but you can't share debuffs (unless they also do damage, like Agony ability). You really can reinforce all your troops using Drifting Faceless together with Painful Bond .... but you can't share warlord's command or share any other ability.
    Wait what? Isn't it cheating anymore, according to you? Too funny.

Server
    DE01
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezinterijus View Post
    Wait what? Isn't it cheating anymore, according to you? Too funny.
    You really love me, don't you? :P

But let's not spam the thread .... it's not yours, neither mine .... and I think personal disputes can be done in private, isn't?
    Leraf Necromancer - level 30 (78)
    Lerafy Cleric - level 30 (21)

Guild FurElise

Server
    DE01
    "Painful Bond It can also jump to "must-have" group if you plan to do raids and expedition fights .... excellent ability for light, darkness and magic trials. You can share damage between the enemies, but you can't share debuffs (unless they also do damage, like Agony ability). You really can reinforce all your troops using Drifting Faceless together with Painful Bond .... but you can't share warlord's command or share any other ability."
    Hi Leraf, it is interesting to know that we can reinforce all troops. Must try this when I have Drifting Faceless
    Last edited by minhminh81; 12.04.16 at 09:25.

Server
    DE01
    For necro you don't need empowered bolt and arcane blast. Also, block is not important, you can buy cheap scrolls if you need it. So, you can choose something else instead.
    My advice :
    painful bond MUST HAVE - for fighting magic challenges in raids, for mastering heroic battles against corrupted haven, for mass reinforce with faceless.
    agony, nice to have
    rouse, nice to have
    feeble mind, nice to have.
    My abilities (17 points, for the next ability I'll take rouse)

Prime: Soul Mark, Dispel Magic, Slow
    Necromancy: Reanimate Core, Reanimate Elite, Raise Dead, Life Drain, Curse of the Netherworld, Painful Bond (all, except Corruption Mass)
    Darkness: Torpor, Weakness Mass, Agony, Night Shroud, For Whom the Bells Tolls
    Warfare: Warlord's Command, Reinforcements
    Offence: Rush
    Defence: none

Server
    DE01
    Quote Originally Posted by tantarell View Post
    Ok i am a new lvl 30 and i am wondering which 16skill are best for necro magic?
    Leraf already did a good analysis, but I want to add some comments.

OK, the first 7 are a must,

+ Reanimate Elite should be a must, if you use mainly archliches.
    + Raise Dead is useful to increase healing.
    + Reanimate Core could be unused, if you don't use core units, but you need to learn it before Reanimate Elite.

The only way to heal champion units are Life Drain, Curse of Netherworld and Scroll of Regeneration: Fate Spinner/Weaver, or event creatures like Drifting Faceless.
    These 2 spells also allow to heal core and elite units, and Curse can be handy to deal some damage to all enemies.
    + Life Drain.
    + Curse of Netherworld.

+ Dispel is very useful in a lot circumstances.
    - Mass Weakness is a waste, in my oppinion; if you play to get zero or few casualties better plan how to avoid enemy reaching you. It could be useful if you use cannon fodder or blocking tactics.
    / For Whom the Bells Toll: I agree with Leraf it can be useful on hard battles, specially in combo with Fate Weavers, but you can live without that skill.
    - Block can be useful if you use cannon fodder or blocking tactics; if you use it on few times, chose a scroll instead.

Direct damage spells are not powerful enough to compensate. If you have free room for some skills, maybe Empowered Bolt, as 30 mana points is ok to deal some more damage than with default attack Arcane Bolt (Arcane Blast cost 120 mana points). Agony also is not powerful.
    / Empowered Bolt.
    - Arcane Blast.
    - Agony.

Feeble Mind can be useful on some circumstances, but it would be one of my last skills to get if I play a mage.
    - Feeble Mind.

Mass Corruption is not just for PVP, it can be useful also for some PVE battles, but not worth in my oppinion; besides decreasing healing on enemies, it avoids to cast any buff on them.
    - Mass Corruption.

Purge could be useful to remove a buff from an enmy without removing debuffs (like soulmark), so you could save dispel to use in your own units. However I think it is not worth. Purge Nova also not worth.
    - Purge.
    - Purging Nova.

Overwhelm is useful only in melee, so not worth to get the skill for a mage with liches. However, if you use Drifting Faceless you can use Overwhelm on mind pierced units to avoid retaliation, so you can still control the unit for 1 more action. I use scrolls for that.
    / Overwhelm.

Vengeance, Pursuit and Interdiction are not worth, if you plan to use mainly liches.
    - Vengeance.
    - Pursuit.
    - Interdiction.

Reap Magic is a waste. It increases the damage you deal with a single stack, depending on how many spells (buffs and debuffs) are active on that unit.
    - Reap Magic.

Rouse should be included on the "must-have" group. I use these a lot, from skill and from scrolls. Just with town units maybe useful for Fate Spinners/Weavers and Ghost/Specters, but the very good uses are with event creatures (like Leraf said, you will love it with Drifting Faceless and Tranquility Guardians). You also can use it for your partner's units, while in coop.
    + Rouse.

Painful Bond also should be included on the "must-have" group. Besides the reinforcement in combo with Mind Piercing (even if it is your partner who uses Faceless you can reinforce his/her army), it is worth to do Darkness/Light/Magic trials in raids and expeditions. Also useful some times while all enemies are still undefended (in round 1 if you have initiative), more if the battle is easy (you can finish faster: Painful Bond + Rush, and later Curse and finish).
    + Painful Bond.

Your 7 must-have: Soul mark, Slow, Night Shroud, Torpor, Warlord's Command, Reinforcements, Rush.
    My 8 additional: Reanimate Core, Reanimate Elite, Raise Dead, Life Drain, Curse of Netherworld, Dispel, Rouse, Painful Bond.
    The remaining skill point I recommend to spend on For Whom the Bells Toll.
    You get additional skill points at Dragon Knight level 25, 50, 75 and 100. My first point would be for Empowered Bolt.

Just 250 seals are needed to reset skills, but if you spend 749 seals on a 30 days license, you can test all skills before deciding.

Server
    DE01
    Nice analysis, +1 Gwenie

Reply to Thread