Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I am stuck Breaking Ground

Server
    DE01

Question I am stuck Breaking Ground

First, I have hardly played any games of any kind since video game arcades were popular. So, I am utterly newbie-brained, and have absolutely no point of reference to give my gut a sense of what to do.

I watched an intro video on youtube, but it seems that this quest has changed since it (and the wikia) were written.

I am in the Southern Plateau. I talked to Rhianwen.

The wiki and the demo I watched say the only thing you need to do before going back to Rhianwen to fulfill the quest is build the loophole tower in your town.

The quest now requires that plus recruiting 200 archers.
    My tower has 5 available slots for archers, but only two are available until I reach Level 7.
    Each of those only holds 55 or 110 total

Upgrading the tower requires resources and a town hall of at least level 2
    Level 2 town hall requires me to be at level 4, but i am only level 2

I tried moving some over to my garrison, but then they do not seem to count toward the goal.

I tried just wandering around to see if I could find something to kill to level up, but there are pikemen that seem to form a barrier that I cannot pass. I chatted with a level 3 player, she says this does not happen and I watch her walking in between them to get beyond them. i do see there are places where the curser turns to a gauntlet with a red x, i am not talking about those.

Last edited by NovitiateGamer; 28.03.16 at 08:45.

Server
    DE01
    Hi NovitiateGamer,

Could you please make a screenshot of your questbook showing the quest?

Server
    DE01
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Wolfberry View Post
    Hi NovitiateGamer,

Could you please make a screenshot of your questbook showing the quest?
    [img=http://s5.postimg.org/vmnyul59v/mmhoscreenshot.jpg]

When I click any of the points in the image behind Rhianwen and the pikemen where my cursor is a normal gauntlet my hero goes right up to their line but will not pass.
    Last edited by NovitiateGamer; 29.03.16 at 13:58.

Server
    DE01
    go into your town and to loophole tower. recruit all available archers into your army (the two free slots you have). *keyword for your quest is "recruit." with your reserves you should have enough room for 200.

Server
    DE01
    Yes indeed, Xavierduke is right

Server
    DE01
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavierduke View Post
    go into your town and to loophole tower. recruit all available archers into your army (the two free slots you have). *keyword for your quest is "recruit." with your reserves you should have enough room for 200.
    When I took my screenshot above, I had all my archers in the Garrison. See my first post. The quest counter shows 0 out of 200 needed

Notice that the tower says it is full regardless. That is why I was originally trying to put them into the garrison in order to recruit the rest to complete the quest.

Here is what the first shot looks like after I I move them back into the tower:

Server
    DE01
    So, to review..

The Tower says it is full. I tried moving archers to the garrison to let more go into the Tower, but those in the garrison do not show up in my total on the quest counter.

The only way -- I think -- to increase the Tower's capacity is to upgrade the Tower, but that requires me to level up (see first post...) OR to level up to level 7 which would allow me to recruit archers into the 3rd slot in the Tower.

Leveling up -- I think -- requires me to go kill some things, but I cannot move beyond the line formed by the Pikemen and Rhianwen.

One new piece of info. In my town there is one open slot. The only building i could build is the Barracks. When I click it, I get an error that City Hall must be Level 1 -- which it already is.
    Last edited by NovitiateGamer; 30.03.16 at 05:18.

Server
    DE01
    do you have tutorial on in the settings?

I am asking because you have 50 hero seals and tutorial wants you to speed up loophouse creation which needs HS to do it.

The only bug I know about is the quest which wants you to build barracks, recruit sentinels and upgrade town hall.
    I did it with upgrading town hall before recruiting and it was not completed (my 1st game long time ago).

As far as I know tutorial is showing exactly the button you need to press to recruit archers... May be I am wrong.

btw.
    what is wrong with you?
    you are using name "tower" to everything. You are moving people to hero slots and names it tower slots, you are using the same name to loophouse...

I bet you are the men who named "rounds" in the spells....
    Last edited by aginco; 30.03.16 at 09:02. Reason: just tower....

Server
    DE01
    There are 3 places where archers can be stored:

1. Your hero currently has 2 slots (later 5). Each slot can
    store 165 (later 900) archers. Only 55 of the 165 are active
    in a fight. You need a total of 200 archers in these two
    slots to end the quest.

2. In your garrison you have 6 slots. Each slot can hold 70
    (later 300) archers. These archers doesn't count for the
    quest.

2. The Loophole Tower produces archers and can currently
    hold 120 archers. If there are 120 archers, no more
    additional archers are produced. Use gold to buy the
    archers. You can only buy archers if there is free
    space in your heroes slots. If there is no free space
    first move troops from your hero to the garrison.
    The archers in the loophole tower also doesn't count
    for the quest.

Server
    DE01
    Quote Originally Posted by ewrtwe5 View Post
    There are 3 places where archers can be stored:
    Thank you for that excellent clarification. I need to spend some of my gold to buy 50 more archers.

What do I click on the interface to do that?

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast