Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: how is about the idea of developing something new?

Server
    DE01
    Hello, we are many active players for 2 years and we would like to know what you expect as improvements, tell us if you plan to stop this game or the thank you to change your return -

Server
    DE01
    I read the article on the techraptor link and I am quoting a response to the articles' author from a representative of Ubisoft about the closure of some of their F2P (free to play) games, which is as follows:

" We decided to close down a number of F2P titles that didn’t reach the same level of interest or ongoing engagement we observe with our other games. The decision to close down these games will not prevent us to continue working on games which fit the F2P business model. Blue Byte has created successful games such as The Settlers Online, Anno Online and Might & Magic Heroes Online. These games are still active and prove to have a strong and dedicated community. "

This is actually good news, this is the first statement I have seen that would suggest this game is meeting its expectations from a business perspective. Fear mongering generated by players about the future of the game on the other hand could be a huge set back to this game as it may discourage players from continuing to play the game which as per the quote from the article would be detrimental to the game as it is currently considered to have a strong, active and dedicated community.

Before I get into the whole "New Content" debate, I want to say that in the past, I have tried to walk the fine line by asking questions about the games survivability in a manner as to not cause fear mongering but to generate a response of reassurance from the developer. The information provided in this tech raptor article is reassuring. There have also been other clues that the game was meeting the business model such as its addition to Steam, the development of the slim browser and the continual release of new troops via events.

One of the biggest issues this game suffers from is mismanagement. The poor communication with the players is a telltale sign of poor management for the game. Unfortunately, in the gaming industry, mismanagement is all too prevalent because many developers do not have adequate management experience. This tends to result in a huge disconnect between the development and corporate sides of the business. Blue Byte really needs to communicate a little more with the players or else they will put the strong and dedicated community built around this game at risk. If this thread isn't an indication of this already, the risk is already pretty high and it has been for quite some time.

And for those that think turning this into a subscription based game will save it, it is time for you to get a reality check. IF this game fails to meet the business model set out for it, Ubisoft is not going to try to save it by changing its business model, they will shut it down like they did to the other games that were not meeting their F2P model. And even if it was changed to a subscription based game, I believe such a change would just hasten the games demise. Who in their right mind would pay a subscription to play this game in its current state with all of its many technical issues?

That brings me to my next point, "New Content". I am sick and tired of seeing people flood BB_Eraya with "We need new content! / When will there be new content?" questions, the moment BB_Eraya says anything in global chat. I do not believe BB_Eraya is even privy to that type of information so quit with the harassment already. Believe it or not, this game has received new content over the past few months, although for a lot of players it is probably not the "New Content" they were looking for. We have seen new creatures and attires become available in some of the past events. This is new content and I thoroughly enjoy playing with the new creatures and trying to figure out new ways to do battles with them. It is one thing that keeps the game interesting for me but I also know that not everyone is like me. The fact that new creatures are still being introduced is another good sign that the game is not dead because it means there is some development being done on the game. I do also notice a lot of subtle changes being done in game (such as the rewording of creature ability descriptions) which mean some time and energy is being put into improving the game.

Now, the "New Content" that most players are looking for would be the addition of a new faction. This would generate some interest that would likely bring retired or semi-retired players back into the game BUT how long will this keep their interest? Once they are done the new story line quest with two new heroes and have reached the new end game, how long are they likely to stay around for? As far as I am concerned, that is really only a temporary fix. And don't forget, this game used to play very well with very few technical issues. Since the addition of guild provinces, we have seen many login issues, session invalid's, game disconnects and Error 50X messages, just to name a few. So there is definitely a technical aspect to adding new content that can't be overlooked. I would rather wait a year to get new content that doesn't degrade game performance than get it now and have a game that is almost unplayable. I believe that Blue Byte is currently focused on other new games at the moment and may be unable to devote a lot of resources to existing games like this one but who am I to make that assumption, none of us players know what is going on behind the scenes or what future plans are in store for the game, as nice as it would be to have some idea as to what is going on.

I have heard many rumours started by other players that "factions were promised to us years ago and the devs haven't delivered". I have seen no proof to prove these rumours to be true. It is just a delusion created by certain players to give them a reason to keep playing by creating a false hope of something new being on the horizon. On the other hand, any time I have seen the developer make an official declaration that they were bringing in new content, such as the guild provinces and heroic tier levels, they delivered on that promise.

As nice as it would be to hear some news about the future of the game, we as players are just going to have to be patient. We now have information that indicates the game is successfully meeting its business model so we can’t be too hasty in giving in to our own delusions of fear.
    Chromatic

Server
    DE01
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravel View Post
    [...]
    I have heard many rumours started by other players that "factions were promised to us years ago and the devs haven't delivered". I have seen no proof to prove these rumours to be true. It is just a delusion created by certain players to give them a reason to keep playing by creating a false hope of something new being on the horizon.
    [...]
    http://forum.clb.heroes-online.com/t...-A-Version-118
    10/24/2014
    "Wann wird es eine neue Fraktion geben und welche wird das sein? Bastion?"
    Diese Frage wurde bereits einige Male beantwortet: Wir wollen und werden im weiteren Verlauf der Entwicklung des Spieles weitere Fraktionen einfügen, für die nächsten 2-3 kommenden Monate ist dies jedoch noch nicht geplant. Welche Fraktion das sein wird: Lasst euch überraschen! ;- )
    googletranslate:
    "When will there be a new faction and what will that be? Bastion?"
    This question has been answered several times: We want to and will add other groups in the further course of the development of the game, for the next 2-3 months to come, this is not, however, planned.

Server
    DE01
    yeah that answers we were looking for

Server
    DE01
    Are there any plans to fix the current state of the game or new developments, perhaps?
    Tinkerhell

Server
    DE01
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Oliver View Post
    http://forum.clb.heroes-online.com/t...-A-Version-118
    10/24/2014

googletranslate:
    "When will there be a new faction and what will that be? Bastion?"
    This question has been answered several times: We want to and will add other groups in the further course of the development of the game, for the next 2-3 months to come, this is not, however, planned.
    That answer does not promise any new faction within any specified time frame and it specifically states that no new factions were to be introduced within the next few months of that forum post. None of us knows what the development time line for this game is, it could very well be spread out over years and to be honest I have a feeling that it is a very long term plan provided the game continues to be successful, which I might remind you, Ubisoft has released a statement that supports the games success according to the business model set out for it. The worst thing we the players can do is continue to spread doom and gloom to other players in the game. If players stop supporting the game because of fears it may be shut down, the game is sure to fail and it will be the fault of the players, not the devs.

And honestly, step back for a minute and think about it. If it was your product and your money, what would you do? I would release a reasonably well functioning game (it is hard to make a game bug free), then I would add some new content (like guild provinces for example) as well as make new troops available to the players from ones already found in the game. Then I would wait to see how well the game performed, is it meeting the business model? If it is, then I would start investing back into it. The thing is, this game made no revenue in alpha and beta testing phases so it is going to take time to meet the financial requirements of the business model, which could mean years depending on how many other ongoing projects the developer is working on in that time frame. And further development during this time frame is usually pretty limited. I for one don't think this game is going anywhere any time soon, it may however take some time before we see new factions or content (probably measured in years).
    Last edited by sdasdsd; 19.09.16 at 10:42. Reason: Irrelevant Content
    Chromatic

Server
    DE01
    Quote Originally Posted by IndigoWarrior View Post
    So, first you're upset about all the bugs and want the gate and preach about assertiveness and competitiveness and now you're saying people shouldn't try to win the gate?

Were you gone over the summer when Jag was on holiday? It's a game Gravel, it's called competition - if you can't handle the heat get out of the kitchen or quit complaining about it. I enjoy doing expeditions weekly. I enjoy cooping with my guild mates, having experience buffs, and improving my battle tactics.
    Where have I preached about competitiveness? It appears you are another Jag member that does not know how to read and tries to make a twisted interpretation of what I said to try and make me look bad? Where did I say anything about being upset about bugs in this thread?

I have to hand it to Sir Oliver, at least he tried to provide proof about the Dev's promising new content but it ended up just further bolstering my point. I am not being sarcastic here, at least he tried to make a sensible response. He didn't automatically resort to personal attacks against me or our guild like the rest of you.

And if you are having fun in Jag, then that is good, I am not trying to take that away from you. That is what playing games is all about, it is about having fun. I also have a lot of fun cooping with guildies but the big problem here is that our two guilds share completely different philosophies on the game. The issue is that whenever I make a counter argument to anything a member of your guild says, I am immediately swarmed with personal attacks. Again, I tip my hat to Sir Oliver for actually trying to come up with a counter argument. You have my respect for that.
    Chromatic

Server
    DE01
    Quote Originally Posted by Mentalmoo View Post
    I'm actually surprised you're not hiding on one of your many fake multiple accounts Nitra doing your usual personas Like trolling in global, the forums playing good cop bad cop and of course infiltrating other guilds spreading bad rumors about some and then attempting to break their guilds in the process to gain new members in your favor ^^
    Moo come on, we both know the truth lets not play that game lol, lets be honest you are not very good at it.. as for spreading bad rumors? it's not a rumor if it's true but we really do not need to go there as well you resort to what you think is a personal attack when in fact you are just showing more of your true colors and in time people always see them like many already have also next time you make up a story start with once upon a time it makes it so much better for the readers goat master

Server
    DE01
    Once upon a time in the land of Ashan. there were two bored heroes from the Chromatic guild. They grew tired of doing the "same thing" over and over so instead of doing expeditions that may yield a decent drop they did "many other things". They loved to troll threads and fuel off-topic posts, berating others for their sense of humor, items acquired, and other meaningless trivial attempts at personal attacks. Meanwhile, they blame everyone else for their problems in the game, in a faulty attempt to heal their broken egos from not being able to accept their fate in the order of Ashan. Everyone has grown weary of their stale arguments, fake heroes, and tired tactics so they need the new development more than most! Please, Elrath send some developments to these deserving heroes to quell their boredom.

The End.
    Tinkerhell

Server
    DE01
    how is about the idea of developing something new ?

Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast