Thread: Game is too easy.

Server
    DE01

Game is too easy.

Hi Folks,

i have been playing this game for nearly 2 years now, with interruptions of course.

What i have noticed now is that for my opinon the game is now too easy to play in comparison to the beginning. What i mean is:

- U have guilts now and the gild tasks. U can have a very fast progress because of gild tasks.
    - U have the 100% EXP-Boost Items.
    - As a guilt member u can use shrines every 30 minutes - thats the biggest bashing for balancing in game because with an ini shrine u cant barely loose.

And so its very easy to advance and u dont really need the support of other players - what i experience because of that is that the need for coop playing in story game is truly reduced - for me it was a key feature of the game.

And because of the rapid advancement the levels are somehow not that much worth anymore. In the beginning of the game for instance level 25 was something and u needed a lot of time and fight to advance to the next level. Today a newbe in a guilt can just lay back and wait for the guilt task to be finished.

So u are quite fast through the story and then.....

Server
    DE01
    Dear Rhodgar,

thank you very much for your feedback. If you have particular ideas how to improve the game, please do not hesitate to share them with us.

Server
    DE01
    To nerf the Shrine of First Move into at most +2 bonus and/or give it cooldown of many hours is the idea.

As for the subject of experience coming from guild quests it's hardly needed to be kept in check, not since anyone (especially in guild) can easily be power leveled by high level hero to even better extent, is it not so? For the same reason experience boosts are mostly useful to reach level cap of 100 dragon knight levels faster, not in ordinary levelling.

Server
    DE01
    Yep give the shrines in the guild a normal cooldown of 24h or maybe 4 Hours at least. Shrine of first move is too powerful to be permanently available.

Server
    DE01
    Seriously? What level are you guys? I'm a cleric dk 18. I love this game and occasionally I still get my bum handed to me! If it weren't for those shrines I would likely not do most of the weekly quests. I do them because they are challenging. If the game is too easy for you, change up your troop make-up. Try doing things a different way. I just got faceless. Thus far I have discovered around 5 different ways to completely lose all of my faceless. ^_^. I don't use my hero seals for that, I can't afford to buy them and they are too precious. I call it a 'learning experience'. 100% boosts? Yup, I had one once, it was so nice! Every game should have something that occasionally makes you feel like a kid in a candy store. I worked my tail off when I had it, logging in for several hours everyday (I saved it for my holiday break). Also, if you say there is no need for coops anymore, than you clearly are not doing high level raids or high level maze expeditions. Also, what is your Tier level? Have you maxed that out? When co-oped with a T13 some of those battles are 844k + in battle power. If that is too easy for you, again change your troop make up. Could you do it with just 1 type of troop? If the shrines had a normal cool down of 24 hours then there would have been no point in including them in the guild province. Just use the ones available in each province. We worked hard to build those shrines, why should we not have the benefit of them? They rarely last through a weekly boss, but they make them slightly more possible (the wyrm... -.-)
    I love this game, and there are so many bugs that it would be absolutely ridiculous to ask game developers to not work on those but instead change something that most people appreciate in order to make the game more difficult. If there were no bugs, and the game is too easy for you, then I could see asking them to create more challenging events, or even another province or faction, but please do not ask them to take something away from the game.

Server
    DE01
    The learning curve in this game consists of realizing that on high levels you, as a cleric with army, can permanently prevent 5 out of 9 possible enemy stacks from taking turns. That's without you attacking at all. If you do attack, especially when casting beneficial spells on mind pierced stacks, entire enemy stacks will start to be wiped out in the very first round. Then there are numerous techniques to win battles no matter what BP, like using only one stack in permanent sanctuary, and no retaliation attacks or hero spells. Of course, defensive stats cease to even play a role. Not even much demanding of offensive stats, sometimes, just will take longer.

Notice the use of word "permanent" everywhere so far.

You can't control enemy leader (sanctuary still protects against them), which is nasty if they can damage you, but of all endgame content only weekly boss battles have a leader. And weekly bosses aren't really high level content, or more properly not a content for geared players, since artefacts obtained later will increase power a few times.

Advice to take different (weaker, I take it) troops if game is too easy is very fitting and this is what I am doing and enjoy, but… Should I tell you if I'll take no Blazing Glories, Tranquility Guardians or Drifting Faceless and go into a co-op not shrined, the other player, using the above, will get an impression that I'm either not sane or a complete noob and then they'll clear the whole battlefield singlehandedly? Meaning I must stay from all high level co-op content if I want to play as I like.

Intuitively many players are doing endgame content for the sake of rewards, not for the challenge. Currently rewards are given for speed with which tier 13 or expedition battles are done. Faster, not harder, means more rewards. I'm to state my preference for it to be the other way around, as of now it's plainly not possible. Not, for as long as more can be gained with less difficulty.

The discussion here, though, started from initiative shrines, not crowd control abundance. I'll try to explain why this one is wrong. For initiative most enemies hardly have 9 points, the +5 bonus from shrine practically guarantees first move in every round even with slow troops. All while being accessible at will, thus rendering a gameplay element, troops' initiative, irrelevant. Their unhindered availability takes away little part of the game. All other shrines are fine as they are now.

Server
    DE01
    if you are against the Initiative why use it when you visit the guild province go in a big circle around iniative and you will not have a problem