Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Technical Issues due to Alleged Expedition Cheating?

Server
    DE01

Technical Issues due to Alleged Expedition Cheating?

Within the last couple of months, new expedition bugs never before seen have started to become way too prevalent. Within this timeframe, I have heard rumours about some players / guilds using new glitches to speed up the time it takes to finish expedition levels. Normally, I wouldn’t care about such petty behavior BUT this new glitch seems to be having an effect on every other guild / player in the game so I have to speak up because this will ruin the game for many.

I can understand how tempting it would be to use a glitch to speed up the time it takes to finish an expedition level because the rewards from doing them are POOR at best. Yes, you can get really nice legendary artefacts from expeditions at level 40 and up but they are still very rare and by doing something like this, it would allow a guild to get more of a chance at getting these artefacts. I know how disappointing it is to do half a dozen levels in a row without getting a single legendary artefact but picking up chests of wood, metal, gold, crystal or dragonsteel instead. It is a lot of hard work to finish these levels especially when they involve single battles with 400k battle power and coop battles with over 1,000,000 battle power. I personally believe that at least one legendary artefact should drop from each level above 40. If Blue Byte wasn’t so stingy with artefact drops in expeditions, the temptation to use glitches in expeditions would be a lot lower.

At the same time, some people would not do it for the artefacts, they would do it to assert their dominance in the game or to take advantage of the XP buff which is only available while leading a gate. I have stated it on these forums before that the XP buff should only be given to a guild that has won a gate for the following week. This actually allows that guild to take advantage of the XP buff and would allow other guilds to compete in the gate the following week. In place of the XP buff, a guild that is leading their respective gate should get double the purple resources.

Here is a list of the following new bugs that first appeared server wide when players / guilds allegedly first started glitching in expeditions on this server:

1. All other players / guilds that are doing expeditions legitimately start to notice the battle counter in their expedition level is no longer accurate. This isn’t a major bug but it is still an inconvenience.

2. All other players / guilds that are doing expeditions legitimately can experience a bug where they are booted out of their expedition gate part way through only to come back to have all battles completed and the final three treasures are unlocked. Typically this results in there being nothing in the treasures and the player picking them up has to wait for the time limit counter to count down. There have been at least three instances where I believe this has caused the entire game to go down with the only solution being to restart the servers. This happened as recently as yesterday. I also believe this can lead to bugging gates for other guilds where they are unable to enter the gate until the next expedition season.

3. All other players / guilds that are doing expeditions legitimately can experience a bug where upon completing a level and starting a new level, a significant quantity of battles will not disappear after being defeated. These battles do tend to disappear after being defeated a second time but this means having to complete more than 25 or 50 battles depending on the maze level.

4. The leader of one or two of the gates is not correctly displayed until they complete their next level. It is instead represented by a dash as if the season had just started. Not a major bug but still one that has coincided with the alleged glitching.

5. When starting a common battle, the battle power does not show up. If a player starts the battle without the battle power showing, they will be forced to refresh several times during the battle (after almost every turn). This seems to frequently lead to the Victory Screen error where the only way to get out of the victory screen is to logout which causes the player to lose a huge amount of troops (it is typically doubled from the standard 5 – 20% loss). There is a way around this bug and that is to leave the battle screen and go back into the battle until the battle power is showing. This is a huge inconvenience to players as it will be ok for a few battles and then if you don’t notice the battle power is showing in the next battle, you are back to a multiple refresh battle.

Of the five bugs I mentioned above, #2 and #3 are the worst. It is very frustrating to have completed 46 of 50 battles on an expedition level with 400k bp solo battles only to have another guild glitch their gate and your guild is not able to reap any reward from the final three treasures. Or you are in a 400k bp solo battle level and you have to redo half a dozen battles because they didn’t disappear from the map. And when we are talking about undead or prime coop battles that can take upwards of 20 minutes on these levels, it is VERY, VERY frustrating. This happened to our guild a couple times in the past expedition season and has happened several times in past expedition pushes in the last couple of months.

I have also heard rumours that this same glitch was used on the other server and resulted in an entire guild(s) being banned from the game. If this is true, I can understand why because of the ripple effect it seems to cause. What concerns me most is that it can possibly take the whole game down requiring a server restart to get the game running again.

If there is any truth to this rumour, this behavior needs to be stopped and sooner than later. Will Blue Byte be doing anything about this problem? Or is it all just rumours and these are new bugs somehow magically introduced to the game even though there has been no new content added to the game and it has been months since the last patch?

Sincerely,

Gravel
    Chromatic

Server
    DE01
    yeah that is true, if 30 skiled players spend 12+ hours, playing exp like team and enjoy playing together it cheating.
    game shoud turn of chat and give them limited time in game.

Server
    DE01
    Don't know what game have you been playing, but I remember all these issues practically since the very beginning of the expeditions content launch.

I have heard rumours about some players / guilds using new glitches to speed up the time it takes to finish expedition levels.
    I haven't, please do share.

I have also heard rumours that this same glitch was used on the other server and resulted in an entire guild(s) being banned from the game.
    There are only two more servers, and only two more forums. You could easily check and confirm or deny such information.

Server
    DE01
    Sorry to dissappoint you dude, but this is not the Matrix! ^^ I am almost certain no guild has Agent Smith who uses glitches to spoil the fun for others.

If you take a look at the results of the previous expedition seasons, you can only notice which guild was more active and had put in some extra hours of effort to win a gate. Sometimes one needs to put aside his/her ego, admit and congratulate someone else on their achievements. I am certain that every guild with enough manpower can stand their grounds if they can devote enough time and have appropriate strategies and organizational skills (some of which come with experience, of course).

Most of the bugs you listed can be resolved with clearing of the Flash Player cache, refreshing or logging out. Sometimes it is the Event to blamed. Try out different things, see how it will work. If the BP is not showing the first time you click on the battle, do not start it. Exit the battle menu and try to start the battle again, for instance.

Do not blame it all on the active guilds, you are only making yourself look envious. I am sure you would have gotten much better feedback if you had asked for advice on some of the issues you are concerned about.

Best regards and good luck in your future endeavours,
    Vedator

Server
    DE01
    I don't know if this 3rd party program exists or no but seriously is that what you consider as speed up a battle ? We can do 1m bp co ops in 2-3 rounds in way less time.
    Now as of ,to who the post is mentioned , it is obvious where that's going .. the only guild that can reguraly go over 60 lvl and reach 90 last week with less than 20 ppl active but guess what I was there did plenty of fights with most of the members didn't see any bug glitch or anything near the conspiracy theories we heard above (except the common bugs like bp not showing). So if you can prove any of this bugs plz enlighten us all.

Server
    DE01
    Quote Originally Posted by Trife View Post
    I don't see anywhere he mentioned Jagdkommando. Why taking all this as an attack on you?
    Not once did I mention my guild. :-) Instead, I wrote on behalf of all other active guilds that are trying their best to farm for resources and reach higher levels in Expedition. I am positive no one would bug the gate on purpose.
    Last edited by sdasdsd; 23.06.16 at 13:39.

Server
    DE01
    Dear players, thank you very much for your feedback. I will forward all the information about the bugs. Meanwhile please remain polite and constructive. And please remember, it is not allowed to discuss cheats and bans.
    Last edited by sdasdsd; 23.06.16 at 19:35.

Server
    DE01
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravel View Post
    I also don't believe Jag was the guild that used this particular glitch in the last expedition season as they are using a different tactic shared with me by LuciferLord quite a few months ago that involves dual desolation, painful bond and sacrificing single stacks of units to strengthen desolation. This can be used on the highest level battles to complete them in a few minutes. In my opinion that is a viable strategy even though it is taking advantage of a bugged ability. If the devs want to stop it, they have to fix the ability so it works properly, the players can't be faulted for coming up with ingenious ways to use it to their advantage. I will never use that tactic as I like the challenge of a hard battle and I don't really want a guild full of death knights, it is better to have the variety. Plus, if that bugged ability is ever fixed, a lot of battles that are easy to do now, will have to be done the hard way so it is best to know how to do it the proper way.
    sometimes this tactic used in tier 13 battles but we've never been used in the expedition as yours guild does and some other it is easy to check because jagd is not an isolated island players come and go see what's used and how so your lies here have no basis .

Quote Originally Posted by Gravel View Post
    Now h4nni and adelhwen, one of you claims 30 plus active players in exp and the other less than 20. Which is it? It is very easy to see through your lies, maybe you need to coordinate your lying a bit better or read each others posts. I am just pointing that out so you get your stories straight next time, I know that you can reach the level you reached with 20 active players.
    I did not count how many players was in the expedition this season I wrote approximately and I probably made a mistake since I put a large number since it came the summer and a large number of players have other commitments and entertainment. I guess the more accurate number 20 but probably neither respected colleague also did not count because it is a round number. if the lie up its framework numbers then you caught me in a lie. As already said, there are many players who have recently joined and it is easy to check the number of players.
    in any case lies that you gave were clear to adress to whom and very ill-intentioned.
    after the information that you receive clames from frist post you toned down or whatever.
    Thanks to the half-truths and malicious rumors

There are strategies without using desolation, bond, glich to fight quickly and efficiently get free come to us to learn
    greeting

Server
    DE01
    I know it's not you that you misused and most of the bugs that you mentioned can be avoided because there are some circumstances that trigers them.
    Freely can come to learn.....

Server
    DE01
    Gravel if you want accuracy .. 23 ppl participated in last seasons exp ,counting also ppl that logged in only for a couple of battles each day , so yeah you caught me in a big lie here. I sincerely apologize to you. (rofl)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast