Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Garrisons and Might Heroes

Server
    DE01

Garrisons and Might Heroes

Although the upgrade in stack size was needed for the might heroes, it has created a bit of a unique problem when it comes to creature storage in the towns. The maximum quantity of troops a garrison slot can store is 300 yet the battlefield stack size for core troops on a might hero is 345. It would be really nice to have this changed since it would allow players to store a full stack of cores in a town garrison. There are some weekly bosses where I like to use different troops so I try to store a stack of them in the nearby town. The problem comes with core troops that I need to spread out into two slots with one slot being on partially full (well I fill them anyways but it is wasted space).

This also gives an unfair advantage to the mage classes as they can store a full core stack, 5 elite stacks or 15 champion stacks in a town garrison slot whereas the might classes can store 0.87 core stacks, 4.35 elite stacks or 13 champion stacks. This isn't so bad for the champion stacks but can be a real pain for elite or core stacks when you have specific towns set up for specific battles such as undead or prime.

The troop bailiff has a different problem where the total quantity is too much for a magic class to be able to take a full slot of core troops with a normal reserve (900), yet too little space for a might character to take a full slot of core troops with normal reserve (1035). Most players can deal with this by expanding troop reserve in your army but it doesn't solve the shortage of troop space on the might classes.

I believe the troop bailiff could be left as is but I really wish might players would have an increase town garrison to match the mage classes.
    Chromatic

Server
    DE01
    Again a difference between might and magic heroes.

Server
    DE01
    Hi Gravel,

Thank you for sharing your idea with us!

Server
    DE01
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravel View Post
    Although the upgrade in stack size was needed for the might heroes, it has created a bit of a unique problem when it comes to creature storage in the towns. The maximum quantity of troops a garrison slot can store is 300 yet the battlefield stack size for core troops on a might hero is 345. It would be really nice to have this changed since it would allow players to store a full stack of cores in a town garrison. There are some weekly bosses where I like to use different troops so I try to store a stack of them in the nearby town. The problem comes with core troops that I need to spread out into two slots with one slot being on partially full (well I fill them anyways but it is wasted space).

This also gives an unfair advantage to the mage classes as they can store a full core stack, 5 elite stacks or 15 champion stacks in a town garrison slot whereas the might classes can store 0.87 core stacks, 4.35 elite stacks or 13 champion stacks. This isn't so bad for the champion stacks but can be a real pain for elite or core stacks when you have specific towns set up for specific battles such as undead or prime.

The troop bailiff has a different problem where the total quantity is too much for a magic class to be able to take a full slot of core troops with a normal reserve (900), yet too little space for a might character to take a full slot of core troops with normal reserve (1035). Most players can deal with this by expanding troop reserve in your army but it doesn't solve the shortage of troop space on the might classes.

I believe the troop bailiff could be left as is but I really wish might players would have an increase town garrison to match the mage classes.
    You are not right.

If you do want to play only might or only magic heroes...

Add to these numbers amount of soldiers heroes can keep.

2 might heroes = more soldiers than 2 magic heroes with the same amount of garrisons.

I think moving soldiers/items should be easier and switching heroes should be easier and faster.

I see no reason to change number of people in garrisons.

Is anyone playing only 1 char after few months of grinding?

When you start grabbing event monsters you should have at least 2 heroes = your calculations are totally wrong.

Server
    DE01
    ArchiellAG, you have missed the point totally....

It has nothing to do with reserve space on your hero and everything to do with setting up a specific character so that they can do different battles by going to different towns. Might characters cannot do this with core troops without seriously compromising their troop space in the garrison.

A fully built garrison has room for 300 creatures per slot. A might character needs 345 creatures for a full stack size on the battlefield. If you rarely use this core creature but need it for specialty battles for example, that means you must store 345 creatures in your town needing 2 garrison slots. One with 300 and the other with 45, thus wasting a slot when compared to a mage hero. That slot is no longer usable, what do you not understand about that? A mage can do it no problem since their battlefield stack size is the same as the garrison stack size. That is all I am asking for but I guess arguing about it doesn't matter anyways since this game seems to be in an indefinite hiatus where game development is concerned. So don't say I am wrong when you can't fully comprehend what I am saying.
    Chromatic

Server
    DE01
    You are wrong...

If you rise amount of people in might garrisons =
    people playing magic heroe with 2nd might character willl have huge amount of army in the reserve comparing to these playing might with magic 2nd char.

If you do want to rise sth ok but rise it for all classes not bother to speak might needs more just because they do have bigger army.

I'm playing with more then 6 heroes (on my native char) and I'm switching people using bajlif so I can forget about town licenses...

=

your idea is not much help for me and for most players who will not grind licenses to get garrison big and all towns grown to a minimum size (4 upgraded + resources) = near all licenses used.

I will repeat... faster swtiching chars/moving stuff between chars and moreover ability to grab resources without swithcing char and moving through all towns as in all HoMM games...

if you want bigger garrison i am with you but only if it will be bigger for all not only for might heroes.

Server
    DE01
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchieIlAG View Post
    people playing magic heroe with 2nd might character willl have huge amount of army in the reserve...
    Who cares? Nobody plays might anyway. It's so much worse than magic heroes. I switched to Cleric after reaching DK 9 on my haven Knight.

Server
    DE01
    I actually ended up buying all troop bailiff slots, just because garrisons are useless. Gravel +1.

Server
    DE01
    getting char to DK 1 = 3 days if you do know what you are doing.

1 slot of heroe = 1035 basic, 207 elite or 69 champion units without rising limits.

if you do want more space for L1 units just get 1 might heroe to keep them on him.

I have dedicated bajlif chapter 1 necro might for easy bajlif access and keeping stuff on him.

asking for 50 more space in garrison is somewhat funny.

Server
    DE01
    Let me be clear, I want the creature storage limit of the town garrison increased for all characters in the game, not just might heroes. I guess my title was misleading and I apologize for that. The garrison limit could even be increased to 400 for all I care as it would give some storage for reserve troops. I just feel the limit should match the maximum battlefield stack size for a core unit which at the moment is 345. Better yet, if all the bugs that cause troop loss were fixed in the game, storage likely wouldn't be a problem.

It is when doing expeditions where I have noticed how much of a pain the garrison creature limit is on a might character. I use my troop bailiff for storing troops that I use across all heroes so keeping specialty troops there is not an option. That means I have to store them in a town and I am fine with that but there is just not enough space to setup a town for a specialty fight situation like undead for example on my haven knight character. As it is, it can take upwards of 15 minutes to go from one town to the other just to change my troops for a specialty battle depending on how many session invalids I get along the way. There other problem is that if you are doing high level expedition battles, it is really easy to lose entire stacks of troops due to in game bugs such as the surrender bug, the victory screen bug and being booted from battle while refreshing or cloning / duplicating tab. And there is the rare battle where you lose troops because it is a tough battle or you make a silly mistake. Because the game is so buggy in this manner, many players are forced to stockpile huge amounts of main troops for doing expedition pushes and usually these take up a huge amount of space in the troop bailiff.

Also not everyone has or can afford a spare hero that could be used purely for storage.

I agree that it would be better to improve access to all towns since it was once suggested that players have access to all towns from a single town screen to better manage troops but that was a long time ago and nothing has ever come of it. And it would be a lot easier to just increase a storage limit over adding new coding which could introduce new bugs because lets face it, every time new content is added, many new nasty bugs are introduced.
    Chromatic

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast