Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The State of the GAME

Server
    DE01
    Many of us, new and veteran alike, are here spending money, inventing tactics to work with game-bugs because we have adapted to living with them, and for the most part, not complaining. In fact, we defend the game.

A good chunk of us are also your volunteer support team for new players, showing them how to navigate in Ashan and get the most of their hero-classes. We are very happy to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitra View Post
    ...show us or tell us something, BREATH some air into this game...
    This not too much to ask.

Server
    DE01
    I agree with Nitra.I love this game and I wish to see something new from UBI not only event or expedition.The game and us the players deserve it.

Server
    DE01
    Community and game development are in different universes and they will probably never meet.
    If there were plans about new content, it would have been published already.
    Sure, a lot of us are hoping, but the best thing to do is to Enjoy the game as it is, play it as long as it entertains you.

Oh, and I ready help to all.

Supa
    SupaSaiyajin // SupaGoku // SupaVegeta // SupaGohan

Server
    DE01
    Any product or service that doesn't make it's owners money will be discontinued. We are all free to spend or not spend as we see fit, but if one's goal is to inspire some return loyalty to the player-base and your only reason for not spending money is because you are trying to prove a point, I'm afraid it would only back-fire.

Those who do spend money are most certainly not the problem.

This thread was meant to be positive. As stated in the original post, there are already plenty of posts complaining of issues, and this is not meant to be yet another one.

The purpose of this thread is to say, "There are players still here and we want to stay. Help us to stay. Show us you are half as invested in this game as your loyal player-base."

Now, if you think this thread will also be ignored, you are probably right.. but that doesn't mean we should stay silent.

Good luck in your battles...

-- O

Server
    DE01
    So basicly we will stop giving money, so maybe they will develop somethig!!!

Server
    DE01
    +1

Server
    DE01
    Don't get me wrong - i do love the game and the ppl i play with. I do understand all the things, i'm pissed of the bugs and want new stuff. But guys - lets go in reality. Its a game made for profit. If its on enormous loss - u wont play now. If its doing big profit - all the bugs will be fixed, new servers will come out every day. Its in the between state - it gives something, but not enough to advance further. And that's all. Even if a thousand ppl say +1, that wont change a thing. That's the facts. Just don't expect wonders to happen.

The support: probably BlueByte have signed some 5 years contract on the right for the name and design of the desktop version. The project is not profitable but they cannot just shut down, cuz it will have legal consequences. That's why they give the minimal possible effort to support it and there is no developer attached to it. The guys who have developed it probably aint part of BlueByte anymore or at least in the project. Some junior is testing his skills to fix major problems and that's why u got 2 weeks login fix. And the fix is not solving the problem but rather just adding time check if there is connection and if not - giving invalid session and relocating hero to last known position.

So dont go that deep - if u like the game - play it, if not leave it. Some day it will die and we will all stop playing it. That's life - get used to it

Server
    DE01
    generate more content = generating more interest = generating more revenue well said nitra

Server
    DE01
    Quote Originally Posted by Avatarest View Post
    Don't get me wrong - i do love the game and the ppl i play with. I do understand all the things, i'm pissed of the bugs and want new stuff. But guys - lets go in reality. Its a game made for profit. If its on enormous loss - u wont play now. If its doing big profit - all the bugs will be fixed, new servers will come out every day. Its in the between state - it gives something, but not enough to advance further. And that's all. Even if a thousand ppl say +1, that wont change a thing. That's the facts. Just don't expect wonders to happen.

The support: probably BlueByte have signed some 5 years contract on the right for the name and design of the desktop version. The project is not profitable but they cannot just shut down, cuz it will have legal consequences. That's why they give the minimal possible effort to support it and there is no developer attached to it. The guys who have developed it probably aint part of BlueByte anymore or at least in the project. Some junior is testing his skills to fix major problems and that's why u got 2 weeks login fix. And the fix is not solving the problem but rather just adding time check if there is connection and if not - giving invalid session and relocating hero to last known position.

So dont go that deep - if u like the game - play it, if not leave it. Some day it will die and we will all stop playing it. That's life - get used to it
    Probably the first truly reasonable post on this thread.

This game is a business indeed, and sadly not a profitable one. Our seal purchases are most likely enough to keep this game running for now, but just barely (just look at the last event with exactly the same creatures as the week before - that's how little they care anymore).

Let's check stats on the biggest and most well-known gaming platform in the world - Steam.

http://steamcharts.com/app/336520#All

140 players is 24-hour peak, and this number is steadily declining still.

Does anyone really expect that devs will waste money and time developing new content for so little players? Obviously, there are many more players that are playing through browser, and Kongregate, and Armor games, but it just shows tendencies and that this game does not gather the needed attention, and is practically doomed.

I know that many of us know about the Demons faction which is "almost ready" to be launched, but probably never will, because it would bring so many new bugs that would make a current version of the game unplayable, and nobody has time or money to properly test it.

generate more content = generating more interest = generating more revenue
    That is true, I know that any new content would bring many old players black, at least for a bit, however the big picture is sadly, that there are other, more successful games, like Anno or Stronghold, where BB can profitably spend their time and energy.

Deep down I hope I'm wrong, however all the facts state the obvious - this game will run for some time more with no new updates and attention from devs, until one day they see that there's not enough money generated in seal purchases, and will shut it down completely.

Server
    DE01
    It is a number of people online at the same time...

Not a number of people playing in 24h interval.

My wife Minecraft world (3 servers currently with like 8 connected worlds run by "hobbiests") have peak like 500 so 140 players online for a HO (run by a corpo) is not much.

It could be much more probably if Steam could use account from other sites.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast