Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Bugged Gate

Server
    DE01
    Quote Originally Posted by Komaschelle View Post
    do this eraya.........maybe it could be a sign that there is someone who really works on all that problems.
    i have zero plan of programming,but i think when they really want they can make it in the lunchbreak within 5 minutes.
    hope dies last!!!
    I'm a professional software engineer for the last 7 years, with 12 years of programming before that.
    Nothing is done in 5 minutes in a big company. It's not because it can't be done, it's because there is a (useless) process associated with it, which takes 99% of the time.
    However, regardless of efficiency, in order to get anything done, one needs a plan. I.e. someone has to commit to accomplish something in a certain period of time. If this doesn't happen, nothing gets done.
    I never saw a roadmap of things to be done anywhere on the forum or the website. Road map is commitment, not promises (I heard some "secret" features are coming "soon"), usually in a format of feature X by end of March etc.

Server
    DE01
    dear neolisk...
    i am sure that you could manage it in 3 minutes if you had the ok from the management.
    btw maybe YOU have some professional tips for them to solve all this sh.... which happens.
    pls help if you can

Server
    DE01
    Quote Originally Posted by Neolisk View Post
    I never saw a roadmap of things to be done anywhere on the forum or the website. Road map is commitment, not promises (I heard some "secret" features are coming "soon"), usually in a format of feature X by end of March etc.
    There were those. A year ago.

http://blog.heroes-online.com/

And not only on this abandoned blog, I remember they kept updating us about upcoming guild province and expeditions every week on forums and everywhere, what has been done, what is planned, etc. And now the last "new version" was deployed last August I believe, with a few tiny "bug fixes" that did not fix anything, so it's half a year of dead silence.

Let's not kid ourselves, this game is not being developed anymore, nor anyone plans to do so. Besides a few attempts to attract new players, like Steam app, Kongregate, Armour games - dunno if somewhere else - the game is completed from the developers point of view, and for end-game players nothing new will be added ever.

And I respect that nobody tries to lie to us and promise us things, that "x is being planned", "we are working", thank you at least for being honest, community managers.

Sad to say, that the game with such a potential didn't realize even 10% of it.

Server
    DE01
    Quote Originally Posted by Komaschelle
    btw maybe YOU have some professional tips for them to solve all this sh.... which happens.
    Let's have a roadmap, for all players to see clearly how much BB plans to invest in this game.
    Another way - launch a kickstarter campaign, introduce new creatures, better balance etc and give founders incentive, which could range from seals to expedition resources, new creatures and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezinterijus View Post

a few attempts to attract new players, like Steam app, Kongregate, Armour games - dunno if somewhere else - the game is completed from the developers point of view.
    There you go! Thanks for bringing me up to speed. I haven't been a member for that long.
    If the game is completed and bugged, usually, there are certain incentives for players to stay.

What about giving everyone who is lvl 30 100 free seals every day + 10 seals for each DK level?
    Free event creatures (for example, 1 stack of any event creature for free, during the event)?
    There is potentially a lot of free stuff to give away to keep people in, despite the hardships.

And then maybe one day someone decides to step in and make things better.

Server
    DE01
    Hey,

just wanted to add my perspective and share some thoughts to get this topic going and for you to see that we care.
    What you guys usually get on forums is negative feedback, so now, let me add positive ones instead.

This game is awesome. I remember progressing on story quests the first time, making friends, fighting alongside each other, hunting for Tikaar's set... Fun fun fun times. (I did not manage to lay my hands on "Asha's Will" ever since though )

Keep on going, give us more fun, warriors of MMHO are standing by your side!

As I mentioned in a separate post, let us know if we can help anyway with testing (Yes, you can get workforce for free of charge) , providing feedback about flaws and glitches, ideas that we players could add.

Supa
    SupaSaiyajin // SupaGoku // SupaVegeta // SupaGohan

Server
    DE01
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezinterijus View Post

And not only on this abandoned blog, I remember they kept updating us about upcoming guild province and expeditions every week on forums and everywhere, what has been done, what is planned, etc. And now the last "new version" was deployed last August I believe, with a few tiny "bug fixes" that did not fix anything, so it's half a year of dead silence.

Let's not kid ourselves, this game is not being developed anymore, nor anyone plans to do so. Besides a few attempts to attract new players, like Steam app, Kongregate, Armour games - dunno if somewhere else - the game is completed from the developers point of view, and for end-game players nothing new will be added ever.

And I respect that nobody tries to lie to us and promise us things, that "x is being planned", "we are working", thank you at least for being honest, community managers.

Sad to say, that the game with such a potential didn't realize even 10% of it.
    As much as it pains me to agree with you (and it does) you are 100% right and what is sad is this game does have the potential to be a great game... it seems they keep shooting themselves in the foot they came out with a slim browser and you can only use it with a ubi.facebook and I think google but people on other portals can't use it like steam or Kongregate
    and now gates are getting bugged and we are getting hit with session is invalid and even though you can still get back on it's just a matter of time before you are knocked off and to be honest it's getting to the point why even bother to try it's beyond sad that we seem to be the only people that see what this game can be and you would think the people that run this game would see this very sad

Server
    DE01
    @neolisk
    i mean to solve all the bugproblems etc.....not some new ideas to keep the game alive.they got hundreds of them in the last two years,but no one was realized. not even the easiest one :
    adequate rewards!!!

Server
    DE01
    Hi everyone,

All goat jokes aside, I will of course forward all of your feedback regarding the bugged gates, the state of the game and the requests for roadmaps. So please keep the feedback and suggestions coming.

Server
    DE01
    Quote Originally Posted by Komaschelle View Post
    @neolisk
    i mean to solve all the bugproblems etc.....not some new ideas to keep the game alive.they got hundreds of them in the last two years,but no one was realized. not even the easiest one :
    adequate rewards!!!
    There is a simple solution to frequent hangs, called timeouts.
    I.e. if something isn't working, say, for 3 seconds (and it normally works in under 0.1sec, read: instantly), reload relevant parts of the application, and retry the action.
    Without you having to reload browser and/or tab with heroes in it, have the game do it automatically for you, except in most cases there is probably no need to reload "everything".

Server
    DE01
    thank you very much neolisk.
    that was something concret.maybe it was a small light in the devs heads which will bring some shine in their darkness. :P
    if you have more of this please post them all.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast