Thread: [bug] Necrmancer's painful bond

Server
    DE01

[bug] Necrmancer's painful bond

I haven't tested all scenarios however I'm pretty sure it doesn't work as intended.

The damage isn't calculated properly for example:
    If I cast it to a creature stack with 0% resist and there is only 1 other stack with 90% resist. It works as a buff, because somehow the stack without resist's also will receive reduced damage which is only 5% of the normal damage.
    Also in this case I'm not sure if the 90% damage reduction should apply to the other stack at all, but the first stack shouldn't get deffense bonus by this spell.

Another thing which I found with this spel if there is a stack with low numbers.
    For example if the enemy has a stack of 10 skeletons and an other stack of 100 skeleton. I cast the painful bond on the bigger stack, than attack it, with a big enough army to destroy the 100 skeleton with one strike, somehow only 10 dies because the other stack of 10 died. Then I find myself against 90 skeleton.

Also the damage which I'll deal to the stack isn't shown properly, it shows how much damage I'll do if painful bond isn't active. So I'll only know exactly how much damage I'll deal to that stack if I already dealt it or calculate it myself.

Server
    DE01
    Hi Drekandros,

Thank you for sharing this information with us, I will pass it on to the appropriate team.

Server
    DE01
    Would be nice for BB to provide clarification on how this is supposed to work _now_, before and if ever anything is changed.

@Drekandros: My opinion - damage should be equally split between other stacks, regardless of their defense.
    So the only defense that matter is the one of the controlled stack. So you do exact same dmg, but maybe when cast on low defense stack, gives you advantage in battle. Just another tactics to use, which I haven't seen being used much, probably because it does not work as intended.

Server
    DE01
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekandros View Post
    If I cast it to a creature stack with 0% resist and there is only 1 other stack with 90% resist. It works as a buff, because somehow the stack without resist's also will receive reduced damage which is only 5% of the normal damage.
    Yes, I faced this bug too. The painful bond will always use the highest resistance among all the stacks.

It can be tested by painful bonding a enemy and mind control it. After mind control, if I let one of my stack defend instead of wait, all my stack will suffer much less damage from painful bond.

So it is more likely a defense skill not an offense skill...

Server
    DE01
    what im writing now is what i think. im not 100% sure that its right.
    i dont think you are talking about a bug, but this is a hard spell to figure out.

your first point was about the reduction of damage. i figured that the resistance of all creatures is more like summed up then average. you can see on light or darkness trials. you will do more damage to an indevidual creature when attacking pb, even though logic suggest that the damage will be lower. therfore if you have 8 enemys with 0% and 1 with 40% i belive the resistance will be something like 40%.

your second point was about a small stacks that dies while a big stacks dont get any damage. as far as i understand the most of the damage went for the stack that died. it could go the other way around and the small stack survives while the big one dies.

for the third i think that the damage does shown. it shows the damage you will deall if all other stacks has 0%. the how many will you kill is obviously incorect because not all the damage goes to the same stacks.

hopes that helps and sorry for bad english

Server
    DE01
    Quote Originally Posted by liorm13 View Post
    your first point was about the reduction of damage. i figured that the resistance of all creatures is more like summed up then average.
    It make sense, maybe the painful bond works fine.

Maybe we feel it is a bug, simply because we don't understand how it works.

Server
    DE01
    I like bond as it is. The randomness of damage is part of the learning curve. Pointedly, you have to learn the best stack to target for maximum distribution of damage, without killing the targeted stack. Makes the game more fun.

Server
    DE01
    Haha~, I agree. I do like the way it works. As a new nerco hero player, I think learning how to use painful bond is quite a art.

Randomness is not something bad sometime~