Reply to Thread

Thread: Heroic Support - What does it actually do?

Server
    DE01

Heroic Support - What does it actually do?

"Heroic Support: Improves the Hero's defensive Abilities. Either their impact is increased or their Mana cost is reduced."

What impact are we talking about here?

Maybe i am just extra special stupid, but this makes no sense at all to me.
    Their?
    What their?
    Who is their?
    Who's their is it?

I really do not get it.
    I thought I was trying to improve the attack, defense and luck for my units?!
    What use do I have of improving my heroes defense???

Reducing mana cost I understand. My spells cost less to cast, which should work just as well as having more mana.
    Even better when you fill up your mana with potions.
    But what else does Heroic Support actually do???
    What is affected by heroic support???

Please, somebody, help me understand!
    Last edited by Mowhar; 15.01.17 at 04:08. Reason: i forgot some letters in first draft...

Server
    DE01
    Quote Originally Posted by Mowhar View Post
    But what else does Heroic Support actually do???
    What is affected by heroic support???

Please, somebody, help me understand!
    Open your hero's abilities tree, hover your mouse over some skill to see its description. One of the lines says: Improved by magic / Improved by heroic support / etc.

So, if the certain skill is improved by HS, it means that the more HS you have, the less mana it will need to cast, as you already know, either it gets a stronger effect. I can't recall all of them, but for example Reinforcements get you higher %, Life Drain steals more life % from the enemy, etc.

Server
    DE01
    OK thanks!
    So, after checking my skilltree, lets see if i got this right:

Dispel Magic, Retribution (but not mass retribution), heal core/elite units, is the four skills that are improved by Heroic Support, and are thus more powerful because of it. I dont understand how it would affect dispel magic, though. Will the area affected be larger with help of enough heroic support?

All other spells I have are improved by magic, but they cost less mana to cast, because of heroic support.

Heroic Support ONLY affect strength/mana cost for activating skills/spells, nothing else.

Server
    DE01
    Yes, the consensus is that Magic is more valuable than HS.

Reply to Thread