Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: PVP: Sanctuary / Scrolls / Potions: It must stop.

Server
    DE01
    Quote Originally Posted by REload455ed View Post
    I am agree with everybody "+1"
    I am heaven Knight never win vs Cleric if cleric have Sanctuary !!!!
    U can win, but very hard and u need scroll, poition, t13 items etc.... and u need specific monster....

*1 with all

Server
    DE01
    I have played in PvP both as a Death Knight and a Cleric and while I agree that Sanctuary being used by a Cleric can be annoying, I have to respectfully disagree with the idea of removing this ability.

It can be beaten. For one thing, not all who try to use this technique have the timing right. They make one mistake and it’s over. For those who do have their timing down-pat, this is a skill they have perfected. That is not the same as a “bug” or a “cheat”. And even then, there ARE counter-measures. You will have to be thoughtful and plan ahead - brute force doesn't always work here - but that’s what PvP is about.

In addition, and more importantly for me, I suspect there is too much work involved in restricting a skill from PvP alone. So, removing Sanctuary + Scrolls + Potions from PvP may get these abilities removed from PvE, as well. Luckily, for that reason, it is unlikely there will be any such change.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitra View Post
    .... I never see people complain when you face someone that does not have tier 13 items and does not have the same might as them and they are destroyed by a more powerful opponent!! To me, that is also unfair and of course if it's not one thing it would be another...
    I agree with this statement, too. New PvPers are pitted against more experienced heroes with better gear and better troops all the time, regardless of battle rank or league. You could easily be a level 28 and face a T13-geared level 30.

If the game were to remove these above abilities, it is a safe bet that some other hero class using some other creature or ability would be the next one targeted as having an unfair advantage.

If we were voting here, mine would be to leave the sanctuary, plus scrolls, plus potions as they are.

Server
    DE01
    I agree with everything that was said.

Nitra is also right, but we have to solve problems one after one, small victories after small victories. If the sanctuary is removed, it will be a victory, then we will to do better.

I sent a complete file to the support with the problems of potions and scrolls. See things gradually.

+1

Server
    DE01
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleska View Post
    We fought for 1 hour and 30 minutes and 20 rounds to fight (to be bored), if I had not surrended we could play for days and nights, or more if each player had hundreds of scrolls and hundreds of potions. An endless battle...
    Some people would like to remove invulnerability in PVP, while some other enjoy the use or scrolls/potions and see sanctuary just as a tactic.
    However, 90 minutes for a single PVP combat and still not finished seems to me like a problem.
    I propose that after certain amount of time or certain amount of rounds, the server evaluate the remaining life points of both players (or the normal way of calculating the battle power) and compare it:
    - If the ratio is above certain amount, a player win.
    - If the ratio is under that amount (both players have similar BP/Life), it is a draw.

Server
    DE01
    That is an interesting idea, Gwenie, thanks for sharing

It would also add an incentive to win the battle as fast as possible.

I will forward this to the devs as a suggestion.

Server
    DE01
    If i understand what you say BB_Wolfberry, you propose to make to win the fight as quickly as possible. But this is not a good idea, it goes the opposite of what to do.

The battles are won at a phenomenal speed, in one round you can win against any player who does not use sanctuary, Blessed or Thunderbirds.

One round!

This is the total imbalance of PVP, three examples:

My username online is "Vanguard791".

*** First example: I play full scrolls with 4382 magic / My opponent play towns creatures without scrolls:

http://nsa38.casimages.com/img/2016/...2227176304.png

*** Second example: I play full scrolls + 2 Thunderbirds / My opponent play towns creatures without scrolls:

http://nsa37.casimages.com/img/2016/...2342577638.png

*** Third example: I play towns creatures without scrolls / My opponent play full scrolls + 1 Thunderbird:

http://nsa37.casimages.com/img/2016/...2612432400.png

This is only the first round in each example. It's over before it began...

So the goal is not to accelerate the pace of the fight but to rebalance the powers. We need to change things step by step.

Watch on youtube ASHAN championship. You will see three things:

* 1: Players are mages

* 2: Thunderbirds are devastating

* 3: Players use more scrolls than their abilities

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...CO+vs+_AGRAIL_

if the link not work, put in youtube: FCCO vs _AGRAIL_

We can even bet that the winner of the next tournament will play with:

*** Offensive strategy: Full Thunderbirds Or 1 Blessed + Thunderbirds.

*** Défenvise strategy: 1 Blessed + 1 Elder + Pretorians.

Other creatures become weak and useless because of that.

There are many things to change, but we must go step by step.

Server
    DE01
    Maybe simplest idea to improve PVP is prohibit to use scrolls there? Then w/o scrolls of sanctuary clerics cant use sanctuary permanently and their enemies will have a bit more chances to win

Server
    DE01
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleska View Post

There are many things to change, but we must go step by step.
    I totally second that Aleska

And no, I did not mean, to win as fast as possible to result in one round battles, sorry if I worded it misleading. I rather meant to avoid 90 min + battles in a decent way.

Server
    DE01
    Ok, I understand, I just want us to have the best chance of our side for a better PVP

Server
    DE01
    I suggested it in some other place but not on an english HO forum.

I think that "rounding" pvp is important but if BB have some problems with it I prefer they would do 2x2 fights in the mean time.

It could be hard to start out of random people I think it should start a little like in a mail-chess. Tandem should be time synced via mail or in some other way/they should know who oponent will be.

I think it can also be made with a list of tandems and players choosing theirs oponents on their own. Possible no ranking and win giving bonus based on a number of creature killed in the battle or sth.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast