Thread: Headless Horseman

Server
    DE01

Wink Headless Horseman

Hi ^^

Do you remember maybe, great Burton's creation Sleepy Hollow? (...)
    Well I do feel like Headles Horseman sometimes..
    Not so bad feeling, but feels like No head.. no Future

All creatures run away from map when they see me o.O (you never feel so lonely in battle till this happen)

And atmosphere become a bit .. ghostly transparent

But on serious matter
    Anyone know why this is happening?
    It does happen now and then, I like to play on different browsers, and always looking for best light engine.
    But losing enemies and troops visibility is not great fun.
    I can only add that game is still playable with those transparent troops, they move, they kill and they die..
    Just more in a russian roulette manner than M&M concept.

I will be grateful for any help

Regards,

(\x/)
    ( , ,)
    o(")(") PinkRabbit

If You Change Nothing,
    Nothing Will Change

PinkRabbit / x__X / Amu_Chan

Server
    DE01
    Just start a new tab and launch the game there when it happens, instead of refreshing and risking losing troops.

Server
    DE01
    always happening to me too... and always when event comes in town... laggy as hell, refresh every 5 min...

Server
    DE01
    Guys thank you.. but screens and issue have nothing to do with event.
    It is issue I start facing after last patch (loooong time ago)
    All 3 screens has been taken after I duplicate the tab.
    Headless Horseman tend to appear after refresh or/and tab duplication - rarerly on it's own (so the issue is kind of result of frozen screen or bad lag if that make sense...)

Gutted :/

(\ /)
    (_ _)
    o(")(") PinkRabbit

If You Change Nothing,
    Nothing Will Change

Server
    DE01
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteRabbit View Post
    Guys thank you.. but screens and issue have nothing to do with event.
    It is issue I start facing after last patch (loooong time ago)
    All 3 screens has been taken after I duplicate the tab.
    Headless Horseman tend to appear after refresh or/and tab duplication - rarerly on it's own (so the issue is kind of result of frozen screen or bad lag if that make sense...)
    If you use chrome check:
    --disable-gpu-memory-buffer-compositor-resources

and may be one of gpu-program-cache switch

Server
    DE01
    Quote Originally Posted by aginco View Post
    If you use chrome check:
    --disable-gpu-memory-buffer-compositor-resources

and may be one of gpu-program-cache switch
    Although this sound a bit like Chinese to me I will try to fix Chrome.
    However issue affects every browser I use..

Plus still I have no answer what it is, and why it's happening

(\ /)
    ( _ _)
    o(")(") PinkRabbit

If You Change Nothing,
    Nothing Will Change

Server
    DE01
    Since it is a technical issue it is really hard to say, but it sounds as if some graphical assets are not loading correctly for you after a refresh. Does this also happen when you do the refresh in the current tab and not open new tabs?

Might be a worth a shot to check into Google's hardware acceleration setting:

You can add a command to the Chrome shortcut command-line. With "--disable-accelerated-2d-canvas" you disable hardware acceleration and set Chrome into a software accelerated mode, which might help in your case. (This can also be adjusted directly in Chrome's settings (under advanced settings almost all the way down to the bottom).)

Server
    DE01
    I have 2 ideas what is happening when something is broken with graphics (I had tiles without content in my browser or zoomed old content and sometimes not visible chars too)

1st - it is some problem in bitmap management may be in a flash or browser or some part of the code or graphics driver
    2nd - it is problem with the code which is waiting for only part of bitmaps

these switches can correct some situations. if the problem is with some bitmaps in the cache destroying wait time of loading others cache resources should help
    if the problem is on a graphics driver side disabling acceleration can help.

it is also possible there are some races between threads which are badly synced and gpu-program-cache switch can help in that situation.

I have many problems with net transfers (chat, google, fb accounts, other tabs) so it seems game is expecting some net responses in a time/sequence which is destroyed by a browser handling many other net transfers in the mean time. It is not only problem of chrome. I was checking IE, chrome, chromium in the past years and most "fixes" are based on my believe "code" have some problems with syncing of threads, net transfers.

I am not sure is it a problem with a game, with a flash or with a documentation of them.
    I think many people are checking these problems even if Blue Byte have none for this task.
    If miracle happen it can be I will go back to my young years and start debugging these problems in a more professional way not only in guessing what can be wrong and trying end user work arrounds.